Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many mentions of Yze in the media unless I have missed them.
Seems to be highly rated as an assistant - I wonder if we are going to interview him after the Grand Final before making the call?

Would seem to be a sensible plan if we are considering assistants in the role likewise King from the Bulldogs?

In my opinion, the appointment of an entire assistant coaching team is more important than the head coach. The melts have been extreme. Let's wait for the full picture
Not according to that NFL expert that everyone rates. He says the coach must coach! Lead. Take charge.

Can we also take a moment to acknowledge that Clarkson is like "Sure, I'll go on your 360 show. But I'm gonna plug my friends booze company and you're going to smile and like it"

Gold.

He won't allow himself to be bought, and probably why C.Scott rumours to GC are now emerging. Possibly told Gil to call back August next year.

Not according to that NFL expert that everyone rates. He says the coach must coach! Lead. Take charge.
The head coach must be the one who inspires, and leads. Great story teller. They are the ones who get that extra 5% out of the players...that discretionary effort that is above and beyond....the 105% effort. From a distance, i reckon I'd like to go into battle with Bevo. Says interesting things. Seems like a great person, strong philosophies. I'm not surprised that success has followed him everywhere.

The best coaches all seem to have similar characteristics. They are great communicators. They are wise, deep thinkers with a great understanding of people and philosophies. They captivate when they speak. I haven't seen that side of Voss, and i dare say its not something he's had to practice whilst being an assistant at Port.
Ross Lyon's brand is a bit mixed. He would have strong philosophies, and good understanding of people. He's high performance and all about continual improvement. However, he also can come across as self interested, perhaps owing to his departure from St Kilda. No coach seems perfect.

Ross was perfect for us because the one thing that lets us down massively is the defensive side of the game.

Ross was known for putting together good capable defensive structures.

If this isn't a strength of Voss then I'd expect the same issues to keep holding us back.

Can we also take a moment to acknowledge that Clarkson is like "Sure, I'll go on your 360 show. But I'm gonna plug my friends booze company and you're going to smile and like it"

Gold.

He won't allow himself to be bought, and probably why C.Scott rumours to GC are now emerging. Possibly told Gil to call back August next year.

Yeah it would be great to get someone of Clarko's coaching ability to be the inaugural coach of the Tassie Team!

The best coaches all seem to have similar characteristics. They are great communicators. They are wise, deep thinkers with a great understanding of people and philosophies. They captivate when they speak. I haven't seen that side of Voss, and i dare say its not something he's had to practice whilst being an assistant at Port.
Ross Lyon's brand is a bit mixed. He would have strong philosophies, and good understanding of people. He's high performance and all about continual improvement. However, he also can come across as self interested, perhaps owing to his departure from St Kilda. No coach seems perfect.

Not in football football. Some of the best premier league and bundesliga managers have been egotistical draconian warlords - and have gotten results. As the AFL gets bigger and richer, more mercenarism will be involved. We've only just seen the beginning of this with player transfers and trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it would be great to get someone of Clarko's coaching ability to be the inaugural coach of the Tassie Team!

I can't see a Tassie team happening in the next 5 years. The report they instigated said similar.

So do you reckon we are still a chance to get Clarko?

.. / -.. --- -. .----. - / - .... .. -. -.- / -.-. .-.. .- .-. -.- --- .----. ... / .- / -.-. .... .- -. -.-. . / .- -. -.-- -- --- .-. . .-.-.- / -.-. .-. .- --.. -.-- / ...- --- ... ... -.-- / .. ... / --- ..- .-. ...

Ross was perfect for us because the one thing that lets us down massively is the defensive side of the game.

If this isn't a strength of Voss then I'd expect the same issues to keep holding us back.

I'm still holding my breath for RtB. Seems unlikely tho.

FMD...... someone shoot me! 🤪
I just listened to the Barrett podcast - it was nothing more than waffle picked from social media sites (probably here). He is a deadset Carlton hater. Whatever happens he'll come up with a typically snide response. When we win the flag next year I'm going straight to his place with gaffer tape, a drop sheet and a shovel.

.. / -.. --- -. .----. - / - .... .. -. -.- / -.-. .-.. .- .-. -.- --- .----. ... / .- / -.-. .... .- -. -.-. . / .- -. -.-- -- --- .-. . .-.-.- / -.-. .-. .- --.. -.-- / ...- --- ... ... -.-- / .. ... / --- ..- .-. ...

I DON'T THINK CLARKO'S A CHANCE ANYMORE. CRAZY VOSSY IS OURS

For those playing at home.

I don't think he's ever coached the defence but Port Adelaide mids have a pretty ferocious attack on the ball until they get to finals and become a self described abomination.

Ross can also make our star players better, has zero tolerance for conditional players and has the gravitas and reputation such that there would be no tail wagging the dog.

‘This resulted in the club parting ways with nearly 70% of its staff in the first two years of Mr Cook’s tenure, and in the first three years seeing nearly half the players leave.’

Reckon Cookie might hit 95% at this thing of ours.😎
Well, as of the time of writing this...

Board 50% turnover:
4 remaining: Sayers, Kinnersley, Campbell, Matthieson
4 out: Loguidice, Pratt, Townshend, Judd
4 in: Priestly, Lincoln, Carey, Williams

FD/CEO/etc 55% turnover:
5 remaining: Lloyd*, Power, O'Keefe, Kreuzer, Baker
6 out: Liddle, Teague, Barker, Stanton, Amos, Bruce
1 in so far: Cook

*still expecting to go, which would push the FD/etc to 64%.

Granted, only Bruce has left since the Cook announcement, but of those 19 roles there are only 9 (or 8) remaining, so you'd think that's not a heap of positions left that might be in danger this off season.

If its Voss as many are suggesting in the media now, just appoint him, announce it today and get it over with. No reason for it to drag on.
There could be 100 reasons that, believe it or not, you're not privy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back