Recommitted Brayden Fiorini [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just about to say that he should hang on since he'll be the Swallow replacement very soon.....then I realised David Swallow is only 29!

Ralphy suggesting Fiorini on the table. Contracted for another season on decent money. Stuck in the ressies and out of favour.

24yo inside mid. Can’t really play any other roles. Big possession winner though when played in his preferred role.

Possibly another Brodie like salary dump coming up.
Could be a backup option for clubs who miss out on Jacob Hopper.

Unlike Brodie, I don't think the club would mind holding Fiorini for 1 more year, good quality depth to have, but for his development, he probably needs to move on. Can get absolute bucket loads of the ball but doesn't really have a weapon to use.

His larger wage luckily comes off the books in 2024 when Anderson/Rowell would be seeing pay bumps.

We have a few handy players knocking about in the 2's that the club probably wouldn't object to finding new homes, Fiorini, Sexton, Corbett, Burgess, all could find their way to other clubs and contribute.

You'd think North would be all over him, not sure he makes the starting midfield at any other team right now.

Phillips coming off a lost year of glandular, JHF only a 2nd year player, Greenwood isn't a star, Cunnington is TBC, Taryn Thomas doesn't seem to care about being any good at football.

Leaves Simpkin and LDU in the middle, definitely a spot alongside them up for grabs for a guy who's more than capable of racking them up at AFL level.

Fiorini and Tarryn Thomas swap.
Picks to NM.

From Ralphy:

“The Suns are open to retaining Brayden Fiorini despite a backended 2023 contract of nearly $600,000 but he is sure to have rival interest as an inside mid”.

…and he is running around in the reserves 🤦‍♂️

From Ralphy:

“The Suns are open to retaining Brayden Fiorini despite a backended 2023 contract of nearly $600,000 but he is sure to have rival interest as an inside mid”.

…and he is running around in the reserves 🤦‍♂️

Another will brodie trade incoming.

Another will brodie trade incoming.
Probably. People seem to forget that some contracts were deferred/back ended 2 years ago due to covid salary cap cut. Some clubs used salary cut across the whole list instead.

Would people feel better if Fiorini average salary was 400-450K? Not sure.

A much better option for us as mid depth than Paddy Dow who everybody seems to be suggesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever gets him will get a free hit. Probably a 3rd rounder and we will pay 50%. I reckon there will be a few takers
giphy.gif

Could be a clever pick up for someone like Essendon that need that type of player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to another club and go up a level, a bit like Lyons or Brodie. Maybe I'm just biased as I've always rated him fairly highly though.
If he could go somewhere and play inside mid then yes I would agree. Just don’t need so many inside mids

Straight swap for Heppell yes please
Suns offer the 4 year money over 2 to get us band 2.
We take fiorini off their books
Suns renegotiate heppells extension in 2024 :p

We have inside mids. We need more defensive types.
Been a while since ive seen fiorini but it never struck me as a strong suit.

He is a salary dump. Will be a Brodie type deal
Difference between the 2 is that the club seems to be happy to keep him, and he only has 1 more year left on big money, so he really isn't impeding our ability to re-sign the likes of Anderson or Rowell and if Rankine does leave, that is even less stress on the cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back