Delisted Brett Peake

Remove this Banner Ad

Code:
Pos Number Player       Age    Games    Price          2009            2008            2007       
                        DT      SC       Played DT Avg    SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg    Played    DT Avg     SC Avg
MID 30 PEAKE, Brett    26    75    $278,500 $353,200 18(Fre) 63.4    66.5    18(Fre)    54.5    59.3    10(Fre)    54.2    51.4

Re: Brett Peake

According to Hutchison on the radio last night he'll be in the ones this week.

Hutchison has said before he's in our best 22.

Raph, Miles and Dempster (as running defenders, along with Sam F) have been injured. No brainer that a fit Sneaky Peakey would get a gig?

So he's getting a gig because Raph Clarke, Luke Miles, and Sean Dempster are all injured... yep, that's MY definition of a depth player - which is what most people have suggested he was picked up to be.

Nothing significant here.

Not that surprised Peake is getting a gig this week. On a big ground like ANZ his pace and run should be handy.

I think Lyon would've been keen to give him a run first up anyway, since he was recruited to address our pace deficiency. Hopefully he backs himself to use his pace and break the lines. Seemed a bit gun shy in the NAB Cup, which is understandable for a new recruit I guess, but he really needs to step up and start proving his worth if he wants to keep his spot.

That Peake goal was no fluke, he did that sort of thing pretty regularly for Freo. That's why I think his best position in the team is around the wing/half forward area as he knows where the big sticks are and can trouble defenders with his pace. He really shouldn't be played in defence as he isn't great defensively.

Looks like he probably did enough last night to keep his spot, although I still don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Hopefully as he becomes more familiar with his teammates and with our gameplan he will start making a bigger contribution.

Dunno why he has so many critics. Put the body on the line more than once, and showed plenty of dash.

I think most of the critics of Peake were bitter Freo supporters, just like Bulldogs supporters with Ray when he left. You can't take much notice of their opinions, they are always going to bag an ex-player of theirs.

I've watched enough of Peake at Freo to know he's a good player and thankfully so did our recruiting staff, I'm glad he's starting to repay the faith. Hopefully he will keep improving the more he becomes familiar with our playing style. We have to keep him up forward too, he's already shown how dangerous he can be around the goals and goalkicking is one area we need to improve in.

Looked serviceable at worst tonight. Nice mark held with a unintentional punch to the head for his troubles. Gram mucked up the run in the 3rd (?) quarter that Peake started off after a very clever mark at half back from a beautiful kick from Goddard (?). Gram should have run in to 30 rather than blast from 50. Even so, not that much to worry about.

Let's hope Peaky continues to improve and adapt t the game plan.

Peake played very well tonight. However, against that level of opposition I think Aaron Fiora could of kicked 3-4 goals. No disrespect to North Melbourne fans, but they were not switched on for AFL level.

Done enough to keep his spot for sure. Collingwood is a good test for Peake to see if he can perform just as well against a top 8 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most of the critics of Peake were bitter Freo supporters, just like Bulldogs supporters with Ray when he left. You can't take much notice of their opinions, they are always going to bag an ex-player of theirs.

I've watched enough of Peake at Freo to know he's a good player and thankfully so did our recruiting staff, I'm glad he's starting to repay the faith. Hopefully he will keep improving the more he becomes familiar with our playing style. We have to keep him up forward too, he's already shown how dangerous he can be around the goals and goalkicking is one area we need to improve in.

Here's hoping you are right. The main criticisms of Peake at Freo were that he coughed the ball up way too much and seemed to play well when the team played well. The Saints are a good fit for him, he generally performs well in a winning team, and your forward line is more functional than ours was. He'll attract lessor opponents playing for you guys and wont be expected to lift the team when you are losing.

Looked good. Always heart in the mouth moment when he has the ball (shocking disposal).

I guess if that doesn't improve he'll be playing seconds by the end of the year. Coaches don't like their heart in their mouths either.

I saw nothing noticabley bad about Peake's disposal. Good link up man TBQH.

Yeah I don't think Peake's disposal skills are as bad as some people are making out. He is generally a pretty decent field kick as well as being a pretty accurate kick for goal.

yep spot on

He seems to be able to dispose of the ball quite well around the goals - four goals in the last two games, including a blinder against Sydney. Personally, I think Peake is becoming more and more an indictment on Mark "I wish I was Robert" Harvey. Put the guy with a competent coach, and it's amazing what happens.

He seems to be able to dispose of the ball quite well around the goals - four goals in the last two games, including a blinder against Sydney. Personally, I think Peake is becoming more and more an indictment on Mark "I wish I was Robert" Harvey. Put the guy with a competent coach, and it's amazing what happens.

Mark Harvey inherited a lot of problems, did a clean out so now he has a good young team of players who will put it on the line for each other. Peak had the problems in his game well before Harvey took the reigns. One preseason and 2 games and I wouldn't suggest he's ready to atone for all his past crappy football. Maybe being taken away from his friends in Perth was all that was needed for him to be serious about his career.

Mark Harvey inherited a lot of problems,

Maybe being taken away from his friends in Perth was all that was needed for him to be serious about his career.

One of his mates plays ruck in the same team and the other is at Richmond. Harldy the width of Australia apart. I will blame Harvey!

But you are correct, two good games does a career doth not maketh.

Peake asked to be traded and to be honest it is a win-win.

You get a guy with pace to burn - not a star but has shown enough to say he brings a bit to the table. We got another kid for our list building.

I hope he does well.

Every single week, Peake shows what difference a decent coach makes. The only slipping that's happened here is that a good player has slipped out of your grasp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back