Opinion Bottom 4 and top 4 teams in 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that nobody seems to be rating WC at all

Their are only a handful of our best players who will have moved on in this time frame
kerr, embley, cox, glass and a few depth players lynch a selwood and nicoski

All who have ready replacements, so I see us being a top 4 side in 3 years definitely

Interesting that nobody seems to be rating WC at all

Their are only a handful of our best players who will have moved on in this time frame
kerr, embley, cox, glass and a few depth players lynch a selwood and nicoski

All who have ready replacements, so I see us being a top 4 side in 3 years definitely

Last year when those guys weren't playing... look what happened.

You have some nice talent developing though, but I think in three years your depth won't be great. You'll be a top 8 team IMO.

You'll be a top 6 team until the older brigade retire/loose effectiveness. Then have a couple of years topping up your list while still being competitive before become a real threat maybe 6 years from now.

Last year when those guys weren't playing... look what happened.

You have some nice talent developing though, but I think in three years your depth won't be great. You'll be a top 8 team IMO.

You'll be a top 6 team until the older brigade retire/loose effectiveness. Then have a couple of years topping up your list while still being competitive before become a real threat maybe 6 years from now.

They werent the players we missed last year
the only players out of that who were out for periods last year were kerr, glass and cox, kerr has been out this year whilst cox and glass coming fit have been a big boost i agree

It was more our young to mid age players who took a hit last year e.g. shuey ash smith butler etc

is surprised at all the people who think port will be bottom 4 in three years time. the only reason were doing so bad this year is because were trying to build a team that can win a premiership in three years. we will be up their along with w.c,carl and coll.​

yeah you can
coll last in 99 to grand finalist in 02 and 03
port 14th in 00 to minor premiers in 02,03,04
st 15th in 01 and 02 to 6points from a gf in 04
hawks 14th in 05 to premiers in 08
coll 15th in 05 to 6points from a gf in 07
so it can be done

just because your team is still trying to rebuild after the sacking of norm smith 50 years ago doesnt mean anyone else cant rebuild in 3 years

??

Rebuilding a list isn't based on a ladder position, with the lowest being the starting point of a rebuild.

It's a state of the list and a generated turnover of a list.

is surprised at all the people who think port will be bottom 4 in three years time. the only reason were doing so bad this year is because were trying to build a team that can win a premiership in three years. we will be up their along with w.c,carl and coll.​
You won't have a hope in hell.

top 4 in NPO

Carlton
Hawks
WCE
Dees

bottom 4 in NPO

GWS
Swans
Doggies
Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why people are writing off Geelong? Every young kid who has come into that side this year has been great. In 3 years time I dont think they'll be contenders but certainly still perennial finalists. And Collingwood will still be a dominant side, who would have retired from their current best 22 in 3 years time?

Not sure why people are writing off Geelong? Every young kid who has come into that side this year has been great. In 3 years time I dont think they'll be contenders but certainly still perennial finalists. And Collingwood will still be a dominant side, who would have retired from their current best 22 in 3 years time?

I think its just, that with players like Scarlett, Mooney, Ottens, Podsiadly, Chapman approaching retirement, along with a lot of other core players, it will be a big ask to stay competative. Not saying it wont happen, it depends on the club's approach as much as anything. I'm also sceptical about those who say Sydney will bottom out.

I'm also sceptical about those who say Sydney will bottom out.
Sydney have been going to bottom out for the last 5 years according to the media and bigfooty. And anyone that has North Melbourne and/or West Coast in their predicted bottom 4 in 3 years time knows nothing about football.

As for us, I have faith in our academy and I'm yet to see anything to alter that opinion.

That's of little significance when we have actually played against each other.

But nice try.

I guess your right, but I don't think you can be proven better until you beat us when we're fielding a side where less than 15 players aren't coming off injuries or have them and we're missing a 3-time all Australian, a mundy and so forth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Bottom 4 and top 4 teams in 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back