Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Roberts was part time and is now full time with a broader remit.

McPherson was just hopefully in the wrong place at the wrong time when North imploded. He certainly looks like he’s been through the ringer.

Tough little player McPherson.
Hopefully he has some of that to install into the player's.

But as others have said, not sure of his off field acumen.

Roberts was part time and is now full time with a broader remit.

McPherson was just hopefully in the wrong place at the wrong time when North imploded. He certainly looks like he’s been through the ringer.
Checks for links to essendon historically

Nope

Tick on mcpherson.

In fairness to McPherson, he was sacked from Norf cause Clarkson wanted Viney as a package deal and got it.
He was at Melbourne when they won the flag last year and took over at Norf in November 2021, so basically whilst already in full tank mode.

Cam Roberts was working part time with what we now know (due to external review) to be an under funded coaching and development department.

Who knows how good they are in those roles.

Siri, "Google Dan McPherson"

2ABD4EFE00000578-0-image-m-68_1437533623571.jpg

nice appointment - he looks ripped

I think McPherson might have links to Mahoney from Melbourne days — not sure if the dates overlap but they did both work there. If true, presumably they at least they know they work together well? And he’s had a similar role before so he’s qualified for it. And a football person/former player.

Don’t know anything else about him but that he appears to tick the boxes at least superficially.

Can’t see any issues with the Roberts appointment but ant555 or eth-dog might have some ideas about it.

I think it’s interesting that Roberts and Tudor are both being promoted. Implies that we have good people at the club who are capable of doing these roles but needed more support… perhaps ended up doing a lot of lower level work that needed to be done and couldn’t do the higher level stuff as a result? Covid etc
I don't have any strong feelings either way on them. Roberts had good results with Uni Blacks in the VAFA from memory.

Brent Stanton would want to start getting some wins on the board. Sacked from Carlton as an assistant coach, our VFL coach last year and we were putrid and now he’s our contested ball coach… plenty to develop there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm willing to forgive Stanton a bit because our VFL list was putrid for the most part and on top of that we were seriously KPP heavy all year.

15th in the VFL, with the only other AFL affiliated side below us being North.
We sucked. But yes, the list was/is average. He’s running out of runway for excuses though, has been Coaching since 2018 I think.

We sucked. But yes, the list was/is average. He’s running out of runway for excuses though, has been Coaching since 2018 I think.
Also beat the team that made the GF and had a combined losing margin of 5 to the premiers (who lost one game all year) and a prelim finalist in Gold Coast. Had some terrible losses of course (Box Hille and Sydney in particular springs to mind) but 8 wins whilst playing 8 of the top 9 isn't a bad result considering our list.

Brent Stanton would want to start getting some wins on the board. Sacked from Carlton as an assistant coach, our VFL coach last year and we were putrid and now he’s our contested ball coach… plenty to develop there!
Our VFL was bad when we had injuries. Once some players got back and a few of the new VFL players forced their way into the side they where not too bad. After the first VFL bye we had zero wins and looked very bad but they ended up winning 8 out of the last 11 games. They also had no AFL midfielders playing in the side. Not saying Stanton is great but he was sacked from the Blues when Voss came in with his own crew and he had half decent results in the back end of the year this season.

Head of Performance or GM of Performance?
Same role ;)

McPherson seems like a good appointment. One year at North before the Clarkson broom came through but was at Melbourne from 2014 to 2021 starting as an assistant coach.
Before that he was with Sydney in a few roles including their VFL coach in 2010. He has seen a lot during his time from the very good to the very bad so he should have a decent handle on things. Coming through the Swans culture as a player is a good thing.

As far as the development roles go I think there will be some more to come. The have filled the top two development roles (head of development / VFL coach ) from within so I think their is likely to be another to go with Hurley who has filled one of the minor roles.

edit - forgot about Cloke. So it appears that the minor roles will be filled by Hurley , Cloke and Stanton.

This was the North announcement when he was appointed.
Has a link with us going back a few years as well.

Wtf is going on. It sounds like we’ve just created 2 new roles for the sake of it. Roberts involved with our development which has been poor now elevated to head of development, and we get the bloke who just got sacked at north. Mahoney gets a mate a job who’ll be under his wing. This reeks

See above.
McPherson is a very good operator who was at Melbourne and Sydney for a long time. He was at North for one season and had zero time to do anything other than report to Rawlings how bad their system actually was.
Roberts started with us in Dec 2019 and has basically had to operate in a Covid bubble since he has been with us with limited resources. All reports are he is a good communicator and I have not heard anything bad about him coming from within. The issues with our recent development has been lack of actual staff forcing the number of hours spent with players being less.

Last edited:
Lol norf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back