Player Watch Boomer retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brent Harvey has just announced tonight at North Melbourne's Best & Fairest, the Syd Barker Medal that he will not be pulling on the jumper of another AFL club and will retire.

No matter how people view him, no one can deny the absolute legend he is and the legacy he will leave.

432 games, 518 goals, 5 B&F's, an EJ Whitten Medal and a premiership, to name a few.

Thank you Boomer. We love you :hearts:

Brent Harvey has just announced tonight at North Melbourne's Best & Fairest, the Syd Barker Medal that he will not be pulling on the jumper of another AFL club and will retire.

No matter how people view him, no one can deny the absolute legend he is and the legacy he will leave.

432 games, 518 goals, 5 B&F's, an EJ Whitten Medal and a premiership, to name a few.

Thank you Boomer. We love you :hearts:
Hated him when he played us, but loved watching him play other teams. Still stunned by NM's decision; footy will be a bit less without him in it. I wish him success in his future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player. Can't wait to see his boys put on the Doggies Guernsey.
Have a listen to his speech, then. Three of his family have played for North Melbourne so far and he hopes he isn't the last.

Champion of our club and the game. He had a right to play on, but glad he goes out with class.

Its a shame north had to retire him. I wonder where he finishes in their medal count.

Im pritty stoked to say that I have watched this bloke play live. I will be telling my grandkids that. That is if i get that far.

A genuine great. Say what you want, but we saw a bloke who broke what'll be an unbreakable games record – with most of them being pretty good to BOG outputs. He went out as he should have – a one club player, and that is how it will look on the records and in our memories.

Onya Boomer. A bit of a sad moment. Is that the last of the players who debuted in the 1990s gone?

Have a listen to his speech, then. Three of his family have played for North Melbourne so far and he hopes he isn't the last.

Champion of our club and the game. He had a right to play on, but glad he goes out with class.
Not as players, they'll be yours in that regard- but rather, as supporters. It's great knowing the wages North were paying Boomer last year will be spent on Doggies Memberships and Merchandise. Money well spent.

For that alone, all is forgiven. Well done on the great career Boomer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Boomer retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back