Bomber tells AFL to take their $30k fine and get stuffed

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, hypothetically let's assume Bomber's on $800k a year. I've got no idea what he's on but let's just say that. Fined $30k.

If you earnt $60k at your job, would you consider a $2.7k~ fine "light"?

What a load of garbage.

Bomber earns most of his money from property development, his wage would be piddly in comparison.

Couple of questions about this at the press conference after the match - clarified that he's got to the end of October to pay it according to the invoice but it seems he hasn't said he won't pay it and when asked if he won't pay it said "We'll see" or words to that effect - not 100% sure.

oh wow, another "leader" at essendon taking responsibility for their role in creating an unacceptable organisational environment where player health was compromised.

yeah woo, go bomber. this is behaviour we should be championing :thumbsdown:

the most disgusting thing about this whole ordeal is how essendon have handled themselves since the program was exposed. they've never accepted anything, never taken any sort of responsibility, never shown any sort of remorse. it's all been lies and finger pointing and misdirecting information. can't wait for this bizarre dreamworld they're living in to cave in.

oh wow, another "leader" at essendon taking responsibility for their role in creating an unacceptable organisational environment where player health was compromised.

yeah woo, go bomber. this is behaviour we should be championing :thumbsdown:

the most disgusting thing about this whole ordeal is how essendon have handled themselves since the program was exposed. they've never accepted anything, never taken any sort of responsibility, never shown any sort of remorse. it's all been lies and finger pointing and misdirecting information. can't wait for this bizarre dreamworld they're living in to cave in.

It's all pretty sad....now Essendon are actually under the belief that because an AFL doctor said that Essendon were doping players at some conference he lectured at that all of a sudden they have no case to answer and they'll get their draft picks back. It's so funny it's actually sad and disturbing.

Well well, a few red faces in here......

"Red faces" for what?
Has he paid his fine?
"I didn't say that – I don't have to pay the fine until the 31st of October, 2014, that's the invoice date – so I haven't refused to pay," Thompson said.

"(The report's) wrong."

Does he intend to?
Although insisting he had never refused to pay the fine, Thompson stopped short of confirming he would pay it.

"Well, I'll wait and see," he said.

Actually I feel Bomber is a bit hard done by. The only bloke who has to fork out money for a fine.
james albert gets a cool $million up front and a paid holiday and a 2 year contract extension. Bombers' got to do all the work and may be lighter in the pocket. I hope the essendon members chip in or the board gave him a hefty pay rise and will also cover his fine.
No wonder he has some imbecilic antics at press conferences, with his little s******s and finger pointing. Poor bloke is the one left to carry the can.

Last edited:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-over-supplements-scandal-20140706-zsxq7.html

"I do not have to pay the fine until the 31st of October, 2014; that is the invoice date so I haven’t refused to pay."

When asked again whether he would pay the fine by that date, Thompson said: "I will wait and see."
The afl financial year runs 1 nov to oct 31. Id like to see a copy of the invoice , the way bomber explained it is confusing( delibrate? )The fine was announced in August 2013 . If the invoice is dated 31oct 2014 than to foward date an invoice that far ahead is very unusual ( any accountants here can give their opinion). If the invoice says date due31 oct 2014. Thats different. I know this sounds semantics but this saga is based on defintions on banned, prohibited, digested( see paul little presidents speech last year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would leave one red face Dave. The serial idiot who started the thread on duff information and then rode it like it was a winner.

So no one else assumed he'd told them to bugger off and judged him by that? Interesting.

By which time I bet he won't be part of the AFL, and thus simply won't pay it.
Depends whether he wants to keep his media options open. I could be wrong but I believe most journalists are accredited by the AFL? I'm guessing not being accredited wouldn't stop you working in the media, but would restrict your access to certain things that might be important if you wanted to carve out a career - or even make a few bucks on the side.

Thats assuming of course that he'd be barred from any official (paid) club jobs until he paid the fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber tells AFL to take their $30k fine and get stuffed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back