Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Assistants at Port, maybe we're looking at the wrong one?

Jarrad Schofield (Port Adelaide)

After leading WAFL club Subiaco to premierships in 2014, 2015 and 2018, Schofield was snapped up by Port Adelaide ahead of the 2019 season. He is in charge of the midfield in a team that came within a kick of a Grand Final appearance in 2020. Noted for his ability to communicate with experienced stars and young draftees equally well, he is leading a dynamic midfield at the Power.
He my pick for a first timer but my vote didn't count for much looks like I only one 😂 -- hope he brings Montgomery with him to coach our defence ..

I can't understand why there are people who have any hope of securing Chris Scott as our coach.

There is no chance. Why would he leave in the middle of a premiership window?

Maybe because this is the squad going into 2022

30 - Duncan, Guthrie, Dahlhaus
31 - Stanley, Rohan
32 - Tuohy, Henderson
33 - Danger, Smith, Hawkins, Jenkins
34 - Selwood, Higgins

14 players who have played (practically) 0 games

And outside of that are Stewart, Cameron and Guthrie and only ~9 arguably meh players remaining.

Maybe he may entertain jumping ship before 1/3 of the list are in a retirement home.

Last edited:
Re Assistants at Port, maybe we're looking at the wrong one?

Jarrad Schofield (Port Adelaide)

After leading WAFL club Subiaco to premierships in 2014, 2015 and 2018, Schofield was snapped up by Port Adelaide ahead of the 2019 season. He is in charge of the midfield in a team that came within a kick of a Grand Final appearance in 2020. Noted for his ability to communicate with experienced stars and young draftees equally well, he is leading a dynamic midfield at the Power.
If we are trying to improve our culture on and off field he is not someone we should be looking at.

Shaun Burgoyne off to Port Adelaide. Great get for them

Shaun Burgoyne off to Port Adelaide. Great get for them

Good decision by Shaun. The "go home" welcoming combined with not coaching at a club you have just retired at. I think it is very important for players to go to another club to begin their coaching journey rather than "stay on" as a development coach or assistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good decision by Shaun. The "go home" welcoming combined with not coaching at a club you have just retired at. I think it is very important for players to go to another club to begin their coaching journey rather than "stay on" as a development coach or assistant.
Would have been the family pull of home as well. His wife is a SA girl (Greg Phillips daughter)

Maybe because this is the squad going into 2022

30 - Duncan, Guthrie, Dahlhaus
31 - Stanley, Rohan
32 - Tuohy, Henderson
33 - Danger, Smith, Hawkins, Jenkins
34 - Selwood, Higgins

14 players who have played (practically) 0 games

And outside of that are Stewart, Cameron and Guthrie and only ~9 arguably meh players remaining.

Maybe he may entertain jumping ship before 1/3 of the list are in a retirement home.

Add:
By round 1 next year:
Menegola 30 Blicavs 31
Stewart and Cameron 29

Parfitt is their best player outside that lot...

I want Voss like I want the black plague
Pretty sure there's some middle ground of displeasure between getting Voss and a desire for the Plaugue! But I am with you on Voss, have not been a real fan as a head coach option generally. Good assistant material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back