Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut it out horse, get back to your parade ring ya show pony. Baaaaaa!
Come on don't be sheepish
You can serve the baahloney sangers.Get 'em from Woolies. :p

Come on don't be sheepish
You can serve the baahloney sangers.Get 'em from Woolies. :p
That appears to be a world record for sheep related puns. Absolutely disgraceful :p

I can actually prove that I got it from a first hand source if need be, but I honestly have nothing to prove. I’m a grown man who has better things to do than make up rubbish rumours. I’ve shared things that I’ve heard from “a friend of a friend” before, but this isn’t one of them. It’s 100% true.

im not saying Clarko is coming, but only that Carlton tried to negotiate on his payout.
Not doubting nor questioning anything in particular you have posted. My reference is towards posters that invoke a clause to PM a mod. I assume that is to give said rumour more credibility, yet the average mug punter on here is none the wiser for it after the event.

Random thought, if AC came would he possibly bring Bolts(if not another senior assistant), that would be able to cover for him to pursue his overseas study tour during this preseason or even next preseason ? As his study learnings will benefit our club, assuming the study period is a month or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe the agreement would be to ease the workload on him in the first year, for example he won’t start official proceedings at the club until end of December or Jan 1 and he has the right support staff around him like Andrew Russell who can take control of the pre season program so Clarko can have an extended break then come back day 1 of preseason 2022 January all ready and refreshed ... just an idea
Yep that sounds more like it. Maybe a short mid-year break as well, to improve work-life balance? Let the assistants get a couple of game-day's under their belt like when Bolton stepped in for him during his health issue. If that is the sort of innovation alluded to, I would be happy with that. Especially if he has the place humming with quality assistants in place.

Or maybe the agreement would be to ease the workload on him in the first year, for example he won’t start official proceedings at the club until end of December or Jan 1 and he has the right support staff around him like Andrew Russell who can take control of the pre season program so Clarko can have an extended break then come back day 1 of preseason 2022 January all ready and refreshed ... just an idea
That would certainly be more palatable. There's so much to be done though ranging from list decisions to a complete reboot on our strategy. Can we afford to be without our our head coach until then? Maybe but it's not ideal given our current position

Random thought, if AC came would he possibly bring Bolts(if not another senior assistant), that would be able to cover for him to pursue his overseas study tour during this preseason or even next preseason ? As his study learnings will benefit our club, the study period is a month or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like Bolts is heading to the pies, but that’s what I was thinking that he would bring the support staff he wants who can ease the load on him in the first season so he can still have a break and be refreshed

I always have trouble matching the fonts.

I mean... I'm not not saying I photoshop websites for laughs....I'm talking hypothetically, of course......HEY! LOOK OVER THERE!!!!
Fonts can be tricky. I seem to have issues with keming.

Edit: I guess typography gags aren't appreciated round here.

Last edited:
That would certainly be more palatable. There's so much to be done though ranging from list decisions to a complete reboot on our strategy. Can we afford to be without our our head coach until then? Maybe but it's not ideal given our current position
List decisions and things like that can be done through zoom these days, don’t necessary need him at the club right at the beginning

Here is what I choose to believe...

Sayers: DT no good, interested Clarko?
Clarko: Maybe, I dunno.
Sayers: Clarko is a chance. A club review will buy us time and give us a mandate to make whatever changes Clarko wants
Korda: Bucks - there is the door. Mitchell, you interested?
Jeff: ...but we have a succession plan.... Sam, the job is yours next year.
Clarko: WTF? Na, this aint working. Pay me out Jeff you MoFo.
Sayers: Interested now Clarko?
Clarko: Yeah, but no decision until season over
DT: What's this I am hearing?
Pickers: I got your six. Just play it cool like Ratts did.
Sayers: Ross, we're keen on Clarko. If not him - you. Interested?
RTB: Yep
Sayers: Clarko, season is over, you coming?
Clarko: Not while Teague is in the hot seat
Jeff: You want how much Clarko? You aint taking our money then double dipping for the enemy
Gill: Clarko, I hear you are in the market. GCS?
Clarko: Ha ha ha
Gill: GWS?
Clarko: Bwah ha ha ha ha ha
Gill: Marketing allowance? Ambassadorial role?
Clarko: [backing away towards the door] er, I'm, I'm travelling overseas with my wife
Jeff: Gill, Blues and Clarko are about to bend us over
Gill: I thought he was taking the year off? Hmm, don't worry Jeff, you can split the payment over two years and we will sort this out to make Blues pay overs
RTB: Clarko's manager said he is out. Where do I sign?
Caro: So Ross, job must be yours now, when do you start?
RTB: Can't say anything, Teague is still there.....but yeah.
Pickers: What? Lyon's a grub
Sayers: Teague, please collect your things and hand in your keys
Caro: So Ross, surely job must be yours now, are you going to the Blues or what?
RTB: Yeah, I know. There is a process, PR, you know the drill....
Sayers: Clarko, DT has gone, you coming?
Clarko: Just finished up, need to think about it.
RTB: Sayers? You there? Clarko said no. When do I start?
Sayers: Er, we need to go through a process.
RTB: Ok, PR right? Whatever, just make it snappy
Sayers: Clarko - we need a decision.
Clarko: Russell said list is good, but CEO a tool.
Sayers: Cook, I hear you are on the way out. Interested?
Cook: Well, I'm too young to retire. But no decision till season end
Clarko: Ok, you get Cook, we can talk.
RTB: WTF is going on. Teague's gone? You're not really serious about this process thingy are you?
Sayers: Well, um, er, we need to buy some time, 30 days...45 days.... honestly, Clarko may still be interested
RTB: WTAF? This is bad for my image. I'm out.
Cook: Hey Clarko, I'm in if you are in. But no announcement until season end
Clarko: Wife and I are keen on travelling. Maybe? I dunno? What is the offer again?
James Henderson: Cook, Sayers - did you hear RTB is out. Better order a couple of Armaguard trucks and fill em up.
Sayers: Hey Jeff, wanna split Clarko's payout?
Jeff: Gill, they are at it again.
Gill: Don't worry Jeff. I have nothing better to do in my 14 day WA quarantine. This is gunna be fun

Next week:
Dees > Cats
Cook: I'm in
Jeannie: Armaguard trucks on the way
Clarko: Get stuffed, I want it in bitcoin
RTB: You want me now don't-cha!
Sayers: Williams, Patty, Parko, Tim: The process consists of one 30 minute meeting with Clarko. You must address him as Sir and you must not look him directly in the eye, got it? If yes, done. If no - RTB, in which case there will be no psych test or behavioural interview questions. Got it?
Williams: Ok, Luke. No worries. But I thought they both said no?
Sayers: What are Lloydy and Caino doing on this Zoom call? Can someone mute them please. Didn't they get the memo?
Clarko: Hey Caryn, pack your bags for a quick holiday, there is a private jet waiting for us and you might want to check our crypto wallet....just need to pop into Royal Parade on the way through
Sayers: Press conference at 1pm....get the members email ready...
Is that Shakespeare?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some posters have been found out because their source knows they post here. I have had to delete rumours because of this.

It doesn't really matter though does it?

When did people start questioning every little thing like it was a big deal?
There's not much else happening at the moment.
It's not a big deal. Someone brings it up. A couple of people have also thought similar, but haven't bothered to mention it. It becomes a small discussion point briefly.

Sounds like working during a break :)
True haha but I know that’s a thing in American sports with the experienced/better coaches, players they report to training camp much later in the preseason and Clarko is a big fan of the American sports programs and he likes to implement techniques, ideas from sports in the US and Europe into our game

Chris Scott is Yes for me but clear NO to Brad IF we go that route. Personally I don’t want either.

After Clarko, Chris Scott is the one for me! Would be a great get for this footy club

Would be a great appointment but:
- Given his age and time in football, I think retirement is his priority as opposed to full time. high pressure gigs. He may look to consulting part time but that would suit us.
- I find it really weird and NQR that we we are head hunting a CEO whilst we still have one in place. I wonder if its actually true we have approached him or if we have, it may be for another role.
- Everyone seems to be knocking us back at minute, are we on the nose? Are we a graveyard for coaches for CEOs?
As I said, would be an awesome appointment, I personally think the odds are stacked against us.
I don't find it weird if we know that the current CEO is gone. Given the changes we have had and are possibly still going to have, it makes sense to make those changes in stages. Could simply have started off as us sounding him out knowing there was a vacancy about to come up, but then the media caught wind of it when it normally would have taken place without knowledge until Liddle was sacked and Cook appointed.
Some leaks are strategic. Some are accidental. Some are incidental. Some are deliberately false.
The fact that Cook has said he won't comment on it until Geelong's season has ended, indicates that it's probably a pretty good chance. Otherwise he could've easily just put it to bed when asked and said absolutely not happening, and then it doesn't distract from their finals campaign and is put to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back