Bodyline on Fox Classics

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2007
Shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
Just thought I'd let everyone now the mini series Bodyline started on Fox Classics tonight and will continue tomorrow and christmas night.
I'm probably the last person to see this but after watching part one I recommend it to any cricket fan who hasn't seen it. A fantastic cricket film.

Yeah, I watched it last night as well. Haven't seen it for a long long time, and was very glad I was surfing through the channels just prior to it coming on. As you said, a wonderful cricket film.

I dare say its the only cricket film ever made , have there been others ??

Just thought I'd let everyone now the mini series Bodyline started on Fox Classics tonight and will continue tomorrow and christmas night.
I'm probably the last person to see this but after watching part one I recommend it to any cricket fan who hasn't seen it. A fantastic cricket film.

Na, I haven’t seen it either and like you watched it last night and I am really enjoying it so far. Have a Christmas thing on tonight so will have to IQ it.

I dare say its the only cricket film ever made , have there been others ??

Wondrous Oblivion

78m.jpg

I was just wondering how accurately they portrayed Jardine in the Bodyline mini-series? If it was accurate, what a bastard! :p

Almost every player had to step on egg-shells around him, and he treated most of his players like kids. It's almost a miracle that they won that series.

I was just wondering how accurately they portrayed Jardine in the Bodyline mini-series? If it was accurate, what a bastard! :p

Almost every player had to step on egg-shells around him, and he treated most of his players like kids. It's almost a miracle that they won that series.

From all reports, he really was an android special agent from the Matrix.

The story goes that there were two players in the squad who refused to participate in the "Bodyline" field placings or bowling. One was the fast bowler "Gubby" Allen, who was dropped after refusing to bowl the way Jardine wanted him to and the other was The Nawab Of Pataudi who simply ignored Jardine's instructions to take up a certain fielding position. He wasn't dropped; probably because he was less easily replaced than Allen !

From all reports, he really was an android special agent from the Matrix.
But apparently no coward ! In 1933 when the West Indies toured England and Martindale and Constantine handed the English team back some of their own (bodyline) medecine some of the English players complained about it (notably the top order batsmen) Jardine calmy promoted himself to open and did well ! He could dish it out, but apparently he was prepared to take it as well !

and he treated most of his players like kids. It's almost a miracle that they won that series.

That was the way it was - he was a private school/Oxford amateur.

The fast bowlers (except Allen) were lower class professionals. They didn't eat in the same dining rooms or use the same change rooms - and pros always addressed the amateurs as "Mr".

That was the way it was - he was a private school/Oxford amateur.

The fast bowlers (except Allen) were lower class professionals. They didn't eat in the same dining rooms or use the same change rooms - and pros always addressed the amateurs as "Mr".

Yeah, I was talking to my old man about it (who is English), and he pretty much said the same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bodyline on Fox Classics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back