Bombers were very average tonight - umpiring tho cannot be described...

Remove this Banner Ad

MR ESNDEN

Debutant
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Before every1 jumps on me NO IM NOT BLAMING THE UMPIRING FOR LOSING... Doggies were not fantastic - but more than good enough to put us away...

The level of AFL umpiring is deteriating in a dangerously fast speed. Tonights game was just a cherry on the cake. WHAT the hell is going on? We are talking about the premier competition in the country's sports map. The umpiring is not just bad - its disgusting!

There were terrible calls for and against both teams tonight. And what pisses me off is that they miss the blatanly blatant ones - but then they pick out things that are as technical as they can get...

This is coming from a person that does officiate another code - soccer... I understand that they are human and that mistakes happen... But here, i.e. AFL - we are talking about a terrible level of umpiring across the board. Week in week out there are incosistencies and just blatant calls not made - or on the other hand terrible decisions made for things that are simply not there...

I dont know what they have to do to fix this... But seriously when that w***er Adrian Anderson comes out and says the game is at the best its ever been and thats thanks to the umpires - well then i rest my case...

A disgruntled Essendon supporter...

PS: I will say it again im not saying umpiring cost us a win tonite or any other game... Plain simple AFL umpiring is CRAP!!!

We won mate and I said the same thing. Some shit in the Geelong v Pies was just WRONG. As you said they found the most technical shit (a geelong runner getting in the road of a geelong player and tripping him over) yet wouldnt call the most obvious free kicks!

You're both right.
Sometimes they seem very one-sided and biased.
Nearly always they are inconsistent and just plain not good enough.
Never ever are they made to be accountable for their stuff-ups.

We won mate and I said the same thing. Some shit in the Geelong v Pies was just WRONG. As you said they found the most technical shit (a geelong runner getting in the road of a geelong player and tripping him over) yet wouldnt call the most obvious free kicks!

I didn't think it was too bad yesterday. One obvious hands in the back was missed to Travis Cloke, but other than that from a Collingwood perspective, I thought it was O.K. The Geelong old farts around me whinged all day about players getting tackled high, but I've honestly never seen so many blokes duck their heads into tackles as Geelong did yesterday. Rightfully, the umpires were not paying them. I can't think of too many Geelong frees that I'd complain about too much.

There were probably a few either way that you could argue, but no more than any other game imo.

Essendon supporters are incredible.

They demand that umpires cheat to get them across the line.
They expect their players to be able to get away with blatant infractions.
The Essendon crowd are at their loudest when they feel that umpires aren't giving them an unfair advantage and winning games for them.

There can be no doubt that if it wasn't for the umpires Essendon would be competing with Melbourne and the Tigers for the spoon.

It is so typical that on a night that the umpires can't get the bombers acrosss the line (and believe me they tried, they were once again your best 3 players) you complain bitterly.

Surely the team and supporters with the least character in the comp.

Their captain automatically dives even when taking a mark, cant play up the ground (looks completely lost) and cannot share the ball. Perhaps look at this crap leadership before demanding unfair advantages from the umps (which you clearly got last night anyway).

Hey why not try to win a game off your own bat, just for something completely different, you pathetic lot.

Stop whinging about the umpiring. They are a problem but its up to the 22 players to perform. Stop depending on the umpring to win you games. I am sick of other teams complaining about umpring. I hear on the radio and do you hear us compain about the hands in the back rule?? So I love it its ok when Matty Richardson does it and its not ok when some bombers do it. If the umpires are making errors against your team, my response it to deal with it as they make mistakes also. Start worrying if your team is going to make the finals. Try supporting a team who has one and a half wins for 2007?

Worst call of the night surely had to be ordering Farren Ray to play on when he didn't even realise he'd been paid the mark.

However in Essendons defence we did get paid a few frees where even I thought it should've been play on,

Before every1 jumps on me NO IM NOT BLAMING THE UMPIRING FOR LOSING..

As soon as a thread starts with an opening line such as this, you know that the poster is going to bag the umpires....

BUT, BUT, it didnt cost us the game ...

Worst call of the night surely had to be ordering Farren Ray to play on when he didn't even realise he'd been paid the mark.

However in Essendons defence we did get paid a few frees where even I thought it should've been play on,

The dogs got a few free kicks early on, however it was quickly evened up. However the crowd (essendon) thought they were entitled to every free kick in the book throughout the game and got some too. Its funny how the crowd reacts to the umpires when their team is losing.

Essendon got their fair share of soft free kicks too.

Before every1 jumps on me NO IM NOT BLAMING THE UMPIRING FOR LOSING... Doggies were not fantastic - but more than good enough to put us away...

The level of AFL umpiring is deteriating in a dangerously fast speed. Tonights game was just a cherry on the cake. WHAT the hell is going on? We are talking about the premier competition in the country's sports map. The umpiring is not just bad - its disgusting!

There were terrible calls for and against both teams tonight. And what pisses me off is that they miss the blatanly blatant ones - but then they pick out things that are as technical as they can get...

This is coming from a person that does officiate another code - soccer... I understand that they are human and that mistakes happen... But here, i.e. AFL - we are talking about a terrible level of umpiring across the board. Week in week out there are incosistencies and just blatant calls not made - or on the other hand terrible decisions made for things that are simply not there...

I dont know what they have to do to fix this... But seriously when that w***er Adrian Anderson comes out and says the game is at the best its ever been and thats thanks to the umpires - well then i rest my case...

A disgruntled Essendon supporter...

PS: I will say it again im not saying umpiring cost us a win tonite or any other game... Plain simple AFL umpiring is CRAP!!!

At least you didn't use injuries as an excuse! So well done. :thumbsu:

I disagree, Farren Ray grabbed the 'mark' (which was a mark btw) and then moved to play on, then stopped when the umpire actually called play on, and looked at the ump like he wanted the mark. He moved first, which is why the umpire called play on. It wasnt like he took the mark, claimed it as a mark, was moving back to take the kick, and then got called to play on, he moved first.

And some of the worst decisions were the in the back ones, not the hands in the back in a marking contest, but the push in the back on the ground, just disgraceful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires board

I think they should make a Complaning about the umpires because your team lost board which could be a sub - board of the umpires board

One board couldn't handle the traffic. It is really annoying me these days that all some people want to do after losing is blame the umpires. However, what hope have you got when coaches, especially Sheedy and Malthouse, use every opportunity to imply the umpires cost them the game. Facts are that the umpires did their jobs one hell of a lot better than Essendon did last night.

One board couldn't handle the traffic. It is really annoying me these days that all some people want to do after losing is blame the umpires. However, what hope have you got when coaches, especially Sheedy and Malthouse, use every opportunity to imply the umpires cost them the game. Facts are that the umpires did their jobs one hell of a lot better than Essendon did last night.
We didn't blame them for the loss you fool, we lost the game plenty well on our own. Just because we lost does that mean we're forbidden from criticising the precious diddums that are the umpires? Seems to be the way it is around here.

I think Michael Voss summed it up when he said he was against the introduction of a fourth umpire because they all have different interpretations of the game. AFL is already the most over officiated game in the world. As supporters we can accept they are not going to get every decision right but they just need to be consistent. Not consistently bad!!!!!!

I disagree, Farren Ray grabbed the 'mark' (which was a mark btw) and then moved to play on, then stopped when the umpire actually called play on, and looked at the ump like he wanted the mark. He moved first, which is why the umpire called play on. It wasnt like he took the mark, claimed it as a mark, was moving back to take the kick, and then got called to play on, he moved first.

How many times are players told to play to the whistle? If you don't hear a whistle paying you the mark than you play on or get done for holding the ball, Farren did the right thing by playing to the whistle, unfortunatly the umpire didn't pay the mark quick enough.

Stop whinging about the umpiring. They are a problem but its up to the 22 players to perform. Stop depending on the umpring to win you games. I am sick of other teams complaining about umpring. I hear on the radio and do you hear us compain about the hands in the back rule?? So I love it its ok when Matty Richardson does it and its not ok when some bombers do it. If the umpires are making errors against your team, my response it to deal with it as they make mistakes also. Start worrying if your team is going to make the finals. Try supporting a team who has one and a half wins for 2007?

You are a true richmond supporter. DUMB!!!!

Who said that that I expect the umpires to get us across the line you ******? Did you read my post? The umpiring was terrible for the whole game and not in the doggies favour - disgusting calls both ways... I have never ever got out of my seat to boo an umpire - I ****n officiate too and id be a hypocrite if i get up and boo them when I hate people judging me when they think im wrong...

AFL umpiring is at a very poor standard... Not against Essendon you tool!!! ACROSS THE BOARD!!! Now if you are such a ****** and you cant understand that - well what can i say.

I love how the Richo decision keeps coming upo... If you know what this new bullshit rule states - then you would know that the free was there... But seriously why am i trying to convince a ******?

How many times are players told to play to the whistle? If you don't hear a whistle paying you the mark than you play on or get done for holding the ball, Farren did the right thing by playing to the whistle, unfortunatly the umpire didn't pay the mark quick enough.

Spot on. I was in that pocket on level 2 and it was clearly a mark. The umpire was in between me and Ray so I could see both. Ray looked at the umpire and the umpire didn't blow his whistle, so he moved off the mark. The umpire then called play on and the moment was lost. Poor umpiring on that occasion.

Mattdavies03 - You can't jump in a players back when he is lying on the ground. It has been a free kick Jesus was running around in the Red Sea Raiders Under 14 side. You can apparently now push a player out of a ruck contest with both hands ala Laycock, You can now take it out the ruck ala Laycock, get tackled and still get a kick away without the whistle blowing for holding the ball.

How about the Morris Jump on top of Lucas's head? lmao

Didn't touch his head. Slided in to his back, umpire said there was no force. It should have been a free kick, the way its being paid this year anyway. But there was no hands, and it wasn't high. The umpire was in a catch 22, he didn't do anything illegal, but the consensus is to pay those ones this year. touch and go, and the reason why the rule is shit.

I thought the umpires were poor but consistently poor last night and at the Geelong/Collingwood game. I have less of a problem if they are being consistent in their decisions. That being said I don't know why Adam McPhee wasn't penalised for that deliberate out of bounds. That was disgraceful.

The Essendon crowd are at their loudest when they feel that umpires aren't giving them an unfair advantage and winning games for them.

There can be no doubt that if it wasn't for the umpires Essendon would be competing with Melbourne and the Tigers for the spoon.

It is so typical that on a night that the umpires can't get the bombers acrosss the line (and believe me they tried, they were once again your best 3 players) you complain bitterly.

Their captain automatically dives even when taking a mark, cant play up the ground (looks completely lost) and cannot share the ball. Perhaps look at this crap leadership before demanding unfair advantages from the umps (which you clearly got last night anyway).

Hey why not try to win a game off your own bat, just for something completely different, you pathetic lot.

I think you still upset that Richmond lost due to Essendon for that shit Rule of Hands in the back, Which I believe is the most stupid rule ever. Truth of the matter Tigers should have won that game. Get over it it was weeks ago. The umpires were disgraceful last night especially number 1.

I was watching the game with my boyfriend & his parents who are both Collingwood supporters, They agreed umpires were shit during Essendon Bulldogs game.

If the umpires are helping us win how come they only let us win 3 games last year? You idiot. James Hird should be reimburssed for his payment & his time promoting the umpires

2 tiger fans calling us pathetic?
pot the kettle black aye:D

they werent great
the kick in the first qtr that went all of 5 metres, let alone the 15 required
the free against slattery for in the back when all he did was trip over a player who couldnt keep his feet
how mcphee wasnt pinged for delibrate-clearly the worst decision of the night
the free to hille for in the back..all i saw was hille over run the ball-soft
the no blowing of the whistle re farren rays mark
the softy against laycock in the centre square ruck contest, i still dont know what thats for, actually how bout every free paid for a ruck infingement, they are the softest frees going around
the free the dogs got against m johnson for in the back, you can see its there and id say fair enough, but it was no different to the 3 times it happened to monfries who went unrewarded for putting his body on the line

having said all that, essendon were awful, doggies had far too many runners and a forward that looked dangerous, thoroughly deserved their win

how about you win another game.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers were very average tonight - umpiring tho cannot be described...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back