Brendan Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Brien has taken his spot. Goldsakc, Stanley and co. look like being better players than Maxwell too.

If Fevola is available we might aswell go after him. Match winner and currently we dont have any match winners.
If he is going to be avaiable any club would be stupid not to go after him.
One of the most accurate kick for goals in the league, Coleman medalist maybe on his way to his second.
May have some trouble but he can turn things around if he really wants to

Wouldn't you think Carlton would try and recruit a ruckmen for him, thy are not going to win a premiership with Hackland
Listening to the radio over the weekend and reports from the under 18 championships there are apparently a few seriously good ruck prospects. The Vic Metro ruckman is supposed to be the notional number 1 pick and best ruck prospect for a long time. Carlton could trade for whatever talent they can get and draft a Ruckman to bring up with Gibbs & co.

Listening to the radio over the weekend and reports from the under 18 championships there are apparently a few seriously good ruck prospects. The Vic Metro ruckman is supposed to be the notional number 1 pick and best ruck prospect for a long time. Carlton could trade for whatever talent they can get and draft a Ruckman to bring up with Gibbs & co.
Yeh, to be honest I forgot that they could draft a decent ruckmen as they would have a high pick this year.
We could give them Richards :p
But there would be many teams out there that could offer them more than we could, if a player has a preffered club, does that come into considetation or is it up to Calrton and who offers the most?

I dont think we'll take him and I dont think the types of players suggested on this board are enough to get him. Fevola is an A Grade player. Offering B Grade players in exchange does not work, not even if we offer a number of them. Lonie Maxwell and O'Bree are steakknives - how many of sets of steakknives do you need?

They'd need a like for like offer plus a sweetener.

They will want, and they will get, a top five pick and a player or two. Same as the Tarrant trade, only more expensive. We dont have a top five pick, looks like we'll end up with pick 11 or so, and unless we want to dump Didak, we dont have a highly rated player of top five market value we'd want to trade either.

Other teams will outbid us, and we are kidding ourselves if we think we are remotely in the market.

Spot on , he will not be cheap.

There are some clubs that would give away alot to get him. Clubs like north and the doggies who would kill for a key forward. We have good tall prospects and I reckon if we got in a dutch auction with some of the other clubs we would end up giving alot away.

savo i cant see that page because i been banned from the carlton board because i said they have no future :mad:

do they want a straight swap for something

WakeupTaz - They were just saying how much they would like Didak and someone posted, "Straight swap Fev for Didak" or something like that

Fevola would be a great player down at collingwood, after all he did win the coleman medal last year. We need to get rid of Chris Egan and Rhys Shaw and Ryan Lonie if worst comes to worst. To even think of getting rid of Shane O'Bree is pathetic, his one of the most underated players in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola would be a great player down at collingwood, after all he did win the coleman medal last year. We need to get rid of Chris Egan and Rhys Shaw and Ryan Lonie if worst comes to worst. To even think of getting rid of Shane O'Bree is pathetic, his one of the most underated players in the comp.

In this statement you have just underrated another of Collingwoods better players in the first half of this year in Rhys Shaw. His rebound and speed from the half back line is setting up Collingwood attacks, thats if hes not giving the ball to Heath who then set those attack up. Some people need to forget that bad game he had on the big stage and remember that he wasn't the most exprienced player in that grand final.

Agree with Timmy re what Carlton will want and basically what some of the 15 clubs will be prepared to offer. It is unlikely we will get him if we want him and frankly I doubt MM will want him.

Didak only hits the radar because he likes a drink and has been in strife. If trade a gun player who performs as he does on the field because of social engineering BS that doesn't impact team performance I will go postal. Didak is the best footballer we have now that Buckley is all but shot. The chances of us getting hold of a similar quality layer from mid to late in the draft where I hope we will reside for the next decade are very slim. Equally the chances of snagging a Fev are slim but we do actually have some forward line players while we have current and pending needs in the midfield.

If there is such a thing as an untouchable then Didak should be it for us. We have made our play at reeling him in and now we have to play hat hand IMO.

So many questions re: Fevola. I initially thought ....absolutley.....but so many questions to be answered. He certainly is talented....but....

Some have speculated that Fev is frustrated at Carlton because he has been used more and more as a decoy and less as the focal point in recent weeks. I heard on the radio he has only been credited with only two goal assists on the season which is incredibly low for a team that has been scoring freely at times.

One of the strengths of Collingwood's forward set up over the past two years has been the ability to share the goal kicking amongst a number of players. Some of this may be due to key position players looking to shirk responsibilty at times due to kicking woes but mostly it is because players such as Didak, Tarrant, Rocca and Cloke are or have been unselfish team players (on the field).

If Fev was to be in a Collingwood uniform it is unlikley he would be a Coleman medalist candidate like he is now. Just how important is this to him? Is winning of greater priority than kicking goals for him? Would he accept the role of decoy on a winning team better than on a horribly inept Carlton team? Would he toe the line at a club with strong leadership group as opposed to Carlton's complete lack of leadership? Would he be prepared to dump his "idiot" image by no longer appearing (embarrassingly) on the footy show?

I would not hold an interview with him in high consideration when pondering these questions. He has already burnt three AFL coaches with his attitude and I am sure he has been asked these questions before. Some serious investigation with former coaches, team mates etc would be neccessary.

A lot of question marks.......what do you give up for such an enigma.

Certainly not Didak......he is so important to our team.

Why O'Bree? Then who will win a clearance and kick it down to the forwards. At least O'Bree will have a leading forward to kick it to. Instead of a man(Rocca) waiving his one arm in the air and asking for it long all the time. Mind you Rocca can't jump

Hey Moshy,do you go to the footy with your eyes open or looking to the sky in the hope that Geoff Hayward will be our next great clearance king,Get with the programme son,while dinky O`bree remains on the Collingwood list,we will not see a FLAG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back