Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long-time fan of the Bear or, more correctly, a long-time fan of what the Bear could have become. But I feel his window of opportunity at Collingwood has now closed.

I just can't see him establishing himself in our midfield ahead of a rotating group comprising the likes of Pendles, Adams, Crisp, DeGoey, Sidebottom, J Daicos, N Daicos, Macrae, Poulter, Bianco, McInnes, Elliott, WHE and Thomas. Even the Brown brothers probably get selected ahead of him, despite their large skill deficiencies.

Sadly, its time to try his luck at a new Club. (Most likely in the VFL)

Had plenty of time and plenty of opportunities since showing great promise in 2018. Injuries and intangibles, (attitude, fitness, resilience?) He has just not been able to go on with it, and whilst I suspect he will probably get picked up by someone, I doubt he will turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farewell Bear - you had your (all too brief) time in the sun back in 2018, shame you couldn't find that bit of luck and motivation (in equal measure) to kick on from there but it is what it is now.

Wish you good fortune in whatever you decide to do next mate, regardless of whatever else has transpired since never forget that you made it into the AFL team against the odds as a non-elite pathway draftee and showed you were capable of having a real impact at the highest level, which is a lot more than the vast majority of players who get drafted can honestly say.

Last edited:
Amazing to look at the 2018 GF side and where they are now, how quickly it’s changed

Sier
Langdon
Goldsack
Thomas
*Cox
Varcoe
Mayne
Stephenson
Treloar
Phillips

Probably missing one or two

+ Aish