Brad Hodge must wonder why he can't......

Remove this Banner Ad

eddiesmith said:
Fact is Hodge is the most in form batsman in Australia over the last 2 years and yet every time a spot opens up they find some bull******** reason to keep him out for less talented players
True, but Hodge has made an artform out of failing when the selectors are looking hardest at him - has been doing it for years. He's hardly made a cracker playing for Australia A in the last 3-4 years. Failed twice in Perth last week once again when he needed a big score to press his claims. Doesn't do himself any favours. A big score against Tassie would do him no harm at all in his quest to get in the test side at the expense of Katich.

Drop katich...supurb form at domestic level for many years and started his test career well, but now needs to go back to nsw and make a few more runs to get himself going again. Replace katich with hodge. Leave clarke and watson and see how they go for the remainder of the series and if they still haven't produced it may be time for a spell back at nsw and qld.

T-Clo said:
Drop katich...supurb form at domestic level for many years and started his test career well, but now needs to go back to nsw and make a few more runs to get himself going again. Replace katich with hodge. Leave clarke and watson and see how they go for the remainder of the series and if they still haven't produced it may be time for a spell back at nsw and qld.
have to agree, katich would b the one who should go, a player who plays for himself and not the team, very arrogant yet still gets a game against a good all-round cricketer in hodge, not only is his batting class, but his fielding is awesome allong with a few handy offies. get him in!

Sedat! said:
True, but Hodge has made an artform out of failing when the selectors are looking hardest at him - has been doing it for years. He's hardly made a cracker playing for Australia A in the last 3-4 years. Failed twice in Perth last week once again when he needed a big score to press his claims. Doesn't do himself any favours. A big score against Tassie would do him no harm at all in his quest to get in the test side at the expense of Katich.

Yeah but I didnt expect anything from him last week, I mean he has a poor record on the WACA and he is a slow starter, especially when he has been sitting on his ass watching instead of playing for the last 6 months. Due to 12th man duties I dont think Hodgey has batted in the last 5 months except for the County tour match

Brad Hodge
Australia

Player profile
Full name Bradley John Hodge
Born December 29, 1974, Sandringham, Victoria
Current age 30 years 310 days
Major teams Australia, Durham, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Victoria
Nickname Hodgey
Playing role Higher middle order batsman
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak
Height 1.78 m

;)

he don't wonder, he knows.

eddiesmith said:
Yeah but I didnt expect anything from him last week, I mean he has a poor record on the WACA and he is a slow starter, especially when he has been sitting on his ass watching instead of playing for the last 6 months. Due to 12th man duties I dont think Hodgey has batted in the last 5 months except for the County tour match
You can come up with a million reasons when hodge fails, but if anyone else fails it's all just bullsh1t excuses.

Anyway, if Hodge has been out for so long and you didn't even expect him to do well, maybe we should leave him to get back into form in domestic cricket before rushing him into the test team? :)

GoOsH1 said:
You can come up with a million reasons when hodge fails, but if anyone else fails it's all just bullsh1t excuses.

Anyway, if Hodge has been out for so long and you didn't even expect him to do well, maybe we should leave him to get back into form in domestic cricket before rushing him into the test team? :)

Thats why deep down I am glad he didnt play this match ;)

It is getting very frustrating when the guy has been the best batsmen outside the team for a couple of years but never ends up playing. Seriously Katich shouldn't be playing now. There's something wrong when Warne, Lee and Bracken are easily outscoring our middle order batsmen.

mushda said:
It is getting very frustrating when the guy has been the best batsmen outside the team for a couple of years but never ends up playing. Seriously Katich shouldn't be playing now. There's something wrong when Warne, Lee and Bracken are easily outscoring our middle order batsmen.
and something seriously wrong when clarke and katich are outbowling Lee and bracken...

mushda said:
I agree. I feel for Hodge, he couldn't be any worse than slow-mo Katich.

Bracken surprised me with the bat.....and did ok with the bowl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Hodge must wonder why he can't......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back