Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with having a beer either but if you're still making your way to forge a career in the game, i agree not a good look to be flautning it on social media every second pic.
Swanny could get away with it for example because he had put the runs on the board.
Hopefully it all clicks for us and Sier.
He has the talent.

I rate Sier a lot, but the fact is that he'll amount to not much at all if he doesn't stop hitching rides with bikies to the soundtrack of gunfire, starting brawls, and pissing in public. Next thing you know we'll be seeing pics of him hoisting beers on social media, and his journey upon the highway to hell will be complete.

Or he'll be fine.

I rate Sier a lot, but the fact is that he'll amount to not much at all if he doesn't stop hitching rides with bikies to the soundtrack of gunfire, starting brawls, and pissing in public. Next thing you know we'll be seeing pics of him hoisting beers on social media, and his journey upon the highway to hell will be complete.

Or he'll be fine.
I think you forgot playing online poke till 6am on match day.

He’ll be fine.
He’ll collect possessions, use the ball well, be strong all in VFL games.
Return to the main side.
He’ll be fine.

Or he'll be fine.

He's just young, he'll grow up more and by the time he's 25 he will have a better head on his shoulders. I was all about beers and chicks at that age too, I think most of us probably were and a lot of Collingwood players are the same, they are just human. Hopefully he gets a good mrs and settles down and focuses 100% on footy.

His attitude seems to have changed since his Mrs and him broke up.

Must be hard for him because he’s been dating her since they were 15-16.

He must be living down in Melbourne by himself now, since the breakup.

Poor Bear. He’s my favourite player. He needs to come back with a change of attitude.

His attitude seems to have changed since his Mrs and him broke up.

Must be hard for him because he’s been dating her since they were 15-16.

He must be living down in Melbourne by himself now, since the breakup.

Poor Bear. He’s my favourite player. He needs to come back with a change of attitude.

I don't think saying it "must be hard for him" is correct. Everything is probably coming to him far too easily at the moment, which is probably the problem if there is one.

Nothing wrong with the kid spending time on social media, but being an afl footballer and having every 2nd pic of yourself on your profile with a beer in your hand isnt the greatest idea
Nail on the head Tazz. Anyone noticed since he hasn’t been selected the social media beers have disappeared? It’s no coincidence imo.

Bears opinion on everyone criticising his attitude

40ab972b31d39f177d2d65062204397d_400x400.jpeg

Seems a lot of speculatuion around what may just be a normal development path but if the speculation is accurate then I hope the club is form.

If there are concerns about his attiutude then he has to be kept out of the side. At his age and career status that would have to be pulled into line and if it isn't done now it will cost him career wise and by extension the club. If he is being left out because of attitude and he doen't turn it around then he's not an AFL footballer. Talent is only part of he equation.

I don't mind players letting their hair down and I by and large don;'t care how they spend their own time but if you aren't perfoming then something has to give. swan could do what he did and still be the best player in the best side in the comp (we were for a time). Sier is just a kid with talent. At this stage of Swan's career he was on the verge of being dumped.

If Brayden has an attitude problem then based on the professionalism required at AFL level would be soiled goods to any other club with minimal currency for a trade. Pies Website for players in the mix for WCE has no mention of Brayden indicating the bear may still be in hibernation.

Nearly every club would back in their programs to turn around any attitude issues meaning he'd still have very good currency.

I'm glad you said "nearly every club" because imagine if he was at St Kilda!

Even the Saints would back their programs. Whether they're able to deliver on that though.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we might be frustrated by the lack of information on Sier, and jumping at shadows. The club is not obliged to update us on minor goings on, and it could just be a form slump, coming off a niggle or two, and some tough love from the coaches.

Its round 2, we have plenty of time to get this sorted. And if we keep playing well and winning, I expect Sier will be busting a gut to get back into the side.

I think we might be frustrated by the lack of information on Sier, and jumping at shadows. The club is not obliged to update us on minor goings on, and it could just be a form slump, coming off a niggle or two, and some tough love from the coaches.

Its round 2, we have plenty of time to get this sorted. And if we keep playing well and winning, I expect Sier will be busting a gut to get back into the side.
Probably the fairest summation.

Good work Vicky.

The Age's podcast had listener question about Sier.

Jake Niall reckons he will definitely attract interest from other clubs but his attitude has not been great.

So pretty much what we expected I guess.

So he gone back to what he was 2 years ago?

We most likely Trade Him IF True

Nail on the head Tazz. Anyone noticed since he hasn’t been selected the social media beers have disappeared? It’s no coincidence imo.

Well Hopefully he got the Message Then

So he gone back to what he was 2 years ago?

We most likely Trade Him IF True

Dave you misinterpreted what was said.

He will come good he just might need a few more weeks.

I still blame Saintly Viewed :p

Yep, the latter two ie minor niggle and coaches still wanting him to expand his game.

It is going to be a tough gig getting a game for us...especially if Mayne keeps his form up! Need to fit Adams back in the middle too.

Coaches will end up rewarding the players who are performing the role asked of them, and improving their weaknesses as much as anything.

The 🐻 is still a kid in footy terms, has played less AFL games than Cal Brown...need to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back