Bomber the sook

Remove this Banner Ad

Redd

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2001
Arden St
Other Teams
Rooboys
Bomber Thompson has started sooking about the Roos tagging tactics last time they met.
He wants the umpires to get involved early this week and protect his side.

Reminds me of Worsfolds complaint after Freo belted them a few weeks back.
Sure as eggs you can now expect the umpires to over officiate and ruin what could be a good game.

What is it with sooky coaches?
If your teams good enough you don't need to prime the umpires.

Just more poor sportsmanship from Bomber and the cats. They must really be feeling the pressure at sleepy hollow. If Geelong don't win the cup this year half of geelong will top themselves.:thumbsdown:

Bomber Thompson has started sooking about the Roos tagging tactics last time they met.

Sure as eggs you can now expect the umpires to over officiate and ruin what could be a good game.

Just more poor sportsmanship from Bomber and the cats. They must really be feeling the pressure at sleepy hollow. If Geelong don't win the cup this year half of geelong will top themselves.:thumbsdown:

Fantastic by Bomber. Rapt to hear him use the media to pump up the game and place a few seeds of doubt into the opposition. The rest of the coach's do it week in week out.

Well this will be a good test for the umpires won't it ? Will they get sucked in to paying a free to Gazza Jr every time Rawlings looks at him ? Then ignore the same infringement going the other way ?

Or will they umpire the game on its merits ? And not pay a free or a 50 every time someone gets touched and takes a Lloyd-dive ?

That's the real question isn't it. Why do the umpires fall for it every time?

Well this will be a good test for the umpires won't it ? Will they get sucked in to paying a free to Gazza Jr every time Rawlings looks at him ? Then ignore the same infringement going the other way ?

Or will they umpire the game on its merits ? And not pay a free or a 50 every time someone gets touched and takes a Lloyd-dive ?

Good to see the North fans getting in with excuses before they lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well here's a suggestion for you and your team. Why don't you practice a bit of sportsmanship yourselves and try to win the game on merit this time, instead of trying to compensate for your ability-related inadequacies with constant scragging and squirrel-gripping like you did last time?

Not a good sign. Last time he did this was against Hawthorn in Round 4, and we all know what happened that day. However, I don't think he'll make the same mistakes this time and should easily account for the Roos.

Not a good sign. Last time he did this was against Hawthorn in Round 4, and we all know what happened that day. However, I don't think he'll make the same mistakes this time and should easily account for the Roos.

Ah, that old chestnut.

We thrashed the Dogs after losing to them in Round 1.
We convincingly beat North after losing to them in Round 5.

I wish we were playing the Hawks this week, but they weren't good enough to earn a shot at us. Disappointing.

Ah, that old chestnut.

We thrashed the Dogs after losing to them in Round 1.
We convincingly beat North after losing to them in Round 5.

I wish we were playing the Hawks this week, but they weren't good enough to earn a shot at us. Disappointing.

Who's talking about you playing Hawthorn? I was just pointing out that Bomber made the mistake of focussing too much on opposition tactics and took his eye off the ball. If you care to use your one eye to read further, I went on to say he wouldn't make the same mistake this time. I really wish people at least try to comprehend what people are writing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber the sook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back