• No but he should be free to play

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Yes but he should be suspended

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No and it's the correct choice to suspend

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As if playing AFL isn't a hard enough game, the AFL also expects players to assess where the harder parts of the field are and to tackle accordingly?
I checked the live blog and saw that question. FMD

Im Out GIF

Perhaps they should just not spin a player around before pushing them head first into the ground?

Well I believe that was Brown’s additional mass and inertia.

In any case, it’s a lame response because I am clearly talking about the comment from the AFL counsel that suggested Rayner needed to assess relative surface hardness when applying a tackle. Do try and follow along.

Well I believe that was Brown’s additional mass and inertia.

In any case, it’s a lame response because I am clearly talking about the comment from the AFL counsel that suggested Rayner needed to assess relative surface hardness when applying a tackle. Do try and follow along.
The point remains the same. Just don't drive a guy face first into the dirt and it doesn't matter what the surface is.

Or maybe dont pin both arms, spin, lift, then slam head first in to the ground.

Dont pin the arms and the player gets a handball off and you get marked as a player who cant tackle.

So what do you do? Cant pin the arms, cant take to ground incase they bump their head, have to make sure your arms are no where near the head...Is tackling really that much of a science now?

Dont pin the arms and the player gets a handball off and you get marked as a player who cant tackle.

So what do you do? Cant pin the arms, cant take to ground incase they bump their head, have to make sure your arms are no where near the head...Is tackling really that much of a science now?

If you do pin the arms dont spin, lift, then slam head first in to the ground.

You can pin the arms. You can take to the ground. Its adding the full force face into the dirt that's the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic ! Carlton Collingwood or tigers he gets off for sure , it’s all about $$$$ for mother afl
Tell that to Phil Carman, Jason Cloke and Anthony Rocca, who all missed playing in grand finals due to suspension. In Cloke and Rocca's cases it was to be against your mob in 2002 and 2003 respectively.

Common sense prevails. Rayner had all the control in that tackle to apply it at any degree he wishes, unfortunately for Brown he chose to bury him into the turf.

Watching it again I think his main problem was that after the spin, with the arms pinned Rayner's weight was in his back, effectively putting a lot of weight forcing Brown's head into the ground with force, with his arms pinned.

I dont think he deliberately meant to fall into his back and his head hit the ground forcefully, but the AFL these days is shit scared of those actions that can cause those results.

You can pin the arms. You can take to the ground. Its adding the full force face into the dirt that's the problem.
It's that simple, it's laughable how little credit people can give to a players ability to control their body and then try to spin the blame as if it was Brown's fault for falling forward.

When Brown realizes he can't get the ball out, he wants to be taken to ground hoping for free kick or at least a ball up, as they are coached to do.
Rayner only slung him because Brown relaxed his legs.

...or they could just.....you know.....not pin both arms and smash a blokes face into the ground....

Or you could… not just ape… another poster who already… missed the point… like you… but at least… he… didn’t commit grammatical crimes… against ellipses…

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Brisbane challenging Rayner's suspension

Back