Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossy as senior coach with McQualter, Scarlett, Nigel Lappin and Power as his assistants is a pretty good result
There def seems to be a theme building here. It looks to me like Cook is building a Bris Lions Premiership squad MKII - a very tight knit culture but mentally & physically tough unit.

I was watching an old Open Mike interview with Ackermanis last night, (and I know he mouths off but this was pretty open) and he was talking about how mentally resilient the Lions were back then, and how outside noise/negative media didn't bother them at all and they barely paid attention to it. He said the contrast when he was at the Doggies was huge, they were very sensitive about what was said about them, very mentally fragile, to the point that Smorgan had a Footy Forum Alias and used to trawl the boards finding out what was said about them and actually paying attention to the Negative shit that was getting posted etc. Was very interesting.

I'm hoping our Boys become every bit as mentally & physically tough unit as the Lions. Great Model to follow.

Best shoes ever.
Dunlop Volleys were standard footwear at Pentridge. As prisoners would have the shoelaces removed from their shoes - for obviously reasons - they would also cut the tongues of the shoes as they moved around, rubbed against the top of the foot and caused blisters. THEN, the improvisation was taken up outside prison and became something of a fashion statement and 'sign' around inner Melbourne (before the hipsters turned up) - And no, I've never worked as a prison guard or administrator.

Im backing in Forty3’s info telling us Kinglsey has been told he’s out

Whately said similar and Browny said Voss texted him and told him that he has been told anything yet.

Cook makes the final decision. Voss is the Panel's recommendation. Dusty is hoping Kingsley doesn't get the job as he has been so good at Richmond,

Everytime we think something is most of the way to set, things change....lol.

The last two seasons I was very vocal in stating that Simon Goodwin was one of the worst senior coaches I'd seen. Then last off season they brought in Chocco Williams and Adam Yze, adding to Alan Richardson who was brought on board 12 months earlier.

Now look at the Dees. Playing some of the most complete footy since Geelong in their prime.

Obviously from the outside it's impossible to tell how much influence those three are having on the current group, but they are a completely different team to what they were a few years ago.

So whether it's Voss or Lyon or someone else, I'll be right behind them, BUT it is CRUCIAL that Sayers and Cook bring in the very best support and assistant coaches possible.

Luke Power looks like a great coach in the making. And talk of Scarlett and Lappin is encouraging. If we could poach one or more of Kingsley, Gia, Caracella or Yze as well then I'd say that I would be extremely confident in a change of in field fortune in the coming years.

If it ends up being Voss and a bunch of no names / unproven assistants, then I will be far less confident.

Couldn't agree more. It's highly highly unlikely Goodwin has been the main cause of their success this year. Chocco and Yze no doubt (along with an incredible run of no injuries I might add).

It's all about the coaching team and playing list/health.

Not a huge fan of Voss, but put him with Scarlett, McQualtor etc and I'm much more confident. One thing I do know is this. We will be vastly improved.

If

If you can't workout by who standard, not sure I should interact with you.

I just love how you interact with people and create a sense of community. Making me all warm and fuzzy over here.

he will go to West Coast and have a good season in the midfield and people will be saying "why didn't he do that for us?".............and people who knew he was always a midfielder played out of position will be shaking their heads
And if he does then it will be further vindication of the Boards decision to sack Teague for his gross mis management of Samo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Jack, reports that he was lowballed initially are accurate apparently. He was advised by his camp to explore his options but refused to.
Really good teams are built around such acts and commitment. Has a crack and loves the club, that’ll do me.
I hope he's paid what he's worth ..
His effort alone should be worth more than half our list .

Who's gonna add this to the Bluemours No Discussion thread first?

Anyone?
'no hands' tried it - he was told the dangers involved, how hazardous it might be but he went in anyway - now he really has 'no hands'..........

Speaking of leaks: how dry has CFC been of late? Amazing, went from titanic-like rip to seeming silence so quickly. LS doing a fine job.

Quite a liddle bit of change in regards to rumours compared to previous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back