Bock Or Johncock?

Remove this Banner Ad

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really really really can't make up my mind... It has been bugging me for days, and i just can't decide! Any little piece of advice would be very much appreciated!

bock, imo, is a hack. just because he had an outing last week, does not make him a dreamteam gun.

post the rest of your backline and ill give ya my opinion?

P Burgoyne
H Shaw
L Gilbee
N Lovett-Murray (looking to trade for Johncock or Bock)
M Mattner
X Ellis
A Proud

Really really really can't make up my mind... It has been bugging me for days, and i just can't decide! Any little piece of advice would be very much appreciated!

seriously dude, i don't think they're good enough to bring in.

see if you can get the money for a S.Fisher or Milburn.

otherwise, you may as well go for a min wage Pfeiffer.

i just got stiffy johncock, i have faith in him. if things don't pan out so well he is undoubtedly going up this week his breakeven is like 30 so there is always the exit button.

seriously dude, i don't think they're good enough to bring in.

see if you can get the money for a S.Fisher or Milburn.

otherwise, you may as well go for a min wage Pfeiffer.

Disagree, if he's going to take the risk on the above, he might as well get a Thornton or Osbourne and get some money before they fade out. Bock did had the same brilliant start as last year and dropped off, and I'm not sure about Johncock.

dream team would be so much easier if it wasn't for all these people saying different things haha, i think big footy dream team is actually bad for your dream team, i think you should always go with your gut instinct, my gut instinct is johncock, and i went for him. hopefully it works out for me, it can't go too badly wrong, he is a pretty decent player.

dream team would be so much easier if it wasn't for all these people saying different things haha, i think big footy dream team is actually bad for your dream team, i think you should always go with your gut instinct, my gut instinct is johncock, and i went for him. hopefully it works out for me, it can't go too badly wrong, he is a pretty decent player.
well, we obviously all have different opinions; if we all thought the same, we'd all have the same team.

people are only worried about Bock fading out like last year - good early start = bandwagon = disappointed DTers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bock was played out of position a lot last year and was underdone from a serious back injury in 2006. He has had a good preseason and is a lot fitter and will likely be left at CHB where he plays his best footy. He will improve on last year's average of 69 but might not be consistent each week. I imagine he'll average 80-85.

Johncock was injured in round 2 last year and only scored 26. Upon retunrning it took him about 4 games to get match fitness thus he is currently undervalued. He will probably be more consistent and will likely average about 80.

Adelaide's 2008 gameplan involves the halfback line running forward and both players are often used when switching play which helps rack up uncontested marks and kicks.

Bocko has clearly been playing his best footy in defence. I had him last year at the start and watched with horror as his scores faded into oblivion.

Go the johncock - he is consistent and appears to have recovered from nasty leg injury of last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bock Or Johncock?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back