Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

North player had the ball in his hand, (so arms free) and his elbow hit the ground.
Not sure how they process warnings, maybe a fine for the action/potential to cause injury ?
Reid’s 2 week ban came to mind on game day, but based on what you’ve said the difference is the player’s head didn’t hit the ground.

What time would MRO findings be? I hope he's cleared but there is some stigma around our Bruz now. Everyone non-Collingwood is seeing this as the same as Harley Reid and are sure he'll get two weeks.

its not the same as Reid's at all, the saints players head slammed the ground. Think Maynard will get 1 week for the sling action
No head on the ground takes the high element out of the classification and reduces it to body.

Reid was graded as careless, high impact, high contact

So, the question for Maynard will be impact, high impact he gets 1 week, low/medium impact a fine. From memory Reid was upgraded from medium to high impact on the potential to cause injury, possibly medium for Maynard, but the nm medical report will play a part.

Wonder how much Morris would have written about the bloke if he wasn't friends with Bruz

If he's the brother of a Bulldogs player then surely that's the headline? Or maybe it just doesn't get the same amount of hits.

If he's the brother of a Bulldogs player then surely that's the headline? Or maybe it just doesn't get the same amount of hits.
No controversy or interest in Charlie Clarke, so the story will be Maynard - as if he somehow is responsible

How did that bloke not get kicked out of the ground? Was still around and able to get photo taken with Maynard post-game? Bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guessing that photo was taken later in the evening? Doesn't look like the rooms. Pretty sure there isn't a bar serving drinks in glasses there?

No it doesn’t look like the rooms, and in fairness he did say in his post-match interview that he was looking forward to a beer afterwards… I guess I wrongly assumed it was one of the bars within the ground after he’d cleaned himself up a bit.

502b59e038d7bee3325d9eefce043c6e.png

Dangerous umpiring. Potential to cause injury. 3 weeks.

No it doesn’t look like the rooms, and in fairness he did say in his post-match interview that he was looking forward to a beer afterwards… I guess I wrongly assumed it was one of the bars within the ground after he’d cleaned himself up a bit.
Regardless, the dickhead deserves a big fat fine. Can't be having random idiots wandering onto the oval. No matter who he is mates with, that is the act of a dickhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back