Unrestricted Free Agent Brandan Parfitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of curiosity
North have LDU , Sheezel , Wardlaw , Simpkin , Powell in their midfield and probably another 3-4 kids that will step up next year. How does Parfitt get a game at north when he cant get a game in a struggling Cats midfield
Yeah North don't need him. Wherever any other holes in their list are, it's not the midfield.

Out of curiosity
North have LDU , Sheezel , Wardlaw , Simpkin , Powell in their midfield and probably another 3-4 kids that will step up next year. How does Parfitt get a game at north when he cant get a game in a struggling Cats midfield

He doesn't have to play permanent inside mid and he doesn't have to be a walk up best 22 to be useful to North. He's spent most of his career as a pressure forward. And it allows you to not flog Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, etc too hard before their bodies are ready.

You would think Shiels, Phillips and Greenwood won't be there next year so that's a number of games they need to fill.

If he comes in on a cheap 2-year deal for no draft capital, contributes to the club's culture, plays 10-20 games and is a leader at VFL level for their kids the rest of the time that's more useful than taking an extra teenager at pick 70.

He doesn't have to play permanent inside mid and he doesn't have to be a walk up best 22 to be useful to North. He's spent most of his career as a pressure forward. And it allows you to not flog Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, etc too hard before their bodies are ready.

You would think Shiels, Phillips and Greenwood won't be there next year so that's a number of games they need to fill.

If he comes in on a cheap 2-year deal for no draft capital, contributes to the club's culture, plays 10-20 games and is a leader at VFL level for their kids the rest of the time that's more useful than taking an extra teenager at pick 70.
Out of Geelong & North
He has more chance of playing another 100 games at Geelong in the next 6-7 years
he will be chewed out and spat out of north in 2 years time

Out of Geelong & North
He has more chance of playing another 100 games at Geelong in the next 6-7 years

Barring a miracle he's not playing another 100 games anywhere. I agree he should only be a 2 year stopgap for North but in terms of experience and culture that's a useful stopgap even if he doesn't play many games.

Out of Geelong & North

Geelongs midfield is decimated and we are playing kids like clark ahead of him.
Parf is done at geelong.

How tight is he with Tim Kelly?

TK might like another Geelong mate if Jamaine Jones gets delisted.

No one would have paid for him in a trade. Now hes FA only someone will take him.
I'd be happy for the crows to offer him a chance. Our midfield is still very much in the build phase and who knows, maybe a change of scene does he get his early career promise back? for a back ended pick or as a DFA, I'd take the chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or as a DFA he gets to go second time round :handok:

But in all seriousness, who knows and do you think he will end up being delisted or they are more likely to try and contract him again?

he will get a deal somewhere, jermaine jones and nakia cocatoo got got a chance somewhere else and I think parfitt is better.

But in all seriousness, who knows and do you think he will end up being delisted or they are more likely to try and contract him again?

I imagine Geelong would offer him a one year deal rather than delist, he's borderline AFL standard. But if another club was interested I think Geelong would do whatever helped him to get there in the easiest way.

They were in contract tasks earlier in the year, they might have already put an offer to him so may not be a DFA.

Academic though as he'd be UFA

Brandan Parfitt & Jack Graham are in the exact same position

like a 39 year old lady looking for a husband with only married men in their town

I actually think Collingwood would be his best bet. They are going to bleed a lot of experienced players without enough draft picks to replace them. Collingwood pick him up for free as handy depth and he can come in when they have injuries and play on the defensive side and let Daicos, De Goey etc free wheel. His big problem at Geelong is that we have a heap of defensive mids in Blitz, Atkins, Bowes, O'Connor who can do the defensive role but have the flexibility to also play elsewhere which Parfitt doesn't have.

His big issue for a while has been Atkins + him are competing for the exact same spot in which only 1 player can really play (otherwise you just too slow). Id be picking Atkins 100% of the time too.

Parfitt is a niche player who is a role player. If that role isnt available he wont play
Parfitt is better then atkins. Better tackler and better offensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Brandan Parfitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back