Bowling injury (finger).

Remove this Banner Ad

Dewyyyyy

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So this is just something I thought I would ask.

Last season and in my first net session yesterday. Both bowling a lot and even generally, I get blisters on my bowling finger (my left middle finger). These are small little pockets of like a clear blister. If I stop bowling they go away, if I don’t then they pop, and the skin tears off leaving the raw stuff underneath.

I had it really bad last year, late in the year my finger looked entirely red raw with tiny chunks missing purely from bowling through it, it’s entirely painful. The whole thing would be constantly bleeding and my entire leg would be covered in blood as I would wipe it and hold it to try stop it.

I’m not sure what to do, I have heard Starc dealt with it and Moeen Ali as a spinner.

IMG_1036.jpeg

Tape/bandaid doesn’t work as it often isn’t allowed and even then it makes it hard to handle the ball.

Would it be worth trying to go to a doctor? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and is a good discussion point nonetheless.

Nobody has ever said this before, but BigCricket could be useful to you.

See this thread (and be sure to check out advice from Daphne Benaud on page 2):

Nobody has ever said this before, but BigCricket could be useful to you.

See this thread (and be sure to check out advice from Daphne Benaud on page 2):
Awesome but I’m a fast bowler, presume it may be similar tho. Not sure why I experience it more than others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowling injury (finger).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back