Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As others have said needs to get his fitness up, to game time 80/85 minuets, if can this young man will be the best mid at our club.

Look out comp when he builds more fitness. Consistently had around 15 disposals at half time of our finals only to finish with 20ish.

He Did some really Nice things in the GF and Looks to have a Bright Future and could come more of a Weapon with being Fitter

He needs to get fitter, we are carrying him atm. As good as he could be, at his current fitness level he is not best 22 with a full list to choose from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First two years were hampered by injuries. If he gets a clean run at it this pre season i have no doubt his fitness will improve. Both he and the club will be aware of his fitness levels and that they need to improve and im sure they will.

Can just tell he will be a gun for years to come.

A bit of Swan 2006 about Sier this year except in reverse. In '06 Swan would increase game time late and influence games in the second half.

A bit of Swan 2006 about Sier this year except in reverse. In '06 Swan would increase game time late and influence games in the second half.

Swan was in his fourth season in 2006 and was 2 years older than Sier is now. Its a very encouraging comparison if your assessment is correct.

Sier definitely needs to work on his tank. No doubt his corkie has slowed him down a bit.

Swan was in his fourth season in 2006 and was 2 years older than Sier is now. Its a very encouraging comparison if your assessment is correct.

Sier definitely needs to work on his tank. No doubt his corkie has slowed him down a bit.
Stats won't back it up (Swan averaged 23 touches in 21 games) instead it's just a vibe I had being at games in both years. Swan seemed to turn games late in '06. Sier faded and was missed in the second half of matches this season.

Look out comp when he builds more fitness. Consistently had around 15 disposals at half time of our finals only to finish with 20ish.

In something like 55% game time. Some of his work is just sublime.

I think this is definitely a Hine special. He has always rated players differently to the norm. From memory I think he had Elliot in top 10 of that years draft the year we traded for him under the GWS rules (as a steak knives deal for Krak). He barely was on anyones radar as he had taken a different path.

From the limited views on Sier the standout is his size. The kid is an absolute beast at 17. It seems he has been a late bloomer from a junior footy point of view - deemed chubby and unable to break into his schools best 22. The last player I recall like this was Nat Fyfe - struggled as a junior.

I think this is the main reason for his anonymity as it is hard to break back into the scene once judgement calls have been made at an earlier age. The kid who got drafted 4th Oliver was way off radar until late this year when he started kicking ass for the Bushrangers. The reason he was playing for the Bushies is that he couldnt get a game or spot on the Bendigo Pioneers list. If he had not have travelled to the Bushies he may have been missed all together. He was another one deemed as a bit too big & unwieldly at junior level. From memory Jobe Watson also got this tag. But those sort of big bodied mids are now a real important ingredient in any midfield but it does take them some time to develop.

Hine seemed very keen to pull the trigger on Sier as soon as it was our pick which tells me he was high on his ratings. He seemed almost as eager as when he called Beams name out. I dare say there were some recruiters in the room suddenly thinking what have we missed here.

Feeling good about this assessment 3 years ago now. Has taken some time but this finals series has seen him bloom and he is going to be a key player in the future. The best part is he is still so young as is Maynard. Those two are going to be some powerful footballers very soon. Those doubting Hine's picks of late need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Cannot complain with his first dozen or so games.
Another pre-season to get fitter and more explosive from a contest will take his game to another level.

His potential is through the roof.

Tall
Big Body
Pendles like awareness
Good disposal by both hand and foot
Decent pace - not fast, but not slow either. Fast enough to make him formidable
Clearance machine in and under

If he can get a clean run at it injury wise and get a proper 100% full pre-season into him with some time at the gym thrown in, he'll be an AA smoky next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back