Off-topic Breaking News Story: Living in Geelong. What's it really like?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am living in Geelong for a month soon. What should I expect?
I'll be in Newtown which is the richest suburb of Geelong.
Norlane is not that far away if I need any gear.
My imagination is telling me there will probably be a meth house somewhere on the street and that there will be many unhealthy people on the streets eating fast food.
be careful of going near cars, there's an epidemic of car meth labs exploding in and around geelong!

be careful of going near cars, there's an epidemic of car meth labs exploding in and around geelong!
Ok thanks for the tip. I also saw this article about Newtown.
A women had the body of her dead brother in the house for years, scary stuff.

'Inside her ramshackle home in Newtown, Geelong, Marie had been living not only among piles of rotting garbage for years, but the body of her deceased brother.'

The Corio Bay Roadhouse has been The Home of the Drumstick since way back before Port Adelaide was even thought of being established. #HistoryAndCulture
1963, that was the year I was established, and speaking of never tearing them apart Mum did say I was quite a large lad a 9.5lbs

I googled "Things to do in Richmond" and got incredibly excited for a moment because it seemed like there was a rich history of architecture wonders to explore like this bridge establised in 1823:
_42.jpg

Then I remembered that is the good Richmond located in Tasmania. So I refined my search to Melbourne's Richmond to see what I could fi... oh dear :eekv1:

attachment.aspx

rockstar-energy-were-giving-out-cans-at-richmond-station-v0-a23qg8yrstmc1.jpg

image.jpg
You're gonna get bored of that bridge pretty damn fast

My imagination is telling me there will probably be a meth house somewhere on the street and that there will be many unhealthy people on the streets eating fast food.

Keep everything locked
Do not bend over!

I hope they've improved the foreshore, last time I were there there was B grade art pole lifesaver things and fast food crap at the end of the pier.
Also lots of fat chicks. Don't get mw wrong, those chicks need some lovin as well as the fitter girls.
Best bakery=Porter Avenue highton
Best restaurant =Sandstone Cafe groveldale.
Best pub= Elephant n Castle.
Best place to score ice= everywhere

Try not to trip over any of our 17 premierships.

Wait, you're not attending one of Geelong's rehab centers, are you?
None of your players live in Geelong they all have beach houses.
No , not going to rehab although Geelong does have some of the best in Australia.
Petsitting a small dog and 2 cats that are rescue animals. Some drug addict was trying to sell them for baggies in the mall but they're safe now.

Last edited:
None of your players live in Geelong they all have beach houses.
No , not going to rehab although Geelong does have some of the best in Australia.
Petsitting a small dog and 2 cats that are rescue animals. Some drug addict was trying to sell them for baggies in the mall but they're safe now.
When I read your first post my mind went straight to ‘this bloke is probably one of them house sitter losers who move from house to house when people go on holidays’ I was gonna troll you on that but thought I will read the thread first.
So it’s a bit rich being a homeless house sitter/squatter and trolling the suburb you are about to freeload in.

blackish tv show GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chicken Schnitzel burger from the Corio Bay Roadhouse ftw.
If you want to see some Geelong local wildlife, go to Corio Village in the afternoon. People shopping in their pyjamas is normal.
If you want to get stabbed, hang around Market Square.
If you want a single mum, Solar Drive in Whitington is the go.
Overall, it’s a shithole.

Chicken Schnitzel burger from the Corio Bay Roadhouse ftw.
If you want to see some Geelong local wildlife, go to Corio Village in the afternoon. People shopping in their pyjamas is normal.
If you want to get stabbed, hang around Market Square.
If you want a single mum, Solar Drive in Whitington is the go.
Overall, it’s a shithole.
Thankyou

Ok thanks for the tip. I also saw this article about Newtown.
A women had the body of her dead brother in the house for years, scary stuff.

'Inside her ramshackle home in Newtown, Geelong, Marie had been living not only among piles of rotting garbage for years, but the body of her deceased brother.'

Was she collecting his dole?

Wow, a month's community service in Geelong, you must have done something really bad

Off-topic Breaking News Story: Living in Geelong. What's it really like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back