Rumour Bombers after Sidebottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon's recuriting manager wanted to draft Sidebottom in 2008 but was overruled by Knights.

I am glad Knights took Hurley but Sidebottom has been fantastic, I think Frontbum is a Pie though now the rapport between him and Nick Maxwell seemed pretty strong. I wouldn't give up great friendships for any amount of money.

Well done Knighter :thumbsu:

Well the offer has been put forward however I seriously doubt that he would leave. He looks like a Collingwood player, and I dont ever remember a top 11 pick draftee maybe bar Thompson leaving after two seasons.

Having said that 330 odd k a year for three seasons is certainly over the odds for an unproven but highly talented young player.

If I were Collwingwood, I'd certainly be upping the current offer.

I personally think he will stay, but hey I said Essendon are all dead shits if we drafted Mark Williams and I wasnt wrong about that.

That could be the idea too try and make us also up Steele's Contract like we Suppopsly did with Ball in 06?

When was the last time a first round pick requested a trade after his initial 2yr contract expired?

These things just don't happen.

A post said Thompson but Forgot Which One

The only way players leave Collingwood is by getting booted out the door.

Laughable to think anyone would leave us to go to Essendon in this day and age. It'd be like dumping Jennifer Hawkins to start going out with that fat chick from the movie Precious.

Sidebottom won't be going anywhere. Essendon would be spewing also given they put Williams on a 3 year @ $400 K / Year. He can't even get a gig in their senior side.

Sidebottom won't be going anywhere. Essendon would be spewing also given they put Williams on a 3 year @ $400 K / Year. He can't even get a gig in their senior side.

Yeah Mark Williams there Gun Recruit playing for Bendigo

Amongst the other names mentioned were Boak and Dangerfield

I think that their best bet is chasing Boak as hard as possible. Good player, Victorian boy and would slot in well at bomber land

Dont think Steele would be leaving any time soon, god a spot in the best 22 of a top 4 club, why would you leave ? Im also pretty confident we can match whatever the bombers have to offer.

As a side note...forgive my ignorance, but is chasing more midfielders what the recruiting staff of essendon should really be focusing on ?
I think that one strength of the side is the midfield run backed up by the skill of Prismall and Watson...and the kids you guys have will only get better

Why not actually chase someone like Chris Knights as a medium forward to assist up forward.

As i said, it may be ignorance on my part but i dont think the midfield is essendons main concern at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could they possibly be doing it to try and push us on the edge of the salary cap? Just a thought. 1 million over 3 years is a bit steep for a 2nd year player don't you think.

they can try...3 de-listings minimum this year means a bit more room
Obree coming towards the end
Presti looks like hes being managed through the season, who knows if he'll play on
Lockyer seems to have lost his role at the moment
Leigh Brown, probably not at the end of this year but its chris bryant all over again it seems

Might be more room than we think come seasons end

thats the way im thinking about it in any case

To all those people saying they cant think of people leaving after 2 years it would be different now because of the amount of money they can now earn. Im not saying he will chase money just putting that out there as a reason.

Also yes we would hae to give up a fair bit but not as much as if he was contracted.

Dont see us getting him really. It will be like the GC, essendon just looking to fill there needs and try and do what we never have done and land a big name via the draft.

What does Ess have to give up for him?

Player of equal or greater value...Id think about hurley potentially Maybe pears...

overall i dont think theyd have what we'd want for him

Player of equal or greater value...Id think about hurley potentially Maybe pears...

Not too sure on that. I think you guys are a within striking distance of a premiership so may be after someone older/at peak. Maybe Welsh (who would play as a tagger and you were reportedly interested in last year) coupled with a draft pick could potentially be enough?

I would only take Hurley, and he's already signed sealed with the Dons. Deal will never happen in a million years, close thread.

Not too sure on that. I think you guys are a within striking distance of a premiership so may be after someone older/at peak. Maybe Welsh (who would play as a tagger and you were reportedly interested in last year) coupled with a draft pick could potentially be enough?

Oh Andrew Welsh? Yes please, sign me up!

Any chance you guise could throw in Laycock, we'd really come out on top that way.

P.s. derp

I'd rather Boak.

Sidebottom's good and would love him at the Bombers, but if it's true we've offered him a mil over 3 years, I'd be very disappointed. I don't think players currently on our list would appreciate that very much. Boak would be a more realistic target, but can't see that happening either.

Sidebottom won't leave the Pies anyway, he's kicking along very nicely and seems to enjoy being at Collingwood.

As a side note...forgive my ignorance, but is chasing more midfielders what the recruiting staff of essendon should really be focusing on ?
I think that one strength of the side is the midfield run backed up by the skill of Prismall and Watson...and the kids you guys have will only get better

Why not actually chase someone like Chris Knights as a medium forward to assist up forward.

As i said, it may be ignorance on my part but i dont think the midfield is essendons main concern at the moment

I would actually say our midfield is a weak point.

We don't currently have a classy player like Boak. Watson is the extractor, Prismall's skills aren't the greatest, Stanton gets a lot of it but is also let down by his foot skills, and Melksham will be that classy player we need but in the future. You can never have enough these players like Boak that are able to win their own ball and use it well.

Knights would also be a great addition to our team as we really only have Monfries to fill out that medium forward role, but Boak would be top of our list at the moment. We need to improve our skills and Boak would definetly bring improvement to this area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bombers after Sidebottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back