Blues v Hawks Venting thread - keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

would guess that thornton hasn't spent as much time schooled in and adjusting to our supposed newer gameplan, moreso seeing as he was out of the side for a few weeks, not to mention whatever was happening up the ground.

i think most of us are aware that at this stage of development we just turn in some shockers against opponents we're fancied against, now and then. this was that game. seriously, sitting 5th with a chance to go higher in the next few weeks had me pinching myself because we aren't really that consistent.
new week, new chance to turn it around. or **** it up monumentally ;)

Ahh... yeah... non-constructive abusive threads... hmmm we both know that ASMS and the rest of them will be able to couch their threads in such a way that they appear to be constructive and non-abusive... but we all know that they only ever show for the losses and disappear into the woodwork when we are winning.
Possibly, but I am looking into the past to look for some balance from some posters, and the day may come where we have a clean out for the sake of quality control and board harmony.

No, this does not mean happy happy joy joy posting all the time. It just means showing some sort of objectivity.

Very 2007 like, except without Fevola!
Nobody presented or ran up the ground from kickouts. Nobody ran hard down the centre. They wanted the ball more at every single contest.
Whenever we did get the ball, we would just bomb it into our forwardline. Not sure what was going on. the forwards weren't presenting and the midfielders thought they were playing under pagan!.
Barely won a clearance!
Bret Thornton is too bloody slow.
Eddie Betts needs a major boot up the arse.
We desperately needed a McLean type player in and under packs. Not only to help win clearances but to display a little hardness and extract!. Robbo tried hard but his frame is too small at the moment.
Sentanta needs to stop and think. Gets too caught up in adrenaline. Can be very frustrating.
Not all doom and gloom. Showed some +tives, and there was always going to be a few games like this, this season. Backline injjuries didn't help at all , but i can see it all clicking together soon. We need one of Hadley/McLean in our side.
Vent/Rant finished

No Waite, Bower, Walker, White, Johnson, Austin, Houlihan, McLean, Fisher and Lucas yet people are wondering why the hell we can still get beaten from time to time. Give us a break.

Hawthorn had an injury list along these lines for several weeks, and guess what? They couldn't win a game. Today with an injection of class into their side they got over the line. Give us a full list to choose from and I'm sure the result would of been very different to what we saw today.

Umpires appear to get lost a bit in these tough contested games, I reckon. Has a mayor bearing on the result unfortunately.

Mitch Robinson deserves more in and under mid-field work. He is one tough young man.

We were ripe for the picking today after a very good 5 weeks and last weeks travel.
Combined with an on Hawks team with some good inclusions the recipe was there.
My concern is that we lost by so much again.
Defensively we need to set up better and fill more holes.
Coaches and players don't seem to have this right.
Not good enough to lose by that much again.

Possibly, but I am looking into the past to look for some balance from some posters, and the day may come where we have a clean out for the sake of quality control and board harmony.

No, this does not mean happy happy joy joy posting all the time. It just means showing some sort of objectivity.

And showing up with praise for a job well done when the boys win instead of doing a Keyser Söze ;)

I think everyone needs 2 take a deep breath and come back on here in a day or 2
You cant win every week and today i had a feeling it was a good time to get us
We have been up for a while and have a heap of injuries
I will take 5/4with some winable games ahead
like taking joy in a player getting injured?

Yeah we had a lot of players out today and were down a couple after half time, but there were 22 on the field in the first 1.5 quarters when we got six goals down.

Carlton may make the finals this year but they will be going nowhere if they serve up too many more performances like that. To be specific:

Johnson: I have liked his past couple of games, but if he didn't get injured today, you doubt he would get a game next week.

Betts: Gees he has had a poor couple of weeks. I hope I am wrong, but you have to think that Eddie is going the same way as Davis in that he disappears when you really need him.

Thornton: Really looked out of his depth at times today. Been a great servant for the CFC but I really don't know if he is going to be part of the next Carlton premiership team.

Just a bitterly disappointed Carlton supporter who is going out to flog the punching bag.

Embarassing! Gibbs, Murphy and few others need to be axed! Remember what happened when the Saints dropped Dal Santo and another big name, not for a week but a month? Gibbs is turning into a Dal Santo, SOFT and UNINTERESTED, obviously a big head now! As for Henderson and Thornton, swap them for Austin and Grigg. Its time to assess where we are at, seriously we are not going past week 2 of the finals at best, planning trade week and draft requirements should start now. Seriously disheartened.... Can you smell what the blues are cooking?....If it looks like shit, and smells like shit.......

lets face it people, it was always going to happen sooner or later. we were playing some good footy, evern with a few key players out. coming into this round we were all feeling nervous, we knew it could go either way. we showed a bit of spirit in the 3rd at least, and hendo looked promising.

hawks are a good team, and have had the wood over us. its a lesson for the team, we have to improve our consistancy, winning only 2 or 3 in a row isnt good enough, we have to string more together.

Waite needs to be given a talking too. really missed him today for his stupidity last week.

Betts is playing terrible, having no impact. even against st kilda he did nothing till the last qtr when the game was done.

Hendo kicking 3 was good, still needs to clunk those marks.

Even though we had those injuries, we were already 6 goals down when they happened. We didnt have the intesity required to beat them.

Good thing is we have the eagles next week over here, should put us back on track.

Embarassing! Gibbs, Murphy and few others need to be axed! Remember what happened when the Saints dropped Dal Santo and another big name, not for a week but a month? Gibbs is turning into a Dal Santo, SOFT and UNINTERESTED, obviously a big head now! As for Henderson and Thornton, swap them for Austin and Grigg. Its time to assess where we are at, seriously we are not going past week 2 of the finals at best, planning trade week and draft requirements should start now. Seriously disheartened.... Can you smell what the blues are cooking?....If it looks like shit, and smells like shit.......
strike me pink...............

Is it just me or is Gibbs very down on form and not hurting the opposition much?? Today especially he just seemed to run around without much heart and enthusiasm and seemed to be just going through the motions.

I know he is a well liked player and i dont mind him either but i am expecting more from him to be honest.
Maybe he already knows that he won't be playing for CFC next year? :s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't drop all of your star players to motivate them. Most of them are stars in the first place, because they have the ability to motivate themselves.

On top of the players already missing, you want to axe Gibbs and Murphy, and Henderson and Thornton.

Do you feel like showing me what next week's side will look like and if it would be worth losing another four points on the off chance that it may alter some individual mindsets?

You simply do not axe every player for what was a flat, fumbling, miserable team performance.

Helps if you watch the game Idiot. I dont know why your here **** off.

I am not sure what you mean but I admit I did only watch 3/4 of the game so I must have missed the injuries. I did hear about the Yarren so I apologise about forgetting that one. Who were the other two? Are you guys telling me you only had 1 fit player on the bench to come back on the ground?

Very 2007 like, except without Fevola!
Nobody presented or ran up the ground from kickouts. Nobody ran hard down the centre. They wanted the ball more at every single contest.
Whenever we did get the ball, we would just bomb it into our forwardline. Not sure what was going on. the forwards weren't presenting and the midfielders thought they were playing under pagan!.Yep, also kicking the ball on top of Bett's head more often then not, whats the thinking here?

Barely won a clearance! Yep, SoS mclean/Hadley
Bret Thornton is too bloody slow.Yep, Slows the game down every time he has it
Eddie Betts needs a major boot up the arse. Yep
We desperately needed a McLean type player in and under packs. Not only to help win clearances but to display a little hardness and extract!. Robbo tried hard but his frame is too small at the moment.Yep, Robbo did do some good things today
Sentanta needs to stop and think. Gets too caught up in adrenaline. Can be very frustrating.Yep, his job is to kick goals, trys to give off or play on at the wrong times to often, should be told inside 50 go back and have a shot back yaself, the play on after the mark on the 3/4 time siren was very frustrating
Not all doom and gloom. Showed some +tives, and there was always going to be a few games like this, this season. Backline injjuries didn't help at all , but i can see it all clicking together soon. We need one of Hadley/McLean in our side.
Vent/Rant finished

Also, Judd is a gun we all know it, his disposal is letting down the hard work he does.
10 minutes into the game you could tell that the Hawks were here to play. We sadly weren't
Pathetic effort today by the boys (2007 like performace as someone said)
Passengers, passengers,passengers
2 50pt losses in our last 3 games now.
And as someone else said Gibbs whats going on? I watched a lot of him today, and he just looks like his motoring along, doesn't look really hungry or desperate.

Anyway, hope Ratts gives em a kick up the arse and they come out next week keen to make amends.:thumbsu:

*also was really pissed off today with no Waite there. Really let his team mates and Supporters down with that brain fart last weekend.

I am not sure what you mean but I admit I did only watch 3/4 of the game so I must have missed the injuries. I did hear about the Yarren so I apologise about forgetting that one. Who were the other two? Are you guys telling me you only had 1 fit player on the bench to come back on the ground?

White went off with what looked like a knee injury. Johnson went off with a possible shoulder injury.

There were a few guys out there carrying knocks from the treatment being handed out to them by the Dawks.

And essentially, we were down to 1 man on the bench in the last quarter.

They dropped Dal Santo & Milne for a week only. We dropped Waite & Thornton & they both played VFL for 3 weeks.

Maybe he already knows that he won't be playing for CFC next year? :s

The longer the contract status drags out and the more his form drops only puts fuel on this fire and it is understandable. I have a gut feeling he wont be a Blue next year and it is a feeling i am not fond of let me tell you!! I hope i am wrong though.

Yes, Johnson out first quarter, White second IIRC, Yarran third.

The White one hurt a bit as it threw our defence right out and we had mid sized players playing on talls.

We ran out of legs in the last big time.

Well lets just hope Gibbs will sign the contract, I am not too worried as yet. I think he is just having a rough patch and maybe Ratts needs to free him up into the middle. But if it comes to round 15 and he still hasn't signed then I will start to worry.

Henderson looked fine.

Betts is in trouble IF there is someone that can come in.

I hate to say it cause he is one of my favourites, but Gibbs is concerning.

Juddy, for all his class, needs to hit a freakin target. If its under pressure I get it. So often he misses when he is free and past the would-be tackler.

Betts', Judd and Setanta misses cost us. With scores even, we would've run over the top of them.

That said, shouldn't be dropping anyone big over the next four weeks. All winnable, good time for these guys to find form.

We're going to have off days, and we see now they happen less often.

Hopefully this will sting a bit, invoke memories of losing last year's final and fire us up. It could do that if handled right by the coaching staff.

Settle down pal..
Even the best players have average games. Murphy has been bloody brilliant for a guy with a sh1t pre season.
Gibbs hasn't been on fire but dropping him is not the answer.
When the dust settles where still going alright and with a few winnable games coming up we can really set up our season.
No sides have flawless rises to the top. You need to turn in shockers in order to learn and develop.

Positive - hendo. Early looked like he was his same unconfident self but they started to stick. Got us back into it in the 3rd quarter. The more confidence he gets and the more confident the team gets in him the better. I have every bit of faith in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues v Hawks Venting thread - keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back