Remove this Banner Ad

tubes

Debutant
Apr 25, 2007
Tas
AFL Club
Carlton
Doing an ok job as coach.
I'm sure he, along with the team, will get better as the year progresses.
One thing that I think needs to be pointed out is that he looks a lot like "Mole" from "Wind in the Willows".
Wind%20in%20the%20Willows001.jpg

16s_ratten,0.jpg

Maybe he's not seeing the game all that well??:D

I remember reading once (i think in kernahan's autobiograohy) that he's blind as a bastard, and used to ask teammates the score during games coz he couldn't read the scoreboard.

I remember reading once (i think in kernahan's autobiograohy) that he's blind as a bastard, and used to ask teammates the score during games coz he couldn't read the scoreboard.

Pretty sure he had that rectified in the mid 1990's, which coicided with his rapid rise in form to be B & F in a premiership year.

Tell me what he's doing o.k??
The Saints game was a disaster,it's now 10 losses in a row to St.Kilda!!

I guess he's doing well with his stocks. We're still a young side in comparison to most other teams. Its all about nurturing our boys to maturity, then we will bust open the competition.
I can tell you this. IMO he is doing better than Dennis Pagan because at least he has the respect of our players.

I think we need to be patient.

Ratts did a media with Carlton TV and was asked "what do you expect from 2008"

His response "to be a foundation year"

This is very critical....if you think about what he is trying to get out of our team, its a process. He is getting a settled backline each game, he is playing Hampson as he will be our nnumber 1 ruck, he is setting up more mid rotations...all of these are keys to building a more settled team.

Weight off Ratten's back after Carlton's first win in a Blue moon
"I felt like about 80 kilos just jumped off my back," Ratten said after his team upset Collingwood by 23 points at the MCG.

"We didn't talk about the losses because … it wasn't about this playing group or this coach, a lot of different people were involved. But for us to, I suppose, get two records out of the way in one day is pretty pleasing."
Good to see we signed a Coach who has his head screwed on straight and isn't harping on about the negatives of a 14 game losing streak like the media and forums.
Kade Simpson was one of six players who relished Carlton's victory after enduring the 14 losses that came before it. He said he was thrilled for Ratten, who had previously coached the side to nine straight defeats.

"I'm absolutely rapt for him. He's been awesome for us, and we knew it was going to happen all along. He's just been sticking to his process and we've just been trying to stick to it as well," Simpson said.

"On Wednesday we got absolutely flogged at training, we practised tackling and I think that worked well for us. We had an eight-day turnaround and it was important we did that sort of stuff because it had been lacking in the previous weeks. We were on top of them all day,"
Legend. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back