Autopsy Blues V Demons Rant/Vent thread. Trolls/Lurking likers beware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon on any day - depending on a lot of things pretty much any team can beat any other from 6th down to the rest of the field...

Both Waite and Garlett are paying the price for missing regulation shots - I wouldn't have dropped them against Melbourne and I would have them both back in for the match against the Doggies.
MM said they where dropped for not chasing their players out of the forward 50.

Waite will come back in, not to sure about Garlett, Garlett showed zero in the Ants on the weekend.

Starting to get the feeling Garlett doesn't want to be there. He used to be quite ferocious when the ball was in the forward 50 and he didn't have it, he was damn passionate.

I've been stewing on this one incident last week but I wanted to settle down (still haven't) before commenting on it.

I think it was sometime in the 3rd quarter, on one of the half forward lines. A Melboune player or players were giving it to one of our boys (can't recall who) after a tackle - pushing back on to the ground etc. Nothing much, but not necessary all the same. The ONLY two players that came in to help out and back up their team mate and get a bit physical with the Dees player were Nick Graham (3rd game) and Patrick Cripps (1st game).

Where were the leaders? Where were the experienced players? It was absolutely emblimatic of the malaise that infects the current crop of players. No leadership, no backing your mates up, no awareness, no solidarity or comradery. Very poor form, but kudos to Graham and Cripps for leading the way.

I've been stewing on this one incident last week but I wanted to settle down (still haven't) before commenting on it.

I think it was sometime in the 3rd quarter, on one of the half forward lines. A Melboune player or players were giving it to one of our boys (can't recall who) after a tackle - pushing back on to the ground etc. Nothing much, but not necessary all the same. The ONLY two players that came in to help out and back up their team mate and get a bit physical with the Dees player were Nick Graham (3rd game) and Patrick Cripps (1st game).

Where were the leaders? Where were the experienced players? It was absolutely emblimatic of the malaise that infects the current crop of players. No leadership, no backing your mates up, no awareness, no solidarity or comradery. Very poor form, but kudos to Graham and Cripps for leading the way.

I'd really like to see this replay. Thank (some higher deity/power) we have been recruiting tougher players with leadership qualities in the past few years.

I'd really like to see this replay. Thank (some higher deity/power) we have been recruiting tougher players with leadership qualities in the past few years.

Yes remember the incident clearly, one of our leaders was beneath the scrimmage, got up fixed his hair and rode off into the sunset

How can you even argue that we've added Menzel, Bell, Everitt, Thomas, Curnow and Cripps to that list? :rolleyes:

I do not "argue" it. Is a statement of fact.

Paddy played his first game today.

And so . . . ?

A mirage like Tim Lane stating that we have 13 top 12 picks. Wow. That includes a journeyman in Everitt plus Judd and Mclean who probably won't be at Carlton next year.
Well Everitt was a MM addition. If you think he doesn't add to the list (I do) he is a MM responsibility. As for Judd and McLean not being here next year (a) I doubt you are right; and (b) so what, we are talking about 2011 compared with 2014 (not 2015).

Rest of the AFL haven't stood still with their recruiting.

As for the rest of our 2011 list...

Thomas and Henderson are underdone.
Bell is raw.
Curnow a role player.
Judd was still elite to take the heat of Murphy at the coal face.
Warnock has been worked out.
Kreuzer isn't there.
Laidler has gone.
Duigan has gone.
Robinson was one of our best in the WC final.
Waite and Garlett out.

Mick's fault. :drunk::rolleyes:

I am surprised by your ironic emoticon finish. All the above is just excuses. Laidler has gone because MM didn't rate him, if Bell is raw then MM hasn't developed him, if Thomas and Henderson are underdone why is our list (with all the additions I referred to in my previous post) not capable of allowing them to regain fitness in the magoos,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back