Brendan Hehir walks out at 3quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at the riv herald online this morning, Moama have talks today to decide his future. Paul Clarke took trianing last night in Heir's notable absense.

Travvy43 said:
Just looking at the riv herald online this morning, Moama have talks today to decide his future. Paul Clarke took trianing last night in Heir's notable absense.

it's a hairy one this one.

Hehir admits its over
From www.bordermail.com.au
By BRETT KOHLHAGEN

BRENDAN Hehir yesterday conceded his coaching career was doomed with Murray Football League club Moama.

The former North Albury and Myrtleford player admitted his heated clash with captain Ben Mason at three-quarter-time against Barooga at the weekend had caused irreparable damage and doubted he would be at the helm for the final four rounds.

But Hehir insisted he was yet to sit down with Moama officials and discuss the incident.

“I have heard Paul Clarke has been appointed caretaker coach, but I only spoke briefly to the president Geoff Harris on Sunday and he said he was getting back to me,” he said.

“It would be nice to find out what is going on though.”

Hehir, who plans to play in Melbourne next season, exchanged words with Mason at the huddle before handing the board to a club official and storming to the interchange bench.

“I had a go at Ben Mason for not being accountable for his man Rowan OCallaghan, who was best on the ground, and he couldnt handle it,” Hehir said.

“Its pretty disappointing for a player to blow up in front of the players. I probably regret giving him the opportunity to say something but you expect to cop sprays in football.

“I copped heaps during my career from people like Luke Rayner and you just learn to wear it.

“I have done a bit more than him in footy and, if you compared his career to mine, then you wouldnt allow him to carry my footy bag each week.

“I dont want to bag the footy club, but its all fairly disappointing.”

Hehir said he could understand former coach Todd Viney venting his frustration at Moamas attitude after stepping down as coach last season.

“I probably couldnt when I took on the job, but its pretty clear that some of the players just dont take things seriously enough and others cant be criticised,” the Mansfield premiership player said.

“Todd Viney obviously had the same problem Im finding.

“I sat the players down a while ago and told them to see me if they had problems, but nobody said anything.”

centreman said:
“I sat the players down a while ago and told them to see me if they had problems, but nobody said anything.”
because nobody liked you hehiry ya bloody idiot!!

sounds like the footy club will be much better off now that he has gone. quite obvious that he didn't have the respect from the players.

jmain14 said:
because nobody liked you hehiry ya bloody idiot!!

sounds like the footy club will be much better off now that he has gone. quite obvious that he didn't have the respect from the players.

Dja reckon they could fit him in on a back flank at Tonny?

I take it this will be the end of his season due to transfers being finished for the year, will the club still have to pay out his contract (which would be highly inflated) for the remainder of the season?

From what i hear he does not sound like the type of bloke that would suit a navy blue jumper. No doubt he will take note that the tonny job is up for grabs, although it would surprise me if any club in the region hire him now as a coach. I see though in todays shepp news he is quoted as saying he still has an amition to coach, maybe in melbourne.

True Travvy, Apparently he is a good player and therefore doesn't warrant pulling on a jumper for Tongala. You blokes are rabble.

Whippet said:
True Travvy, Apparently he is a good player and therefore doesn't warrant pulling on a jumper for Tongala. You blokes are rabble.

We may not be the best team running aorund the country but we would nat pay out massive money to attract a guy with the type of character or personality he has shown with this incident. that would show a lack of integrity.

whippett your are obviously a free loader who has no respect for the blokes who wear the navy blue. These blokes a fair dinkum rip every week and deserve to get a few players back to the area to help them out. If some of the top teams eg. THOSE WHO POACH PLAYERS AND PAY THEM CRAP LOADS. played with the heart and for the jumper like these guys do they mightn't have needed to buy players in the first place.

Rochester reflect this, their list is no where near as talented this year as the other sides in the finals this year. Get on the rochy band wagon to knock off these money throwing clubs.

Whippet said:
shocking call whippet. if you couldn't see (or didn't want to see) where travvy was coming from in that previous post well then you are a fair dinkum toss.

ECHUCABOY said:
whippett your are obviously a free loader who has no respect for the blokes who wear the navy blue. These blokes a fair dinkum rip every week and deserve to get a few players back to the area to help them out. If some of the top teams eg. THOSE WHO POACH PLAYERS AND PAY THEM CRAP LOADS. played with the heart and for the jumper like these guys do they mightn't have needed to buy players in the first place.

Rochester reflect this, their list is no where near as talented this year as the other sides in the finals this year. Get on the rochy band wagon to knock off these money throwing clubs.
great call echuca boy. you beat me to it. am thankful that someone else thinks along the lines of myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I know this fella me being an out of towner but he sounds like a pelican!

His surname is familiar, has he ever been on an AFL list? Rookie or Supp. List perhaps?

Cheers.

Talking to a guy on the weekend who played with him at Bacchus Marsh. He does not like him one bit. the year he was there he demanded he got paid for his finals games, it was club policy not to pay any players in finals, which is pretty stock standard at any club. If he was not going to be paid for finals he was going to walk out, as it turned out a number of locals players off their own back all chipped in so he could get his money.

How does this bloke live with himself

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Hehir walks out at 3quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back