Yep - Luke confirmed it later in a reply:
Nathan Henry @NatsHenry
@livo23 retired?
ViewConversation
2h
2ce85aac9fb530a3c523b451f21cb6fd_normal.jpeg
Luke Livingston @livo23
@NatsHenry yeah mate the big fella has hung up the boots​

One of my favourite players, worked so hard to get where he is now, wasnt afraid to put on the big hits and in my opinion was one of the best kicks ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations, Goo. Came in to the club and taught many the Clarkson way (having played under Clarko in the SANFL).

Deserved his two premierships. Good to see him go out on his own terms.

A great story.

Was a nuggety small forward at Port. Traded to St Kilda, delisted at the end of 2005. Career appeared to be over. He thought it was.

Clarko picked him up and turned him into a half back. He was close to elite at his role. Rarely beaten by small forwards, extremely damaging on the rebound.

Has been a vital part of our back 6 ever since. Incredibly underrated externally, one of the first picked internally.

He's been a Hawk for 8 seasons and has bled Brown & Gold every day. Did the jumper extremely proud.

Goo embraced Hawthorn, Hawthorn embraced Goo.

Hawthorn Life Member.

He was also a massive leader. There are things we won't hear about. I've spoken to former Hawthorn players who said he would give them a massive bake and demand a high standard at training, demand they respect the jumper.

Two time Hawthorn Premiership Hero. Not just a Soldier. A true Warrior of our Club.

I think shepp says it all in particular, well done Goo - I sincerely feel that if we'd had Goo in the team in the 2012 GF, things may have been different...

Champion player, was so hard at it, unshakable, and immovable for his size - you'd back him to win almost every 1on1 he engaged in, and while Duryea's kick is quite good.... I think it will take a lot of work to replace that left boot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brent Guerra - two time premiership hero - retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back