Break out years and all Australians from the Tigers for 2010? Predictions please?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
Please list 5 players we are most likely to see come along in leaps and bounds under Hardwick and 3 prodictions for all Australian at seasons end.

1. Luke McGuane - I think he will be bigger stronger and more disciiplined and will thrive having a tuff backman as coach. I think he will become a premier backman in the competition. I still would love to see him play centre half forward but Moore , Rance , Thursty and co will really need to have their games on for this to happen.
2. Brett Deledio - He will become so consistant it is going to be great. He will start busting a nut for entire games and won't be a puss wwhen tagged. Can't wait for us to play the bulldogs and see round 3 between him and Pickin
3. Shane Edwards - If Hardwick can teach this bloke to go with his first option he will be avery handy player indeed.
4. Dean Polo - Hardwick will love Deans courage and will give him more responsibility this year
5. Jack Reiwoldt - The yips will be gone , he will be used better and he will not be allowed to fade out of games.
6. Nathan Foley - He is really going to enjoy some more space this year as his team mates won't be able to stand around like soft ***** and watch him at the bottom of packs as Wallace let them do last year. Foley will shine as the team does the little things right.

All Australians from Tigers

1. Brett Deledio
2. Luke Mcgaune
3. Axel Foley

1. Shane edwards - Given to many instructions by wallace, if hardwick just lets this kid play he could be anything love the way he takes the game on.
2 - dean polo - play the kid in the guts not in the back pocket, he is a midfielder and a good extractor, something we lack atm.
3- will thursfield - said for the first time in his career he is going to beef up, thank god. elite stopper before his knee i think he'll get back to that.
4- trent cotchin - given he has a full pre season, this kid will explode onto the afl scene no doubt.
5- daniel connors - hopefully hardwick can straighten this kid out, because he is tough, footy smart and has immense talent, could be our stevie johnson with an added mean streak.

Potential all australians
1- brett deledio
2- richard tambling
3- nathan foley

1. Shane edwards - Given to many instructions by wallace, if hardwick just lets this kid play he could be anything love the way he takes the game on.
2 - dean polo - play the kid in the guts not in the back pocket, he is a midfielder and a good extractor, something we lack atm.
3- will thursfield - said for the first time in his career he is going to beef up, thank god. elite stopper before his knee i think he'll get back to that.
4- trent cotchin - given he has a full pre season, this kid will explode onto the afl scene no doubt.
5- daniel connors - hopefully hardwick can straighten this kid out, because he is tough, footy smart and has immense talent, could be our stevie johnson with an added mean streak.

Potential all australians
1- brett deledio
2- richard tambling
3- nathan foley

I think Cotchin and a pre season equals total brilliance as well. I'd love to see Connors have a massive pre season , be fully fit and given plenty of game time in the centre and the forward line. I watched our 2008 round 20 win over the Hawks the other night and 2 things stuck out in that game. One was Connors was in everything that was brilliant and the other was Polo was so brave and johnny on the spot in various big plays. He really doesn't stop and will improve with more experience. Its just a pity he isn't on a 100 games like Deledio and Tambling. Wallace put Polo behind 2 years I reckon.

Great picks Rado

1. Trent Cotchin- will have a big season when he has a full pre season and will have a bit more help in the middle.
2. Gus Graham- hopefully he will take another step next year and get rid of some of his faults he will be a handy player.
3. Matthew White- Hardwick will use his pace for something not sure were he will be played.
4. Chris Newman- we will perform better next year and wont have so much presure on him.
5. Nathan Foley- Just got a feeling he's in for a big year.

all australians
1- Deledio
2- Foley
3- richo

1. Cotchin
2. Graham
3. Farmer
4. Post
5. Vickery

Potential AA: None. Sorry but we wont win enough games or have players who standout that much that they will be considered.

I think Cotchin and a pre season equals total brilliance as well. I'd love to see Connors have a massive pre season , be fully fit and given plenty of game time in the centre and the forward line. I watched our 2008 round 20 win over the Hawks the other night and 2 things stuck out in that game. One was Connors was in everything that was brilliant and the other was Polo was so brave and johnny on the spot in various big plays. He really doesn't stop and will improve with more experience. Its just a pity he isn't on a 100 games like Deledio and Tambling. Wallace put Polo behind 2 years I reckon.

Great picks Rado

thanks mate. its a shame wallace has put so many of our players behind the 8 ball in terms of development

Is more than 5.;)

Breakouts:
1. Dan Connors - Hardwick's tough love is exactly what this undoubted talent needs.
2. Trent Cotchin - we've seen it, we know he's got it, but fully fit this kid will wow us every week. I will couch this with the feeling that Cotch might struggle with his legs for another year or two, but that's not something I want to think about in October.
3. Andy Collins - should become a best-22 player. The type we need a few more of.
4. Richard Tambling - had a breakout 2/3 of a season this year. Now that he knows how to do it, expect him to go on with it.
5. Dustin Martin - will have an immediate impact.

AA contenders:
1. Brett Deledio - good signs to end the year encourage thoughts we might be about to see the best of Lids.
2. Richo - won't play unless he's fit, and if he is will still be a dominant force.
3. Cuz - another golden oldie who will be better for this year's run and a full pre-season. Turning 32 mid-season won't mean a thing with the fire in this belly. (Besides, I had to name 3 and I can't see anyone else getting close.)

lids the only one to be shortlisted for all australian team but will miss out.

improvements from connors, collins, gourdis, rance and polo

Collins will have beefed up over the off season and will dominate unless the injury he sustained against the crows at the gold coast is more serious than we think. The club has never released what the injury was other than a hip injury. Hope it is not career threatening.

I would love to see Gourdis play. Maybe he will be the new Mitch Clarke of the comp.

1. Dan Connors - By seasons end he will be talked about alot. He is the one of the few players on our list who can hurt someone... legally...Not sure if he is too old but could he still win the Rising Star award?

2. Brett Deledio - Finally wil dominate games consistently

3. Dustin Martin - Will be the best first year player in the comp. Trengrove and Scully will have to deal with tags at Melbourne, this kid won't as Cuz, Lids and hopefully Bling will require run with players.

4. Trent Cotchin - Full Pre season and 22 games, oh what a dream...

5. Chris Newman - Hardwick will demand he takes the reigns in the midfield and he will drag his teammates into the game.

AA's

Doubtful we will have any but potentials are

Cousins & Richo (if fit)
Deledio

Clarke is 198cm. Gourdis is 194cm. Clarke will have a 5cm higher reach and even he is 5cm shorter than alot of ruckman. Gourdis and Polak should be used as 3rd ruck at the most
i would not even bother using him in the ruck. let him play his best footy, which is up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Break Out years for:

1. Trent Cotchin - Will get over injuries, have a full preseason and rip it up
2. Brett Deledio - Will become elite.
3. Shane Edwards - Started to break out nearing the end of '09, will only improve more
4. Richard Tambling - Same as Edwards
5. Matthew White - I had forgotten that we didn't have Foley when I saw White play against the Blues. Exactly the same type of player as him.
6. Will Thursfield/Jarrod Silvestor - one or the other, depends if Thursfield bulks up or not. Both have the potential to become the solid number 1 defender we need.

Possibilities: Riewoldt, Collins, Adam Thomson? Mitch Farmer?

All Australians from Tigers (if any)

1. Brett Deledio
2. Chris Newman
3. Richo ;)

IMO Connors won't break out. He will go. Reminds me heaps of Collard.

Players who I think will be surprise packets are Gourdis and King. Both as forwards. King can go for his grass cutters across goal and not kill the side if he is up forward. Don't mind his risk taking because his hardness, desperation and most of his kicking will be a weapon. Gourdis can use his athletic qualities and hopefully be involved in 3 goals a game

Dan Connors is a soft **** & im very dissapointed in him.

doesnt have the courage to do the hard running/work thats required to become an afl player.

way too busy consentrating on the fancy/look at me types of things
constantly trying to baulk & take the specky.
that stuff is easy to do at junior levell but alot harder in the bigtime

unless he gets that crap out of his game & starts working harder at what hardwick said TEAM FIRST attitude.
he will be delisted if he doesnt change his style.

hope im wrong & he changes !!

i would think we would want that we would want the stuff from connors to provide us some x factor he just need to have a big pre season and get fit so he can keep up with the afl tempo.

It's time for us to give up on Connors. He hardly ever dominates at Coburg and wasn't even in contention this year when most others on the list played. He was taken late in his draft for a reason, doesn't work hard and is soft.

Anyway, I expect Cotchin to have a good year. Edwards will continue on from his late 09 form and hopefully one of Gourdis or Putt can have an impact.

Tambling and Riewoldt are two players who can really take another step next season.

Would be nice to see Lids really stamp himself on matches. I think we all know he has the ability to be even better. And let's hope the medical staff get Cotch right so he can "break out".

Still like Dan Connors as a player too, crossing my fingers the rocket he needs is sent and received and he earns senior selection.

Don't think we will have any AA's. Lids could be a chance.

One player I forgot to mention woulld have a break out year is Andrew Collins. With reflexes like a sabar tooth tiger and more skills than the Rock Steady Crew and the New York Breakers combined Hardwick is going to have a field day with this kid. Don't be surprised if he is in leadership group in 2011. Andy will play 15-20 games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Break out years and all Australians from the Tigers for 2010? Predictions please?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back