Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran RIP Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2010 Player Sponsor
Jan 2, 2007
McCrae
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
London Silly Nannies
As said in the title I am stoked that we acquired Wood for an un-proven pick that was expendable.

Yet there was another thing that made me equally as happy. That being there was absolutely no mention of a trade involving Alan Didak after atleast 3 long months of speculation about his future.

It goes to show that Alan has taken all the happenings on the chin and is happy to honor his strict contract, and that the club is happy to stick by our star player.

Alan's best is still infront of him, and a push into the midfield for extra minutes is imminent.

Absolutely stoked that we will see the best of Dids in Collingwood colors.

Also it seems that Leon Davis is also happy at the club and in Victoria.

Didak never was mentioned in a trade by Collingwood.

It was never going to happy.

everyone else had him shipped off to the crows or port. good to see the pies stuck by him, there would have been a lot of unhappy pies supporters had they traded him.

i know its only one membership and it probably doesnt even matter , but i wouldnt have renewed had they shipped him off elsewhere

another good story of trade week was seeing the pies try to get davies a spot on another list, that was well done by the pies. davies deserved another crack

It never was going to happy.

I'm also rapt that Didak is staying a Pie. After a full year post-knee reco, he should have another crack at the Copeland in 2008. :)

Didak, Still with Didak... Oh yes!!.. Of Corse.. He is special that boy!!

Get the feeling Harris has kicked to the wrong bloke? Didaks gonna eat this up. Leans back and give's it everything his got!!

Didak unloads and kicks it Beautifully!!.. as only he can!

I think bruce likes him... But not as much as me..

No need to trade Didak, he is our A grade. He and pendles are the future of this club in A grade terms. His leadership by all reports was on the improve towards the end of the year, before Cookies first game he invited him over for dinner at his house the night before to keep him busy.

His final series was magnificant, when we needed him to stand up he did, similar to anzac day, next year he will be our best player.

You know what has made me happy since Judd announced he was going to Carlton? The fact that alot of poster on the Blues board was so quick to throw Josh Kennedy at the Eagles if it meant securing Judd...then i realized who the blues board sponsors :eek:!!! Also the Brisbane board Sponsors Richard Hadley i wonder if they'll continue with that :D

I would've been prepared to trade The Dak as part of a deal for Judd, but as soon as Judd chose Carlton, I wouldn't have let him go... He's got class and elite footskills and he's a matchwinner. He's too valuable to trade unless we're getting premium quality in return.

I hope he can have a big preseason and play as a mid next year. If he can become a frontline mid for us, that goes a long way toward closing the midfield class deficit that exists between us and the other sides that'll be vying for top four spots in 08.

Huge year for him, and for us, next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everyone else had him shipped off to the crows or port. good to see the pies stuck by him, there would have been a lot of unhappy pies supporters had they traded him.

i know its only one membership and it probably doesnt even matter , but i wouldnt have renewed had they shipped him off elsewhere

another good story of trade week was seeing the pies try to get davies a spot on another list, that was well done by the pies. davies deserved another crack

Don't under-estimate yourself. We (and our total supporter base) are the lifeblood of the Club: long after this current group of players and administrators has gone, we'll still be here. Some players will continue as enthusiastic supporters and some won't. The one constant is us and the Club fails to recognize that at its peril.

Hopefully Didak 08 can be something like Ablett (gary haha) 2007 moving from Forward line goalsneak to midfield superstar

Didak is`already as good as Gablett JR.
30% of Gabletts perceived greatness is in his name.

I have a theory that alcohol has a much worse effect on players' performances than people think, and what happened could have been a blessing in disguise for Didak and the club since it seems he is already starting to show the benefits of being on the wagon - too bad he couldn't be encouraged to abstain over the break as well. AFAIK in a lot of pro sports round the world they have team rules not to drink in the season, could be a good idea for AFL also.

I have a theory that alcohol has a much worse effect on players' performances than people think, and what happened could have been a blessing in disguise for Didak and the club since it seems he is already starting to show the benefits of being on the wagon - too bad he couldn't be encouraged to abstain over the break as well. AFAIK in a lot of pro sports round the world they have team rules not to drink in the season, could be a good idea for AFL also.
Spot on,that's not just a theory-it is an undeniable fact. So less alcohol and a pre-season under his belt should translate into his best season yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bringing in Wood is fantastic, but something else made me happy last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back