Brainteaser...

Remove this Banner Ad

colin

Team Captain
Oct 20, 2001
Dublin, Ireland
Other Teams
Kangaroos!
Can anyone name 11 foreign Premiership managers past or present?

Note: Does not inclcude Scottish, Irish or Welsh managers.

Someone asked me this last night and I'm stumped. I have 8 so far, but the last few are pretty difficult. It's a lot harder than it sounds!

Cheers

Originally posted by Shinboners
What's the bet that the last one is an assistant manager who filled in for one game when the real manager was away for some reason?

I was thinking the same thing, or a manager who was put in as a temp when a club got promoted/relegated and did one game.

windyhill,
They have to be Premiership managers. I think that rules out Venglos (c.1990/91?).

I think you're going to be right about it being a caretaker manager, I'll let you know when I find out.

Cheers for your help anyway, I'll leave it another couple of days, as bigfooty usually provides all the answers to these type of questions.

Hey Colin, do we get the answer to the brainteaser?

In the meantime, here's another one:

Who are the five players to have scored for five different clubs in the Premiership?
that include own goals? :) A few keepers have contributed to the scoresheets of their opponents.

I know that Roland Nilsson took over from Gordon Strachan but I think that was after they'd been relegated.

Clubs that might have put a player in charge for a few games after sacking the manager are people like-Sheff Wed,Barnsley,Bradford,Derby.

Bit of work to find this one, but Atillio Lombardo was in charge of Palace for a couple of weeks in early '98.

Does this still leave one to go. :confused:

Moomba

[edit]oops, have just seen Dippers post. Beat me to it. ;)

Dipper, I think Brolin worked as Lombardo's interpreter, but wasn't classified as a manager[/edit]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would Collymore go? Les Ferdinand is another guess without a heap of confidence. Carlton Palmer (he did play for everyone) and Paul Kitson would have given it a fair shake as well.

I've got my doubts over Ince. I think he was already at United when the Premier League started (when football started according to most United supporters ;)) Liverpool and Boro would only make it three.

Moomba

Pretty sure Mark Hughes is one. Manchester United, Chelsea, Southampton, Everton, and Blackburn Rovers.

I initially thought Hughes as well, but I don't think he scored a goal for Blackburn.

I'm certain Collymore is one moomba.

I am also thinking Benito Carbone?

I think I am going crazy, but has he played for 'Boro?

If so, Wednesday, 'Boro, Villa, Bradford, Derby. Pretty sure he scored for all 5.

Originally posted by red+black
that include own goals? :) A few keepers have contributed to the scoresheets of their opponents.

I was having a think about that. Dion Dublin has scored goals for Manchester United, Coventry City, and Aston Villa. But he's also spent time playing as a central defender....I wonder if he's conceded any own goals?

Originally posted by DIPPER
Didn't Crystal Palace put Attillo Lombardo & Tomas Brolin in charge for a few games the season they got relegated?

Dipper ya legend! That's the missing two.

Thanks for your help guys. Here's the 11:

Houllier, Wenger, Tigana, Ranieri, Vialli, Gullit, Olsen, Ardiles, Gross.....Lombardo and Brolin:cool:

Originally posted by colin
Dipper ya legend! That's the missing two.

Thanks for your help guys. Here's the 11:

Houllier, Wenger, Tigana, Ranieri, Vialli, Gullit, Olsen, Ardiles, Gross.....Lombardo and Brolin:cool:

As much as I love to take the applause of my fans are you sure that they count as 2, were they joint managers or was Brolin his assistant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brainteaser...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back