Club Focus Brisbane Lions 2024 - in search of another KPF?

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

This is bait, im not getting into a whole thing with you over it
Not at all
You put up Williams and thats a terrible trade due to Williams being barely WAFL level player
there is a reason why you put him up and he is being mentioned in every trade scenario
Bailey Williams has no trade value and would be on par with Trew

Wright is gettable but he is also shit.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Fort is 30something, Smith isnt as comfortable at AFL level as Bailey is.
For a couple of fringe players its not a bad deal at all
Bailey Williams may be more comfortable at losing games of footy. But he would still be a fringe player at any club. So nah, Bailey Williams sucks.

Last edited:
There’s nothing wrong with playing a smaller forward line improvement In Morris and Cobra Kai Linc will be back Hipwood actually showed a bit until injury hit him against Sydney target a fwd next season there’s a few decent free agent available

It's fine. I wonder who the 2nd ruck will be though.

Bailey Williams may be more comfortable at losing games of footy. But he would still be a fringe player at any club. So nah, Bailey Williams sucks.
Bailey sucks as a full time ruck, which as a tall forward thats not unexpected. Hes always trained and spent his preseasons as a forward, so lacks a bit of size to be a full time ruck.
He would be your best option to replace Daniher for sure, unless you found someone else to trade in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey sucks as a full time ruck, which as a tall forward thats not unexpected. Hes always trained and spent his preseasons as a forward, so lacks a bit of size to be a full time ruck.
He would be your best option to replace Daniher for sure, unless you found someone else to trade in
I'D personally put my eggs in the Henry Smith basket who both Fagan and Daly see as a future ruck/fwd i feel we draft Gallop and Gellett as development

I'D personally put my eggs in the Henry Smith basket who both Fagan and Daly see as a future ruck/fwd i feel we draft Gallop and Gellett as development
Depends if you want to try to make the most of Lachie Neale still being at his peak or not.
The end of your window isnt coming yet for you guys with 2x Ashcroft, but Bailey is at least big enough and is capable of making a contest to let Hipwood do whatever he does.
Smith seems like more of a pure ruckman no? Any other kids you draft will take a couple of years before they can impact, Bailey would cover that gap.

Im not trying to pawn off Bailey, we still need him as ruck depth, but I do think he would be ideal as he fills the role, is competent as a ruck/fwd, and you have WA kids we would be interested in so you dont have to use draft picks you need to match bids.

Depends if you want to try to make the most of Lachie Neale still being at his peak or not.
The end of your window isnt coming yet for you guys with 2x Ashcroft, but Bailey is at least big enough and is capable of making a contest to let Hipwood do whatever he does.
Smith seems like more of a pure ruckman no? Any other kids you draft will take a couple of years before they can impact, Bailey would cover that gap.

Im not trying to pawn off Bailey, we still need him as ruck depth, but I do think he would be ideal as he fills the role, is competent as a ruck/fwd, and you have WA kids we would be interested in so you dont have to use draft picks you need to match bids.
We have Fort as a big body forward, who would do a better job than Williams now and Smith who will be a better player than Williams. Please, ZZ, Robertson and Prior for Bailey Williams would be pure robbery.

We have Fort as a big body forward, who would do a better job than Williams now and Smith who will be a better player than Williams. Please, ZZ, Robertson and Prior for Bailey Williams would be pure robbery.
Fort isnt a natural forward, Bailey is. Smith is more of a ruckman than a forward, you want a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck id have thought
Generally when its written as "Zakostelsky/Prior and DevRob", that doesnt mean all 3 of them. DevRob + 1 of the other two, id be happy with Prior and DevRob, 2 guys who arent getting a game anyway

Fort isnt a natural forward, Bailey is. Smith is more of a ruckman than a forward, you want a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck id have thought
Generally when its written as "Zakostelsky/Prior and DevRob", that doesnt mean all 3 of them. DevRob + 1 of the other two, id be happy with Prior and DevRob, 2 guys who arent getting a game anyway
I’d still argue Fort is a better forward than Williams. Fort has kicked the same amount of career goals as Williams, despite playing half the games, and a handful of these as sub.

I’d still argue Fort is a better forward than Williams. Fort has kicked the same amount of career goals as Williams, despite playing half the games, and a handful of these as sub.
Bailey has never played as a second ruck in a side like Fort has, hes basically always played as the #1 ruck despite it not being his natural role. Hasnt had the opportunity to kick many goals

Bailey has never played as a second ruck in a side like Fort has, hes basically always played as the #1 ruck despite it not being his natural role. Hasnt had the opportunity to kick many goals
I'M not sure why you keep puddening him to Us if he's such a great forward i would have thought he's exactly what the Eagles need also the stats don't back up your statement

I'M not sure why you keep puddening him to Us if he's such a great forward i would have thought he's exactly what the Eagles need also the stats don't back up your statement
I dont care if you take him, I just think hes been dismissed way too quickly.

Stats can be misleading, hes always trained as a forward(slighter more athletic frame) and been forced to play solo ruck vs guys 5+kgs heavier due to availability of our other ruckmen. Not his fault hes never had much time as a forward.

We have an abundance of KPFs, 2 elite ones in the side and 2 more 199-203cm young KPFs developing. Bailey wont get a gig as a forward for us, he knows that so for him its either stick it out as a ruck, or go elsewhere and be a forward(his preferred role).

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Brisbane Lions 2024 - in search of another KPF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back