Brett Stanton

Remove this Banner Ad

greekgod said:
Can't kick to save himself.

He can, the depth on his kicking is very good and so is his kicking to angles....unfortunately his goal kicking has let him down.

I've seen him kick the ball at the times and been overwhelmed at the way he delivered it, also seen him provide some shockers. His kicking skills are there, its just consistency that needs some work.

Longy413 said:
He can, the depth on his kicking is very good and so is his kicking to angles....unfortunately his goal kicking has let him down.

I've seen him kick the ball at the times and been overwhelmed at the way he delivered it, also seen him provide some shockers. His kicking skills are there, its just consistency that needs some work.

I agree 100%. Too many people have jumped on the "he can't kick" bandwagon without really watching (all stems from the "camp" crap every year). He is a beautiful kick of the ball when running and passing to another player, his problems arise when he gets to the forward 50 and has to think about what he is doing.

If they can fix that then we will have no problems with this guy.

IceTemple said:
I agree 100%. Too many people have jumped on the "he can't kick" bandwagon without really watching (all stems from the "camp" crap every year). He is a beautiful kick of the ball when running and passing to another player, his problems arise when he gets to the forward 50 and has to think about what he is doing.

If they can fix that then we will have no problems with this guy.

Spot on

marcuz said:
He can find the footy which is an important facet of the game. He just needs to steady up and improve his decision making which will come with time.

I like the way he runs the lines and gets through traffic. Hate to draw comparisons but a couple of times, especially in the Port game he got the ball in traffic and put 5m on his opponents in a flash, Akermanis style.

This is one component our club has lacked for some time.

Cooldude said:
He doesn't have anywhere near the natural attacking flair and foot skills of Aker. Aker is a freak on both ends of the body and can kick goals anywhere. Not so Stanton

I meant the way he can clear through traffic.......not pace or foot skills

It's one thing to clear through traffic, it's another thing to put on the finishing touch. That's what makes Aker such a good player. Stants needs to improve his kicking for goal and kicking in general to become a top, top midfielder. Can obviously find the ball and does have shots on goal, but gotta make the most of them.

Still only just 18 though, youngest player on the list. Hope he spends the next few pre-seasons learning how to kick and perfect the art, instead of being like JJ, who still can't quite kick,

Cooldude said:
It's one thing to clear through traffic, it's another thing to put on the finishing touch. That's what makes Aker such a good player. Stants needs to improve his kicking for goal and kicking in general to become a top, top midfielder. Can obviously find the ball and does have shots on goal, but gotta make the most of them.

Still only just 18 though, youngest player on the list. Hope he spends the next few pre-seasons learning how to kick and perfect the art, instead of being like JJ, who still can't quite kick,

He can kick, his foot skills are very good. The depth on his kicks are astounding, it is his goal kicking that lets him down but that is more than likely a confidence issue more than anything.
As IceTemple said, the more he has to think about his kicking the more trouble he has, but like on Saturday when he didn't have to think he was spot on as was the case with the goal he kicked off one step in the first quarter.

I really believe we have a 'player' on our hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longy413 said:
He can kick, his foot skills are very good. The depth on his kicks are astounding, it is his goal kicking that lets him down but that is more than likely a confidence issue more than anything.
As IceTemple said, the more he has to think about his kicking the more trouble he has, but like on Saturday when he didn't have to think he was spot on as was the case with the goal he kicked off one step in the first quarter.

I really believe we have a 'player' on our hands.

He can barely kick 50 metres. Compared to fellow recruits Dyson and Nash his depth of kicking is average at best. His pace and ability to find space and the footy are his best assets by far.

I like him. Knows how to find the footy and run through the lines, Weve really been lacking a bloke like this for a while. Needs to improve his kicking on the run but see a bright future for him at the Dons see more potential in him than in Winderlich. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brett Stanton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back