Traded Brendon Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Pos Number Player       Age    Games    Price          2010            2009            2008            2007       
                        DT      SC       Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg
DEF 18 GODDARD, Brendon    25    162    $471,000 $633,700 25    113.4    130.2    24    104.0    115.5    23    92.7    103.3    7    80.4    90.1

Possibly my favourite player, Brendan copped a broken nose and broken collar bone in last year's Grand Final. Despite this he has missed very little preseason training and has played in three of the four preseason matches showing fine touch. He was rested (along with Nick Riewoldt) in the NAB semifinal match against Fremantle.

Goddard achieves better scores in Supercoach than Dream Team and does so despite tags. Brendan chiefly plays midfield but is also brought back in defence playing the loose man role perfectly. He is rumoured to play a greater role forward at times during 2010.

Goddard is not cheap. If you select him in your team, it is for the scores he will produce because he will not rise much in value.
He is a consistent premium and still improving so is worth the price.

The absence of Sam Fisher may impact slightly on his scores.
The Saints offer several avenues out of defence and rotate these players so that the absence of one player is unlikely to make much difference.

I have not selected him in either starting team, but I am sure to pick him up at some time during the season once my cash cows have reached maturity.

Great game against the Roos... lock in 3 brownlow points!

Great game against the Roos... lock in 3 brownlow points!
I don't know about that, lot of competition. Seven goals is hard for even the most midfielder-loving umpire to ignore, and Montagna and Dal Santo also had fine nights out.

Should poll, but someone's gonna be robbed.

Coming into his own now, and pretty much taken that leap into the elite bracket.

Will be there by the end of the year, regardless of whether he has a premiership medallion around his neck or not...

I don't know about that, lot of competition. Seven goals is hard for even the most midfielder-loving umpire to ignore, and Montagna and Dal Santo also had fine nights out.

Should poll, but someone's gonna be robbed.

Well... he at least got the tv from blighty!

Not just the best utility in the game at the moment, but he brings so much heart and passion to the club. It's sometimes manifests itself in ways which are unwise, but you cannot question his commitment.

Did you see him last night when we won? And after the song?

Thanks Carltank!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard he is paid more than Nick Reiwoldt. Is Brendon worth that?

The word is that Nick Riewoldt is the second highest paid player in the competition to Gary Ablett Jnr.

Goddard is a brilliant footballer and at any other club he would be that club's marquis player. We are very lucky to have both players

Thank you Carlton :cool:

The word is that Nick Riewoldt is the second highest paid player in the competition to Gary Ablett Jnr.

Goddard is a brilliant footballer and at any other club he would be that club's marquis player. We are very lucky to have both players

Thank you Carlton :cool:
I think Ablett is only on about $550-600k in the final year of his current contract.

Judd, Brown & Riewoldt are on the highest wages, at about $1m a year.

I remember an interview last year where Ross said Rooey was on the biggest contract, then Lenny, then the rest of the team. Of course half of Lenny's is outside the cap as he's a veteran. :thumbsu:

As an unbiased supporter, I think I would rather have Goddard on my team than anyone else in the AFL. An absolute gun player. Hope we can get him to the Gold Coast at some stage, but I think he has too much class and loyalty to leave the Saints. You could see how much he cared about winning that flag for the team in those two GFs.

As an unbiased supporter, I think I would rather have Goddard on my team than anyone else in the AFL. An absolute gun player. Hope we can get him to the Gold Coast at some stage, but I think he has too much class and loyalty to leave the Saints. You could see how much he cared about winning that flag for the team in those two GFs.

I think you've taken enough.:thumbsdown:

If there ever was such a window, it's well and truly passed. He bleeds red, white and black now (it's true, I cut him at a pre-season function).

If there ever was such a window, it's well and truly passed. He bleeds red, white and black now (it's true, I cut him at a pre-season function).

I agree. But one can always hope. Must say I am happy with Ablett, wanting Goddard is just getting greedy :D

[YOUTUBE]Hd0sOvWoSNg[/YOUTUBE]

I would honestly trade my first born for that man to get a premiership*

Don't actually have one, yet.

I know he's been elite for a couple years now, and the bandgwagon, wank fest has been in full force for a while. But he's gonna go down as one of our best ever. And if we had have won that first GF, he would have been an immortal. ARGHHHH. Shame that that mark will always be remembered, for all the wrong reasons. Hell, as long as it's remembered!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back