pupsta

Senior List
Jun 4, 2007
Berwick
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gembrook, thornton/eildon
g'day im a old mate of the big man chambo from sturt. can anyone give me any updates on how hes travellin this year.

has had an awsum year! big strong unit that leads and presents well, can take an awsum grab and can kick a goal from anywhere, a very talented player. Has inproved his fitness base and is now very good at putting pressure on the backmen when they are trying to run it out, always plays in front. Only thing going against him is his height. Sturt will miss him if he is drafted. I would say that he is a better investment than nick gill!!! is on about 78 goals this year so far, not sure if he will make 100, is suffering from some neck/back soreness but will play this week! PICK HIM UP NEIL! :thumbsu:

Chambo has been sensational this year, has 76 goals with 5 rounds remaining and hopefully at least 2 finals
he may struggle to get to the ton by the end of the minor round as there are 5 tough games to come
as has been mentioned he works extremely hard off the ball as well to keep the ball inside the 50 and chases very hard
good lead, good hands and a good kick

and is only three short of kicking 400 goals for the Double Blues, only 6 others have done it

Has kicked the second most goals in any state league in Australia this year (behind Brad Smith in the WAFL who has something ridiculous like 90 so far with Subi).

When Chambers is having a day out, he's unstoppable. Kicked nine goals and took eight or something contested marks against South last month. He'd have to be well within Adelaide's drafting prospects.

Remonds me of a Medhurst. Good state based player but not sure his position in the SANFL is one he would play in the AFL

Highly unlikely, due to age only, of being drafted. Saying that I would not bat an eyelid if he was chosen after pick 57

Remonds me of a Medhurst. Good state based player but not sure his position in the SANFL is one he would play in the AFL

Highly unlikely, due to age only, of being drafted. Saying that I would not bat an eyelid if he was chosen after pick 57

Ummm Medhurst kicked 50 goals one season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another 7 to Chambers last night brings his tally to 95. You'd have to think an AFL contract will be coming his way in 2008, and Chambers should become the first century goalkicker in the SANFL since Scott Hodges in 1996.

Only other Sturt players to top the ton have been "Bo" Morton, Ken Whelan, Rick Davies, and Ian Willmott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brant Chambers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back