Club Focus Brisbane Lions 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Coleman going down hurts them and shows the lack of depth in that spot. Will no doubt be a target area this offseason.
I don't know if it's so much a lack of depth, it's more that Coleman is just a very good player and the backups won't ever be as good as him. Besides him there's Wilmot, McKenna, Madden and Brain for run off half back. Can always send Ah Chee or a young midfielder back there too.

I don't know if it's so much a lack of depth, it's more that Coleman is just a very good player and the backups won't ever be as good as him. Besides him there's Wilmot, McKenna, Madden and Brain for run off half back. Can always send Ah Chee or a young midfielder back there too.

Losing McKenna now for abit will hurt.

I look at their list and I cant honestly see 6 list spots minimum needed for their bids unless this list is incorrect. They need Lester imo and probably be redrafted. Lyons retired, Joyce (rookie), Carter (rookie), Prior (delisted or redrafted) Zorko (redraft?), Madden (rookie), Lane (rookie), Beecken (MS rookie), Craven (MS rookie), McCarthy (redraft).

That's 6 rookies 5 main I guess? I'm not sure how many rookies and main list they have all up but I guess there's going to be some magic happening.

I completely forgot about Doedee...
It looks like a hole in the list but mostly as so many are injured right now. Payne, Joyce, Gardiner and Doedee all out at once causes some issues.

We did pick up Morris and Lloyd as medium tall forwards and ZZ as a tall back last year. Smith and maybe Lane look ok as ruck back up. Then have a bit of a pipeline of mids coming in with Levi, Marshall and then Annable the year after. Hard to tell what major needs we need to bring in at the moment

I look at their list and I cant honestly see 6 list spots minimum needed for their bids unless this list is incorrect. They need Lester imo and probably be redrafted. Lyons retired, Joyce (rookie), Carter (rookie), Prior (delisted or redrafted) Zorko (redraft?), Madden (rookie), Lane (rookie), Beecken (MS rookie), Craven (MS rookie), McCarthy (redraft).

That's 6 rookies 5 main I guess? I'm not sure how many rookies and main list they have all up but I guess there's going to be some magic happening.
The rookies we have at the moment are McKenna, Reville, Brain, Joyce, + our 3 MSDs draftees I think. Of the remaining players not signed on for 2025 - Lyons, Lane, Prior, Madden, Joyce, Zorko, Lester, Michael, Beeken, and Craven - we'll probably have Lyons, Lane, Madden, and Michael leave the club. 50/50 on what happens to Prior, Joyce, Beeken, and Craven. Lester/Zorko re-sign, few player trades [Dev Rob + Tunstill maybe].

Just on McCarthy, there was an article in the Herald Sun [?] a while ago that he was extended for 2025, but I don't think that was ever publicly announced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Brisbane Lions 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back