Brereton on "Boot"

Remove this Banner Ad

I was on Cloke at $51 and Wellers at $34, so was downright devastated when Pendles was announced as the winner!

My quick $5 on Clokey was looking fantastic at quarter time :thumbsdown:

Damn ... Trav and Wellers were two out of the possible four winners, so that would've been a pain the arse.

Let me guess your rationale ... Those who debuted on ANZAC day were likely to have a big one?

I was on Wellingham because he is in form.

I was on Cloke becuse he plays well vs Essendon and has a good record in big games, and at $51 I couldn't not have something on him.

I was also on Heater and Ball. Heater because he's clearly in our best few and really straightens us up and stands out and Ball because I thought it might be the sort of ocassion he really shines, but with the free flowing football he was never a chance in the end.

Ias lucky enough to be on Pendles, but was totally surprised when they called his name out as I thought Beams & Wellingham were both excellent at crucial stages.

I am loving Beams composure, nothing ruffles him, almost unemotional at times - I love it, very much Joel Selwood like in attitude.

Thought Beams then Wellingham, Beams had a club best ever inside 50's Wellingham broke the game open.
Pendles wasn't really that great IMO, he was good, ranked up and used the ball well but as far as putting their stamp on the game throught Beams ahead Wellingham

Nice to be able to raffle the BOG. An embarrassment of riches, though really, Essendon were poor. I think MM took Knights apart. Just don't feel they had any gameplan at all which stood up under our pressure. If I were following the Bombers, I'd be very worried.

On more important issues, I'll be pretty happy if we can get as many midfield winners against Carlton. Gonna be a GREAT match, I think.

Thomas Shaw beams Wellingham all better than Pendles..
Probably didn't deserve that addition to the trophy cabinet..

Bit stiff to suggest it's an addition to the trophy cabinet Pendles didn't deserve.

In 2008 he was equal BOG IMO with Medders (if not better), however, it was very difficult to overlook Medders' 7 goal haul. That was very stiff.

This year, he actually backed it up and played another blinder on the big stage. Whilst a case can be made for many others- Didak, Wellingham, Beams and Cloke included, Pendles was a worthy winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brereton on "Boot"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back