Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! šŸ”„ šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank the gods that the Clarko thing has been put to bed. As good as he is, the constant chatter and courting of the guy has been less than diginified.
I preferred Ross Lyon for a number of reasons, primarily he would still have the hunger to prove himself whereas Clarko's position in the footballing pantheon is already guaranteed.
And we probably get neither. And the bloke that gets it looks like a compromise and 3rd option.
Kind of undermines the bloke before he gets his feet under the desk. Poorly handled IMO.
Regardless, I'll back whoever we get in.

Thought Clarko sounded a bit over it all and in need of a spell. As a rising 54 year old, I'm not sure that the spell will reinvigorate him, more like make him realise there is more to life than footy. It would be very hard to get back on the horse after a year of chilling out. For mine, he's done.

So not getting Clarko = keeping the train wreck that was Teague?

nooooooope

If its 12 months of Teague then Clarkson for 5 years I'm taking that over 3 years of Voss.

Voss doesn't excite anyone, we ourselves have overlooked him twice and collingwood have done the same just recently.

I don't think this list gets a chance with another coach, whoever we appoint now if they aren't capable sets us back.

But he was

In your opinion. The difference is Collingwood didnā€™t run a process and then hold things up waiting for Clarkson to respond (at least not to the public eye). Here we ran a process had a preferred candidate and then seemingly desperately tried to get a better solution in Clarkson. This perception doesnā€™t set Voss up for success. We should have ruled Clarkson out long ago

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought Clarko sounded a bit over it all and in need of a spell. As a rising 54 year old, I'm not sure that the spell will reinvigorate him, more like make him realise there is more to life than footy. It would be very hard to get back on the horse after a year of chilling out. For mine, he's done.

Unless of course Gil .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Clarkson just said that Cook called him over the weekend. What would be the purpose of doing this? I think pretty clearly he was preferred. The club really needs to do a great PR exercise to build Voss up so he doesnā€™t look like a second rater. For the benefit of both supporters and players

If the player group, club, supporters & incoming senior coach, knowing the club preferred the best coach of the modern era, over whoever it ends up being. We have serious problems.

Easy to spin, your a player, make Clarkson regret not being your coach, if you are the new head coach, prove that you should have been the first and only choice.

As for the media, weā€™ll they can please themselves

I hear ya

Seems like it's Voss. I was hoping for Kingsley. Way more impressive.

Intrigued why you say this ... has Kingsley had a senior coaching gig? Did you hear what Dimma said about Teague? Truly, interested in how you arrived at that viewpoint?

Didn't Lyon knock back the Pies publicly?
You also can't possibly believe they didn't approach Clarko?
The only real difference is the way both have been played out in the media.

No. They both knocked back at the start of the process. Not the end. Itā€™s the perception now that Voss is inferior. McRae doesnā€™t have to be compared to Clarkson or Lyon because it was never obvious that the pies preferred them over McRae. They simply wanted Clarkson and lyon as part of the process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back