Brendan Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd look at giving up..

Lucas (previous 1st rounder)
Russell (previous frist rounder)
and this years first round pick.
Thats 3 first rounders..

Then swap some of the latter picks..

I dont reckon we'd give up Hammer anyway.

Any chance of North offering Hamish and a pick for Goddard??

Hamish is worth a lot more than Hampson. and we have the better draft picks.

Make it happen!

Problem with this is by getting rid of Goddard saints are essentiall saying bye to there premiership window so a 27 yr old ruck with injury issues isn't really high on there list of needs ecspecially with McEvoy.

I honestly don't think any club could give a good enough deal.

Would take a lot for him to be traded. And when I say a lot, add some more.

I don't know what Carlton could trade for him. We'd probably be asking for something along the lines of the Judd deal. Carlton don't have the high picks (unless they trade for them), so unless we got a few of their best young players, it would be tough.

Goddard is no Judd, a early first rounder and a fringe player would be possible but not a early first rounder and a player of Kennedys ability IMO.

St. Kilda are entitled to a bona-fide superstar for Goddard, that means pick 1-5 and pick 16-21 (or very decent player).

Anything less and they are getting reamed from behind.

If Richmond were to make an offer?

I'd go with Pick 14 & Compensation pick for Goddard and even that wouldn't quite cut it.

He carries a lot of currency in my eyes, and absolute superstar. The hard part is getting St.Kilda something fair and equatable due to salary cap constraints.

I'll probably get flamed by my own supporters for this but the Saints aren't going to give him away for nothing.

I'd be thinking:

Lecras+Lycett as a starting point

Don t think it s your supporters I would worry about

Goddard is no Judd, a early first rounder and a fringe player would be possible but not a early first rounder and a player of Kennedys ability IMO.
Wrong. Goddard is under contract, Judd was not. Circumstances put their values pretty close together.

He carries a lot of currency in my eyes, and absolute superstar. The hard part is getting St.Kilda something fair and equatable due to salary cap constraints.

I'll probably get flamed by my own supporters for this but the Saints aren't going to give him away for nothing.

I'd be thinking:

Lecras+Lycett as a starting point

About the only trade so far that has been fairly reasonable.

Seriously Carlton, Saints aren't going accept all your crap for one of our best players.

Just think, would Carlton accept Geary, Dawson, Gram and our First round pick (#20) for Murphy. I don't think so.

Not to mention, Carlton would have to at least give up a pretty good player to open up some cap space to get Goddard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About the only trade so far that has been fairly reasonable.

Seriously Carlton, Saints aren't going accept all your crap for one of our best players.

Just think, would Carlton accept Geary, Dawson, Gram and our First round pick (#20) for Murphy. I don't think so.

Not to mention, Carlton would have to at least give up a pretty good player to open up some cap space to get Goddard.

We already know this. If Goddard stated the Blues as his choice, we'd need to throw everything (usual names/picks and more to get the Omeara pick and another first rounder your way. ) Most Blues supporters are knowledgeable enough to understand this is highly unlikely. Its the silly season approaching though, what do you do?

Don't see how this trade would work out, Saints would be wanting bucket loads.

Goddard's a gun, but also 27 years old next year, he's got about 2 or 3 years elite left him in.

That probably is the Blues' premiership window. In exchange, the Saints would probably be wanting high drafts picks which we don't have, or youth, guys like Yarran & Henderson, and there's no way the Blues would be wanting to give them up.

Don't think guys like JR & Bower hold much trade value for the Saints, Lucas holds a bit, but hasn't played many AFL games.

Goddard is in the same class as Scully and Ablett. Both got two first round picks for going to GC and GWS (i think this is right). So to get him you would have to be prepared to give more than what Stkilda would get if he went to GWS. That would be of the worth of something along these lines. Pick 9 + pick 10 or pick 5 and pick 15.

No club has this, besides GWS. So other clubs would have to give up a quality player with a high pick. By quality i mean one of your top 4-6 valued players.

Anything less is stupid, still only 26 and not exactly injury prone, has plenty of football left in him, even after his best days can see him domination floating across halfback, or sitting in the goal square (Mark Riccuto style) when hes 32-34.

Goddard is in the same class as Scully and Ablett. Both got two first round picks for going to GC and GWS (i think this is right). So to get him you would have to be prepared to give more than what Stkilda would get if he went to GWS. That would be of the worth of something along these lines. Pick 9 + pick 10 or pick 5 and pick 15.

No club has this, besides GWS. So other clubs would have to give up a quality player with a high pick. By quality i mean one of your top 4-6 valued players.

Anything less is stupid, still only 26 and not exactly injury prone, has plenty of football left in him, even after his best days can see him domination floating across halfback, or sitting in the goal square (Mark Riccuto style) when hes 32-34.

Scully in the same class as Ablett???? You're joking,right????:eek:
I wouldn't even say Goddard is in the class of Ablett!!

In all honesty. does carlton need any more midfielders.
Would you say no to Ben Reid joining Essendon because you have Cale Hooker?

We needed a player like Mclean, but that trade didn't work out. Curnow might be OK, but Ellard doesn't cut the mustard. Someone like Jordan Lewis who has a big body and good left foot like Goddard would be a good fit for our midfield group. I'd be down to my underwear faster than Ricky Nixon if news broke that Joel Selwood, Josh Caddy or David Swallow would join Carlton in a trade. :eek:
Keep in mind your dealing with Pelch so whatever you decide to offer, will most likely cost you double!
So Thornton, pick 22 and Russell will get it done?

Scully in the same class as Ablett???? You're joking,right????:eek:
I wouldn't even say Goddard is in the class of Ablett!!

Sorry maybe said it wrong

Will be viewed in the same class in regards to compensation picks. I believe Melbourne and Geelong got about the same in return for their stars (Ablett and Scully). Stkilda would recieve two mid-early first round picks for Goddard, so other clubs need to give more than this to attain his services.

I doubt we have anything St Kilda would want. Or more importantly, anything we'd be willing to give up.

Hampson, Russell and our first rounder is a lot. And even then i doubt the Saints would want it.

players like Goddard aren't worth trading for. if anything saints would be the winner. imo geelong are a stronger team using the compo they got from Ablett, and carlton would be better had they not traded for judd.

Would you say no to Ben Reid joining Essendon because you have Cale Hooker?

We needed a player like Mclean, but that trade didn't work out. Curnow might be OK, but Ellard doesn't cut the mustard. Someone like Jordan Lewis who has a big body and good left foot like Goddard would be a good fit for our midfield group. I'd be down to my underwear faster than Ricky Nixon if news broke that Joel Selwood, Josh Caddy or David Swallow would join Carlton in a trade. :eek:

So Thornton, pick 22 and Russell will get it done?

I'm afraid the only names we can offer Pelch are Laidler, Lucas, O'Keefe, Simpson, Warnock and Watson.

(left footers) ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back