Bouman??

Remove this Banner Ad

RoyBoyTurnedDog

Team Captain
May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can any Willi watchers out there give me an idea of how Bouman went this year? He seemed to hold down a key spot in the 1's from what I can gather. Is he realistically looking like a senior player in the future? What are his strengths and weaknesses?
Cheers!:thumbsu:

His biggest problem is doesn't go hard enough at the ball and seems to hang back to take a running leap to punch the ball. He looks athletic but he plays like Cam Wight.

His biggest problem is doesn't go hard enough at the ball and seems to hang back to take a running leap to punch the ball. He looks athletic but he plays like Cam Wight.

I'd agree with this. He's very much like Everitt in that he has a stack of potential he just needs to lift his intensity a whole lot.

Can any Willi watchers out there give me an idea of how Bouman went this year? He seemed to hold down a key spot in the 1's from what I can gather. Is he realistically looking like a senior player in the future? What are his strengths and weaknesses?
Cheers!:thumbsu:

Didn't make a lot of progress this year which is a shame. He has been on the list for 3 years so you would hope a few things go right for him next season.

I think his aim should regarded by the club as one of the hardest workers over the pre-season if he is to convince the selectors they should be playing him.

He hasn't developed as quickly as we would have liked. Has undoubted ability but appears to lack intensity. I get the impression he might be a better player playing with the bulldogs rather than Williamstown.

Remind you of anyone?

I have a feeling he is out of contract at the end of this season too. I remember late last season we signed a stack of our young players on two years deals, but one young player on a one year deal. The club kept it inhouse who the one year deal player was. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Boumann.

Interesting to see if they keep him on our list. I had really high hopes for him when the club first drafted him, and thought that with his fellow Dandenong Stingray recruit Grant, they would help form part of our spine for the next ten years. It is really a shame that he hasn't developed as expected. Hopefully we will still retain him on our list.

I have a feeling he is out of contract at the end of this season too. I remember late last season we signed a stack of our young players on two years deals, but one young player on a one year deal. The club kept it inhouse who the one year deal player was. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Boumann.

Interesting to see if they keep him on our list. I had really high hopes for him when the club first drafted him, and thought that with his fellow Dandenong Stingray recruit Grant, they would help form part of our spine for the next ten years. It is really a shame that he hasn't developed as expected. Hopefully we will still retain him on our list.

Although he has the physical build that might excite everyone at draft time his playing record in the VFL is unimpressive to date (apart perhaps from a 7 goal effort in Willi 2s a couple of years ago). The fact that he has finished another season in Willi 2s is not going to excite too many recruiters from other AFL clubs so I think the WB footy department has all the bargaining chips on Boumann. Either he stays on WB terms (whatever they might be) or he's delisted. The only value he might be in a draft trade is as a free-set-of-steak-knives type sweetener in a larger deal.

If he's not going to step up he's just a list clogger. So can we get him to step up? That's the challenge for the footy dept to figure out.

(And yes, Always Right, he's not the only one! More on that anon.)

I think he's got all the physical attributes to be a very good AFL player. But I think (I don't know anything) he's had a some off field issues and his attitude is what might be holding him back? Because otherwise I'm not sure what's not quite right with him. Maybe he's just one of those guys who's not really wanting to do what it takes at this level...I don't know. I know I wasn't.

One thing we need to address in the coming draft and probably in next years is young key defenders. This kid is good enough, already at the club we just need to get him up and about. I don't think we would want to lose him at this stage of his development and without knowing what happens internally at the club, I think we should be very reluctant to delist or trade him.

Pre season get Rocket to handcuff him to either a Cross,Boyd or Morris and that may get him up to the afl level of hardness and fitness.He is just a lazy footballer delist him and invite him to pre season, and see if the penny drops.

I watched Willy on Saturday and I think he actually stood out ....... stood out as the most hopeless player on the ground. Seriously he is as soft as butter and when things got tight he went missing big time. There were Willy supporters near us screaming please don`t kick it anywhere near him.

He'll stay on the list for sure. We have a very high turnover on the playing list at the end of this year as is, so he'll be safe.

Im not convinced he's that soft, however I think he's just a very passive footballer, in that he doesnt read the game that well nor have the animal instincts to really inject himself into the game and take it on. He seems to do quite well in 1 on 1 contests and is OK when he gets the pill (although he can float his kicks rather than spear them) so he's not at all without potential.

I think we need to keep him for the post 99 draft era when Shaggy, Gilbs etc make a move. I also agree that he's probably the kind of player that would be sparked into a more intense performance at AFL level than at VFL level. He'd be better off with good players around him and I could see him holdiing his own defensively off a half back flank in the AFL, so worth another 12 months IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Willy on Saturday and I think he actually stood out ....... stood out as the most hopeless player on the ground. Seriously he is as soft as butter and when things got tight he went missing big time. There were Willy supporters near us screaming please don`t kick it anywhere near him.

He certainly had a shocker. Thought he played alright until they moved him of Fisher. 2nd half was woeful. just looked lost. wasnt on his own. the midfield got smashed and put the backline under enourmous pressure. had a preety solid year i thought and unlucky not to debut mid year.keep him imo

He certainly had a shocker. Thought he played alright until they moved him of Fisher. 2nd half was woeful. just looked lost. wasnt on his own. the midfield got smashed and put the backline under enourmous pressure. had a preety solid year i thought and unlucky not to debut mid year.keep him imo

Yeh your right bigfella, he certainly wasn`t on his own but gee I thought he looked like a fish out of water in the second half, and uninterested. I only saw
one or two other Willy games and he didn`t impress me one bit.

Yeh your right bigfella, he certainly wasn`t on his own but gee I thought he looked like a fish out of water in the second half, and uninterested. I only saw
one or two other Willy games and he didn`t impress me one bit.

His body language is often poor when things aren't going well for him.
Has the ability but I think he needs to convince people he really wants to become a regular AFL footballer.
He showed some real promise last season but just hasn't gone on with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bouman??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back