Bradshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a fan of Bradshaw but wonder if he could be quite valuable trade bait. (Roostersgal, you've responded to this idea already on the Drafts and Trades board (and seemingly accused me of insanity in the process?) but I thought it was a more appropriate thread here).

I judge players up for trade like this: If I think they would be worth more to another club than they are to us, then a trade should be considered. For example, we have 5 or 6 ruckmen. Other sides are lucky to have 1 or 2. Therefore, our ruckmen have greater value elsewhere - a trade is likely to be in our favour.

Now to turn to Bradshaw. He is a very good player. He would be a fansastic full forward for a club with a quality midfield but no real forward option. Great for a side who is looking to "take the next step". But at a club like Brisbane, where we have 1 dominant forward and another up and coming forward, his value to us may not be as great as his value to other clubs. Therefore, a trade should be at least considered.

Before I get shot down in flames, I am certainly not saying that Bradshaw lacks value but I just think he wold be more valuable to a club that doesn't have J. Brown patrolling the forward half.

I think the lions should keep Bradshaw the moment, because we do not know what is happening with Lappa's back. If he doesn't play we look very short down back.

im sorry for calling u insane - that was over the top....

but i think since we dont know if leppa or brownys injuries are gonna heal properly (fingers crossed they will) id think that we would be 'insane' to let a KPP go when we are looking for and needing another one.

truce :p

roostersgal4eva said:
im sorry for calling u insane - that was over the top....
I'll call him insane for you. POBT I'm reading your post over and over and what I'm getting from is that we should trade him away because he'd be worth more to a team with a quality midfield? What exactly are we going to trade him away for?

You're right in saying that we've got Brown patrolling the forward line, but he's just one player. It's better to have as many good players up front as you can so when the ball gets there the opposition can't focus their attention on one dominant player. By keeping Bradshaw around it's keeping a more open forward line whilst giving the soon the be 2nd year rookies quality targets.

I'll beg to differ with you all but at least now I know where my opinion stands. I'll just say that I'm not necessarily alone on this opinion (at least among other footy followers I know) but appear to be alone on this forum. BTW, no offence taken Roostersgal. Tezmyster, thank you for your opinion on my state of mental health. I look forward to receiving your invoice in the post.

Bradshaw is one the required players in Brisbane. His versatiltity is an asset we can get rid off as he can give Leppa a break at CHB and also kicks bags of goals in the forward line. If he goes, most of the scoring falls on the shoulders of Brown but he can only be at one place at a time.

Who is gonna petrol CHF, he will but Merret is too young to be holding down FF all himself, he should have a mentor like Bradshaw to keep him company, just like Bradshaw was to Lynch.

lions would be crazy to trade him. Leppa and mal both have injury clouds and bradshaw could posibly be our number 1 defender next year along with Drummond. You dont trade one of your most flexible players. Bradshaw will be there for sure.

POBT said:
Tezmyster, thank you for your opinion on my state of mental health. I look forward to receiving your invoice in the post.
No probs, I'm going to assume you didn't bother to actually read my post so I'll ask you my question again. Who would you trade him for?

Tezmyster said:
No probs, I'm going to assume you didn't bother to actually read my post so I'll ask you my question again. Who would you trade him for?

Firstly, I would only do the deal if Brisbane were adequately compensated. Obviously, he would not be traded because he is a liability. To me, subject to negotiation, 1 top 10 pick and 1 top 20 pick may be feasible. That would give the club 3 picks in the top 20. Regardless of the depth of the draft this year, that is a positive step for the future.

Dogs might not want to do a deal like that. Fine. I'd be more than happy to keep him if the Lions weren't happy with what the Dogs offered.

I am not criticising the player. I am merely pointing out that a trade should be considered just as my position on Luke Power was "if we keep him, great - if we lose him, let's get value for him." The same principle applies.

I also acknowledge his structural importance to the side. But I stand by my opinion that he is an "icing on the cake" type player rather than a key cog in the machine. Therefore, I think he is expendable at the right price .

Look, I won't argue the point anymore. I am more than in the minority on this one :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POBT said:
Look, I won't argue the point anymore. I am more than in the minority on this one :)
Wasn't trying to argue, just wanted to clarify because you're right in that if there was a good deal offered it might be worth taking. But if it's only for draft picks there a gamble themselves so right now it's probably best to hang on to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back