Booing players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken probably doesn’t even really give a crap either and was just using it to have his back and at the same time fire him up.
I’d say he does give a crap. He was emotional in that presser, as there has been mention that JHF has suffered offfield, and questioned his passion for the game if it continues. So I’d say Ken cares a lot.

I don’t like booing, never have. Just a pack mentality of bullying someone on an industrial scale. The Goodes saga was awful. The Jack G saga also didn’t make sense. Shouldn’t be what our game is about

I’d say he does give a crap. He was emotional in that presser, as there has been mention that JHF has suffered offfield, and questioned his passion for the game if it continues. So I’d say Ken cares a lot.

I don’t like booing, never have. Just a pack mentality of bullying someone on an industrial scale. The Goodes saga was awful. The Jack G saga also didn’t make sense. Shouldn’t be what our game is about
It doesn't make sense mate I agree.
It will never be stopped though and happens in several sports.

I used to love standing on the hill at Vic Park. Not that much booing but the vitriol... Still a lot of it was clever and not simply a pack of rabid dogs jumping on a mindless bandwagon. It's not about whether whoever can handle it. It's about childish, mindless boring behaviour. Like music after goals. Next there will be kiss cam.

i've spent most of my adult days at the footy at subiaco or the new thing. I haven't enjoyed the joy of collective barracking. Hopefully, Pie supporters will continue the JHF tradition when we play port and they come on here and tell us about their experiences. I would think that we'd get a few posters who would discuss this unique method of supporting the pies...or maybe it's to support North...or something from their past. Slugger, for example, outlined a few reasons that I never even considered. I must admit the flog argument has always been a bit definitive...

well i think you're right about him caring. Obviously his coach does too. Could that be a reason to do it? I think most would agree that it's more satisfying to boo someone who really shows that they dont like it...

I was watching the game last night and I felt nothing about JHF but I really don't like jack higgins. In fact, it's an ongoing thing with me. I think he is a flog. I wish fans would boo him...I wonder if I could get something longterm with jack if I go to a game in melbourne...

Will be interesting to see if our supporters boo Papley next week.

Couldn't understand the booing of JHF when we played Port, he's done nothing to us.

I remember the first time Daisy played against us, that was the loudest booing I've ever heard & it had real passion behind it.

It doesn't make sense mate I agree.
It will never be stopped though and happens in several sports.
It can be stopped if the will is there FJ.

Shutdown access to any reporter/writer who incites it AND their media employer.

Those that want to boo can go watch boxing - or even better it's theatrical rival wrestling.

Those that want to boo can go watch boxing - or even better it's theatrical rival wrestling.

well if you shutdown rupert murdoch, there will be hardly any AFL reporting in Australia. News corp via Foxtel already obviously reports Rugby league ahead of AFL because of their ownership issues, among other things. Just type in foxsports and see all the rugby league. I dont think rupert needs to be encouraged to report AFL less....

If a player says he doesn't like its not going to stop.

They have to say they love it and it drives them to play better.
Nah TW it's not about whether players like it or not - well at least it's not for me.

For me it's about a few knuckle draggers who have managed to convince the Australian gutter media to protect them whilst they stir up lynch behaviour.

It's about the AFL failing to provide a safe and enjoyable workplace for their employees.

And most of all it's about not condoning thuggish behaviour and protecting those that use it from the consequences.

In actual fact - on the street this sort of behaviour attracts harassment - or if it's severe and prolonged enough assault charges.

Our game is part of the wider community and should reflect those values which that community upholds.

That's my take on it anyway.

Last edited:

But that will incite it, so you'll have to then shut down the AFL itself. That'd stop it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that will incite it, so you'll have to then shut down the AFL itself. That'd stop it
No it won't incite it - the media needs the AFL far more than the AFL needs the media.

Every media outlet that 'incites' gets banned - TOTALLY.

And the AFL isn't without resources itself in the media arena.

Remember Packer and the ACB?

It will work in reverse you know.

Will be interesting to see if our supporters boo Papley next week.

Couldn't understand the booing of JHF when we played Port, he's done nothing to us.

I remember the first time Daisy played against us, that was the loudest booing I've ever heard & it had real passion behind it.
At the start of last season people had the temerity to suggest that he might be better than Nick Daicos. I think that's what initially got our backs up. Then as last season unfolded people found more reasons to justify not liking him. So I can understand Colligwood supporters and Norf supporters booing him. But other supporters doing it seems a bit weird.

At the start of last season people had the temerity to suggest that he might be better than Nick Daicos. I think that's what initially got our backs up. Then as last season unfolded people found more reasons to justify not liking him. So I can understand Colligwood supporters and Norf supporters booing him. But other supporters doing it seems a bit weird.
No mystery about it really, it's all grist to the mill for a few knuckle dragging so called reporters who fashion their mock outrage for a gullible public and cash in on the extra $$$.

No mystery about it really, it's all grist to the mill for a few knuckle dragging so called reporters who fashion their mock outrage for a gullible public and cash in on the extra $$$.
I had more of a personal reason. My boss is a Norf supporter and prior to the start of last season he wouldn't shut up about JHF. So I took great delight in seeing Nick completely outshine him. But mark my words, if JHF continues to play like he did last night, Collingwood haters will be happy to breath life back into the debate.

I had more of a personal reason. My boss is a Norf supporter and prior to the start of last season he wouldn't shut up about JHF. So I took great delight in seeing Nick completely outshine him. But mark my words, if JHF continues to play like he did last night, Collingwood haters will be happy to breath life back into the debate.
Understood mate - it's not an issue for me, just as it wasn't an issue with Peter, Macca, Thommo and perhaps the most astonishing player I've ever seen poor John.

No it won't incite it - the media needs the AFL far more than the AFL needs the media.

I’m betting you would love to live in Russia or China…

No negative media there…
😏

Bingo! The booing started in the Collingwood game. But the reason Collingwood supporters booed him was because of the 'rivalry' between he and Daicos. I think other clubs then misinterpreted the reason for the boos and thought 'we'll get on board with this too'. Bottom line is that no other teams really care about his treatment of North, but are just following the mob.

I think booing is totally classless, and just one manifestation of lower class of disrespect from imbeciles. Other manifestations are things like call umpires 'scumps', 'cheats', booing umpires, yelling at our own players, etc. Even what that f***ing idiot Collingwood supporter did when he threw the ball away from that Essendon player from over the fence and then made that gesture. Absolute tool. Many on here are guilty of that same disrespect, and I am very certain that many on here do alot of booing themselves.

The media supply the wages for the players - where do you think that will come from, your pension?

Please, you all know why supporters Boo him. Don't act like you can't understand it..
Whether you like it or not is more the point, but don't say "i don't understand why...

1) He really wanted to be pick 1, and would have gone to play for Syria if that's what it would have taken.
2) He knew he would only stay there for 1 year, and then ask for a trade, in the middle of his contract, to be back to be close to his Mum (Worse than our little Ollie - At lease Ollie stayed until his contract ended).
3) He played less games than there are eggs in a carton, yet he though he knew better than a ruckman that played 300 games, and the rest of the senior players.
4) He though it would be great to argue with his team while he was playing matches, and also while walking off at the end of a game.
4) He though he knew better than the conditioning staff, and chose to ignore the procedures of rehab after games.
5)The kid is a flog. He is lucky he has skils in football, because i shudder to think where he would be without Footy.

And the reason the booing will continue is because the media keep pointing it out after games. Tell an aussie to stop doing something, and you know what the attitude is.. :F*%k them, they won't tell me what to do..

There isn’t one point in this comment that is correct.

Suffice to say I applaud a kid taking ownership of his own career and making the appropriate choices to get as much out of it as he can.

Leaving the Paupers was the correct call. As was Henry’s move. Where they were selected has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations for knowing a North supporter. I’ve never met one in person.

I'm not a booer. Watched Bucks cop it his whole career but I think if Ken H hadn't preached in his press conference and the media just left it alone it would've died off.People just don't like being told what to do it's just human nature

Seriously, how many football followers watch Hinkleys press conferences? Methinks you are overthinking the media power of the power.

Bingo! The booing started in the Collingwood game. But the reason Collingwood supporters booed him was because of the 'rivalry' between he and Daicos. I think other clubs then misinterpreted the reason for the boos and thought 'we'll get on board with this too'. Bottom line is that no other teams really care about his treatment of North, but are just following the mob.

I think booing is totally classless, and just one manifestation of lower class of disrespect from imbeciles. Other manifestations are things like call umpires 'scumps', 'cheats', booing umpires, yelling at our own players, etc. Even what that f***ing idiot Collingwood supporter did when he threw the ball away from that Essendon player from over the fence and then made that gesture. Absolute tool. Many on here are guilty of that same disrespect, and I am very certain that many on here do alot of booing themselves.

Nonsense. Those that booed JHF when we played them were doing so as a group mentality. A bit like all those people attending the women’s matches. Not sure why they are there. Just following the crowd. The kid is a gun and every bit different to Nick. I’m made a little differently, I love watching all the new kids and their debuts. What a great crop of exciting talent there is in the AFL ranks currently. From our own Nick, JHF, Ashcroft, Sheezel, Callaghan and the likes. And booing kids shouldn’t be in anyones play book. For any reason.

The seasoned guys, they are fair game. For many a reason. Daisy for his comments then leaving even though he was my favorite. Goodes because he was a sniper. Duckwood self explanatory. Judd just because he was too good the prick and his misses was a piece of work. Zorko a midget curmudgeon. The list goes on. Boo your little hearts out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back