Bombers set to miss 2013 finals. (The Age, Caroline Wilson, 23/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mm, before jumping to any conclusions with that concrete title, it doesn't actually look like any more news has come out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Essendon as much as the next guy, but this might not even happen......
i think what ever Carlton got for cheating should be Applied to Essendon too, they should probably also miss the Finals this year.... not next year because that will just mess up everything players will be looking to leave if they are Extremely annoyed with what has happened.... it will make playing them next year a non even since the game has no meaning.... and i enjoy our games against them....

Lose Draft picks.... miss out on Finals this year.... Punish the people that were involved in it....

and for what its worth i understand that you are innocent until proven guilty but Im sick of james Hird pretending to be the victim in all of this.... the only victims are the players...

If this is true then the AFL destroyed us for something that wasn't half as bad as this, Essendon got a slap on the wrist for salary cap cheating and now it seems like they are getting a slap on the wrist for something far more serious and criminal in nature, this is a disgusting joke.

they havent done anything criminal...

personally, i dont think AOD-whatever seems like all that much of a performance enhancer. id say the punishments being discussed are about right, maybe a few draft picks should be lost as well.

Am I the only person who thinks the draft picks is irrelevant?
WADA will cripple them beyond belief that even if they do manage to get 10 1st round picks, they'll be irrelevant for the next 10 years anyway.

And only a 12 month suspension? pffft, maybe add a 0 to the end of that and I might accept it.

And out of finals? **** off, way to take the fun out of Port vs Carlton. Just made that game irrelevant. I hope you compensate Port accordingly as this will probably mean 5-10k less in their rd 23 match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers set to miss 2013 finals. (The Age, Caroline Wilson, 23/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back