Ausgard

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
How many of you would have boo'd Thompson on the weekend ?

Happy that the Hawks and Kangas get a win/win trade, especially since Thompson's time seemed to have been up at Glenferrie or is it just the Footy thing to do to boo players who have gone to another side?

Last line Ausgard, "just the footy thing to do" nails it.

Personally, I cheered him on (always will, love ya MONSTAA).

I saw a North game four/five years ago and Colbert copped similar from the Cats fans. Everitt (I feel like joining in) gets it with us from Saints etc.

Kinda pointless but that's the nature of the AFL supporting beast.

I didn't hear much booing yesterday... :confused:

Jade Rawlings cops it for obvious reasons, but I thought the reaction when Thommo was in possession was okay by normal standards.

It's actually great to see the big fella doing well - he was always one of my favourites at the Hawks. Hopefully he can keep up his form for a few seasons to give his career (and the Roos) the value his potential has promised.

I must admit, it's still a bit strange seeing him run around with a different coloured guernsey.

You're right about the win-win thus far though, Taz has stepped straight into AFL football knocking up 16 touches a game in his first season, whilst Little has a stack of potential, so i'm still very happy with the trade from our end.

Didn't pick anyone with ten, we 'traded up' to seven and got Lewis and Nixon with that pick. Matt Little was taken at 26, ankle injury at present and on the long term (elevated Young in his place) injury list.

In effect, all three played yesterday as a consequence/part of the Thompson trade.

Lewis will be a very good player the other two? The old 'potential' is there but it's a direction (some talented youth) we needed to go in. Had to give up something to make that happen (Thompson).

I remember booing Ross Glendinning the first time I saw him play against North. I felt bad about doing it and ever since I haven't done it. Not Carey at Adelaide, not Bell at Freo, not Pickett at Port. Players are just 'commodities' and some leave when it suits them, and others get told to leave when it suits the club. The only exception is Cameron Mooney at Geelong but not because he played for North - I just reckon he's an idiot.

You mean he was traded.

Lewis is a deadset gun, with your youth policy it was a very good trade, while Thommo has improved our structure out of sight, and given us a consistent marking target.

im happy with our picks!! future stars.

Nathan Thompson was our vice captain and decided to leave the club when it started getting tough.

Re: Different Strokes

Chichie said:
im happy with our picks!! future stars.

Nathan Thompson was our vice captain and decided to leave the club when it started getting tough.

Realistically, Thommo wasn't enjoying his footy. He was struggling with his illness that came as a complete surprise to most folk I reckon. I was pleased to see Lekkas return to play footy. (normally very damaging vs North).

Peter Bell left North after collecting a B&F. That was abit of a downer but I'm happy for him, I don't boo fav sons @ North, like Marstermind says, but there is always a flipside and I reckon things will work out for your draft picks.

Good Luck vs the Blue baggers. Hope you guys roll 'em & smoke 'em. :)

Hodge_is_God said:
I didn't hear much booing yesterday... :confused:

Jade Rawlings cops it for obvious reasons, but I thought the reaction when Thommo was in possession was okay by normal standards.

I was at the hawks vs dogs games and did not hear any hawks fans booing jade but there were a lot of dogs fans who were :D

i didn't but i hear some people did i didn't hear them from the cheersquad proberly cause i was to busy yelly support to my team and telling the umps to clean their glasses and telling the some kanga players what i thought of them i did tell thommo not to kick anymore goals and i think he kicked a point after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Booing Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back