Brendan Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, my bad, but it would still be unders, if using the same formula as Ablet compensation. I might be wrong again, but without looking, not best and fairests, brownlows etc, would make the compensation less wouldnt it?
If it's like the expansion club compensations, salary will probably be the greatest factor. Only way to explain Scully being worth the same as Ablett.

Regardless of how it's done though, some clubs will get screwed, some will feel very, very lucky.

Only Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong & WC are in true premiership contention. Of those clubs, WC have the salary cap space & possible players to move him. Gaff & their 1st Pick could get the trade done.

So Goddard to the Blues wouldn't see us join that group?:eek:

BTW......i think we should be included anyway. No reason why we will not improve next year, barr injuries.

Gibbs aint going to be a goddard, hes a poor mans goddard. Everyone would agree with this bar carlton fans.

He is a very similar player, both are #1 picks (clearly talented) and Gibbs has performed better than Goddard has at similar ages.

There is every chance that Gibbs will be as good as Goddard.

There is no way in hell Carlton, or any other club for that matter, would swap Gibbs AND a first round pick for Brendon Goddard.

He is a very similar player, both are #1 picks (clearly talented) and Gibbs has performed better than Goddard has at similar ages.

There is every chance that Gibbs will be as good as Goddard.

There is no way in hell Carlton, or any other club for that matter, would swap Gibbs AND a first round pick for Brendon Goddard.

Than there is no way he will be wearing the navy blue and you can stop wishing he will be, because that is his worth and what is required. Listen to others in this thread and one day you may think your bias. Gibbs is no where near Goddard and never will be. My opinion. If Gibbs becomes that player considered top 1-2 in the comp at any stage than PM me and say "i told you so". Somehow i dont think that day will ever come.

Wait 'till next season. He ain't goin' anywhere this trade period. GWS will snap him up in the off-season of 2012.

Although, there is always free-agency!!

C'mon Goddard, choose the North-Siders!

I think you'll find i've been saying that i'd rather a key position player than Goddard, and that i doubt we'd be able to get a deal done with St Kilda.

Goddard is rumoured to be leaving every year. Nearly always to Carlton.

I just find it amusing you're writing Gibbs off already, despite every single measure showing he's tracking better than Goddard did.

I reckon the Saints would see potential in Gibbs to be as good, or better than Goddard in a couple of years time. Not saying he will be, just sayin' what they might think.

Only Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong & WC are in true premiership contention. Of those clubs, WC have the salary cap space & possible players to move him. Gaff & their 1st Pick could get the trade done.

I will give you this, you still have the capacity for a ton of arrogance 4 days after choking it up in the GF. My guess is that the Pies need to do a lot different next year to stay ahead of the game, clearly the press has been broken down. Question is, does Buckley have the skill set to keep the Pies ahead of the pack, or will the loss of MM and other assistant coaches mean that the Pies will be back in the pack??? Time will tell.

So Goddard to the Blues wouldn't see us join that group?:eek:

BTW......i think we should be included anyway. No reason why we will not improve next year, barr injuries

You need a KPF & one of quality to join that group. Not sure Goddard, who plays his best football at HB, is going to solve that issue.

some obviously don't get the concept of free agency...

if goddard were to opt to leave st kilda net year he would do so as a restricted free agent - meaning st kilda has first right to refusal and could match the offer from the rival club. if it is matched then goddard would have to stay or go into the draft and who knows which club he goes to (prob gws at the end of next year).

No. 2012 will be his 10th year. He'll be an unrestricted free agent for the 2012 draft/trading period. He can go where he likes and St.Kilda will get compensation like the clubs that lose uncontracted players to the expansion clubs.

carlton could be a real chance. Just pay him peanuts via the salary cap and bring out those brown paper bags.
Isn't next year his 10th year at the club?
:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait 'till next season. He ain't goin' anywhere this trade period. GWS will snap him up in the off-season of 2012.

Although, there is always free-agency!!

C'mon Goddard, choose the North-Siders!

It would be good to see that. I would love to see North attract a quality player to their club. Of late they seem to lose their good players. I dont remember the last big name to request a trade to North...........Would def make them a strong top 8 chance and one to watch.

No. 2012 will be his 10th year. He'll be an unrestricted free agent for the 2012 draft/trading period. He can go where he likes and St.Kilda will get compensation like the clubs that lose uncontracted players to the expansion clubs.

carlton could be a real chance. Just pay him peanuts via the salary cap and bring out those brown paper bags.

:thumbsu:

yeah my bad. however st kilda would still get compo...determined by the afl.

Anyone would have beat the no confidence saints and Goddard.

C.Ling also sashed Swan in the GF :confused::confused:

That holds no weight.

When he is able to restrict some of the best in the game (pendles and goodes 2 others), yes it does hold some weight. As i said, has several years on Goddard, came 3rd in the b and f in a quality team. More than happy to continue this discussion.

Thanks for the reference to the typo too pal,not all of us can type 100 words pm with zero mistakes like yourself.

if goddard is up for a trade i would offer

HMAC+Cunnington+2nd Rounder

no offence but that's a bit of a sideways move for him (going to north).

if he leaves it will be because;

he wants to play in a successful team eg. blues, pies or hawks or
he wants more coin and joins gws

I will give you this, you still have the capacity for a ton of arrogance 4 days after choking it up in the GF. My guess is that the Pies need to do a lot different next year to stay ahead of the game, clearly the press has been broken down. Question is, does Buckley have the skill set to keep the Pies ahead of the pack, or will the loss of MM and other assistant coaches mean that the Pies will be back in the pack??? Time will tell.

Choking is when your favourite and you lose we werent. Btw I cant believe peopel actually think Goddard will leave Stkilda, if he was to leave it would be GWS next year and thats only for the big bucks.

You need a KPF & one of quality to join that group. Not sure Goddard, who plays his best football at HB, is going to solve that issue.

Just out of interest........who was the superstar KPF that tore you a new one in the GF??????

Oh Hawkins, the dominant KPF of this decade.....oh wait, what, it was probably his first dominant, for 1 qtr, game ever.

2 goals kicked off the ground in the square!!!!!!!!!

Apologies Cats fans, the Tomahawk played a great game and has obvious talent.......but this 1 quality KPF stuff is starting to wear a bit thin.

Collingwood supposedly has 2 superstar KPF'S.... fat lot of good that did.

Losers:thumbsdown:

yeah my bad. however st kilda would still get compo...determined by the afl.

That's what some don't understand. St.Kilda will do what is best for them. If carlton or someone else offered up some trash like has been mentioned in here, they'd laugh and just wait a year for a big payday.

If St.Kilda hang onto him for one more year (he's contracted for 2012) they'll get excellent compo no matter what happens as he qualifies under free agency rules.

Also, Gibbs did beat Goddard in that game when Goddard was in a massive rut. Goddard has mongrel and a massive boot, Gibbs is soft. Outside of that similar players. I'd take Goddard even with less years left in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back