CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Something is seriously wrong with Leigh Matthews as he constantly keeps putting Bolton on people that he can't handle, for example today he was put on Leowe and Riewoldt at different stages of the game.

I think LM has somewhat of a blind faith in Bolton, he seems to be getting allot more chances than the other guys in his boat and I haven't seen him play one very good game yet.

I think Bolton and Shattock need to be dropped.

He wasn't too bad today.

Was actually pretty good compared to his game against Collingwood.

I though Michael put in a great performance. So valuable to our backline.

i thought that Bolts was good.,..... if u guys saw what he ( & shatts) does in the ressies every other week.. you too would have this faith.. it isnt just faith... but is backed up by the stats....

i was rather annoyed when i read in the paper that bolts was one of our emerging defenders... LIKE HE IS NOT A DEFENDER,,, i hate how ppl bag him for being crap... but he is doing all that he can & if he was playing in his proper position then he would be fine....he isnt really getting that much game time... didnt play until the 2nd qtr but he did some very good stuff.. yeah he did punch alot of nick's marks...

i thought that shatts did some very good things.... both this week & last week......

i am very proud to see him going so well......

i would have screamed if ash had not got in the week after the break.... but i found out today that he too has the most dreaded thing around our club..... 5000000 points to who can guess it first... LOL....

HAMMO FOR SENIORS... he has done some very very good work in the ressies over the last month....

I agree with you Special Bruce. Bolton may play well at Ressie level, which is debatelable.But the transition to senior player is not good.When we have games that are pressure games, he is found wanting big time. He should be able to play on Reiwoldt, Reiwoldt is a kid. Bolton has been on the list for year. For some reason he is Matthews favourite, and is being given heaps of chances.Which is not fair for the other listed players. Why isn't Morro being given these opportunities.

Too true Campbell. Bolton and Shattock can't play at senior level when given the oppurtunities. Beats me why they dropped Copeland in the first place. He performs better than Shattock and McGrath should have been in instead of Bolton. I will be glad when White and Copeland are back. Notting will probably find it hard to get back into the team. Whilst Voss is out, I would bring in Cupido. Cupido can perform at senior level and can play midfield and up forward. Notting hasn't had a good game this year and needs to have a few games in the reserves before we bring him back into the team.

Originally posted by joshhem
Bolts was pretty good on Reiwolt.... spoiled a number of his marks. I personally think that he deserves the faith that leigh is giving him. And besides we do need to keep the young guns coming through if we want to be competitive not just now, but in the future.

That's just about your best post ever Joshhem! :) I agree entirely! :)

There is no way that Shattock should be dropped. He has done all that has been asked of him, and certainly, I believe he is now beginning to make the transition to senior level.

Shattock has always looked to have the endeavour, and attitude required to improve his game, and how he looks like he is getting it together. His skills have improved noteably this season, and he seems to be finding more space and time, when he has the ball.

I must admit to never being a big Bolton fan - he seems to be out of his depth when he makes it to the AFL. However I've seen him carve up teams in the QAFL, then if my ageing memory doesnt fail me - he had a bloody good game last year against Freo where he bagged ?? 4 goals.

I've watched him reasonably closely for a bit this year & reckon he's not confident playing in the ones. Looks like he's shiite scared of making mistakes, then when your consistently playing down back on an opposition gun player, maybe there is cause for lack of confidence.

I reckon he may benefit in being let off the rope a bit and be given a rotation through the middle/across half forward for a bit. Just tell him to go get the ball, limited accountability and all that. See how he handles that & hopefully a bit of a boost for his confidence. However if he can't make the jump - it'll be back to Canberra for him.

Cheers,

Fatty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Craig is good in a running forward role - please let him never play on Tarrant again ! He's pretty hefty and can kick the lines. I'd put him on a midfielder to hurt them going the other way .. or on a Wellman or a Clement ( the attacking half back ) to drag them out of the play because they won't pay him any respect.

He seems to have a problem outside of the Gabba.

I think Bolton, slowly but surely, has been getting better and growing in confidence.

I also agree that Leigh has a soft spot for Bolton and being Leigh, I doubt that he would favour someone without it being substantiated. He obviously sees something in Bolton.

It also amuses me on how people are quick to condemn and pass judgement on new players.

How else to they obtain experience?

I would say Voss and Akermanis were not world beaters 10 games in.

Let us cut the new boys a break, so when they are really needed when we have injuries or suspensions, they can come on the ground with a little confidence.

The future of any club is with the youth.

Go the new boys!!! Go the Lions!!

oh yeah SB......
no chance u moron... dont u listen to ANYTHING that ANYONE tells u........

let the guy just get back into the reserves & play a full game.....
i love him....

how about u let him take just one step at a time......

back training would be good, then a whole game in the reserves WE WILL TELL U WHEN IT HAPPENS..... DONT U WORRY ABOUT THAT
followed by a few more weeks & then i reckon that we could say that.....

round 16 at least i reckon.......

HAHAHAHAHAH RIPPER>..... YEAH OF COURSE.....

but u have to admit that

SENIOR SERGEANT LUKE HAMMOND

has been great

but yeah DYLAN too....

Originally posted by keatings_gal
oh yeah SB......
no chance u moron... dont u listen to ANYTHING that ANYONE tells u........

:rolleyes:

If SB is indeed a moron, it certainly isn't showing up with people like you around KG.

BTW - no-one listens to anything you go on about.

Fair go Stocka, it may have been a mistake to call SB a moron, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who awaited with interest KG's training reviews, preseason injuries updates, and reserves reviews.

It takes all sorts but SB is no moron, and lots do listen to KG.

Amid all the thrust and parry of debate,
I'm only just sticking up, for one of my BigFooty mates,
And despite my esteemed sarcasm and wit,
You all know, I'm just jaggin', well . . . just a bit :p

I defintely agree with what someone else was saying before; bolts position is not in the backline. & while heaps of people are saying that bolts has had an abudance of opportunites, i don't think that's the case. i don't think he should of been dropped after collingwood, tarrant only kicked 2 of his goals on bolts, the others were on leppitsch, so i don't really see how he could of got the blame for that one. and he played fine on the weekend, he gave reiwolt a bath. there's no use picking senior guys ahead of the younger guys just because they have experience. how do u think they got it in the first place? shattock & craig can't be dropped for next week; and they've got to be picked before cupido. he doesn't play as a team member, and no matter how much talent you have, if u only have eyes for one thing, its going to get you nowhere except a year in the reserves.

:D

I thought both Bolts & Shats did a creditable job in a pretty poor showing last week - they have to get experience somehow, and the only way to do that is play against the senior teams. No amount of practice, lectures or theory can replace the real thing.

Have to admit tho', I haven't seen many of the Reserves games this year, so can't comment on the form of Hammo, Bubba, etc. but both these fellahs have the talent - hope they get the opportunities they need in the Seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back