Brisbane awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
Having watched the Lions closely(whenever I can) it seems your team can find an extra gear when needed.
Bluntly you are too good
Last week it looked like Lee sent the order down second gear boys and 20 min later it was all over.
Voss,Acker(my favorite player outside the Roos),Black ,Lappin,Power,Brown,etc can find something extra
Can find out what it is beside trying to ***** off Eddie and send some to the Roos

Well they are going to need to find that extra gear today. I'm not watching the game but judging by the radio it sounds as though the backline is asleep and/or mucking around to the extreme, the forward line is legless and Voss in particular is a LIABILITY, and the midfield which was doing well early is now starting to get cut up on the rebound. It's very concerning, and the Lions may yet rue the first 5 minutes when they didn't let West Coast into their forward half but could only manage 3 behinds.

Well knock me down with a feather. After being down by 16 points early in the quarter and then down by 15 again a little later on, I was thinking the writing was on the wall. But tremendous fighting spirit shown so far by the Lions to kick the last 3 and take the lead at 3 quarter time. I don't know if they can win with only 18 fit men (Bradshaw, Leppitsch, B. Scott and Caracella all injured), but certainly an excellent fightback late in that quarter.

GO LIONS!!!

:eek: Settle.

We gutsed it out, can't fault the heart of the side, but if ever the adage "they didn't win it, we lost it" was to be applicable, it was today!

Skill level and decision making, especially inside fifty, was sorely below par. Credit to the Weagles for keeping us under the hammer, but by geez, we had a shipload of opportunities to nail this one.

Best news on the day was Nuxy's very accomplished debut.

Not criticising the effort. Certainly that is the last thing I would do on today's performance. I'm criticising their composure in close games. You would think that after all the close losses they've had under Leigh Matthews that they would start to win them and win them consistently. And I think they are going to have to do that this year if they are to finish in the top 4.

7 scoring shots for no return is simply disgraceful, there's really no other word for it. And it's happened in previous games too, although never as extreme as today. The space between the goals is 7 metres! Hell, I'm a hack and even I can find that gap occasionally!

Corrie did sound good though, and followed through on his good game against Essendon in the preseason.

Agree on gutsing it out. The right kicking boots definitely werent on against Westcoast. Voss also had a pretty dirty day with clangers but still showed lots of heart. Full marks to Corrie.

i would sum it up as frustrating !! we missed targets all day,our forwards were poor - browny an exception and we should convert a lot better than that. but its only 1 week and a good wake up call it will prove to be, throw in 19 fit players and its not a bad effort in reality.

corrie showed that when he gets experience he will be a ripper i reckon , well done lad

No one is going to beat themselves up more than those boys of ours....they are their own greatest critics.

We all know what happened today, and we won't speak of it again.

We were down on men today and they will not rest the games outcome on that fact....so I will not.

Defeat.....snatched from the jaws of victory.

....my love for them all grows more and more each time they come out on the ground.

Guts, each and every one of them, and I am a proud Brisbane Lion supporter, as always.

They did a hell of a lot better thanl ast trip over there,70 points wasn't it.

We went into the match without Beau and Crackers, and Chris Scott and Lynch and White.We lost Bradshaw before the match.Leppa and Caracella during the match.We were lucky not to lose by 100.

We did amazingly well under those circumstances.rue the missed shots, but it showed they had heart.Thats whats most important in round 4.The desire to win at all costs.We still have that.

Originally posted by BrisGirl
No one is going to beat themselves up more than those boys of ours....they are their own greatest critics.

We all know what happened today, and we won't speak of it again.

We were down on men today and they will not rest the games outcome on that fact....so I will not.

Defeat.....snatched from the jaws of victory.

....my love for them all grows more and more each time they come out on the ground.

Guts, each and every one of them, and I am a proud Brisbane Lion supporter, as always.
:confused:

What was that? A match write-up or a rejected Days of our Lives script? :eek: :D

Originally posted by Jethro Q Walrustitty
:confused:

What was that? A match write-up or a rejected Days of our Lives script? :eek: :D

Ok, how about this.

Yesterday we did most of the work, and I don't know how many times we tackled a WCE player and did not get rewarded for it.

All I saw was the WCE players waiting like seaguls for their player to drop the ball after being tackled and they would pick it up and take it away. The tackle stats will confirm this fact.

...and Voss in front of goal, being pushed in the chest as the ball was coming down. When an opposition player has his back to the ball and facing the opposition player, face to face, pushing him in the chest, I always thought that that action was an automatic free kick, but not last night. That was a goal we could have used.

My original post was being magnamimous, because the boys were, but I thought the umpiring was shi!thouse, as always. The frees 18-11 in WCE favour is proof yet again that our boys not only have to play a game against opposition players but the umpires as well.

It wasn't the best game of footy I have seen them play, and they did some errors that made you shake your head in wonder, but they didn't roll over and use the fact that they had no one on the bench to capitulate and throw the game. They guts the game out, knowing that this wasn't their best game and for that I love them, as I could name many other Clubs that would have turned their backs on that game, but Brisbane Lions don't do that, because they play with pride.

Congratulations WCE on your win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back