Remove this Banner Ad

Crock

All Australian
Oct 22, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
G'day One and All

Attended Bob Harts BBQ session last Saturday evening with 7 other paying "guests"!
Weather wasn't kind, bit drizzly but the way he had it set up wasn't a problem.

Started off baking cheese (from memory with apricot jam and lavender topping) until it melted to become a dip with bread and had grilled scallops n the shells with some of his own sauce.

All 8 participants made short work of that lot, (in fact I even licked the scallops shells to make sure I didn't leave any of the sauce)

Next was buffalo wings! (when I find the appropriate ingredients for the glaze, my family will be getting these on a regular basis!)

Then did roasted corn with chipotle (sauce/paste?) and parmesan, wow! once again ingredients added to the shopping list!

Followed up by hot smoked salmon.
Won't say much except I don't think I've ever had better salmon than that!

Beer-butt chicken.
The breast was just so tender and moist.
Unfortunately, my BBQ and weber kettle are not big enough for this course so now looking for an extension to the weber to allow me to do this in future.

Then came racks of lamb, (roasted in a pit barrel cooker: google if you don't know). Anyway lamb was cooked to perfection.
May need to invest in one of these also in the future.
Suggest that this cooker is ideal for roasting and smoking large chunks of meat which are hung on hooks from the lid.

Two 500g to 600g ribeyes:
One cooked traditionally on the BBQ. preparation meant that it was beautifully tender and delicious.
Second one was initially cooked in the PBC and then seared on the bbq. Didn't think you could get better than the first one,..........but I was wrong!

Finished off with smoke-roasted plums with a bit of melted sugar and cream. Delicious

Through all of this, there was a choice wines that certainly complemented the food or beers!

Of all the courses we had, there was nothing left for the dog!

The down side.....most of the courses we had are in his two cook books (first one came free with the course) however unfortunately he acquired the PBC's after the books were published so they are not included.

As an event I'd give it 10/10
as a learning curve it was 11/10

Whilst on the expensive side ($440), certainly worth the money and it would be a great gift for someone who is hard to buy presents for.

Glad I did it!

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back